The Look of the Turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on Tumblr created an image based on the Michelango Halloween Costume.

tumblr_n010ag93ve1rs7uoeo1_1280.png

I like this....I like it alot.

I love the personalized outfits. Hope the rest look just as good. If you've ever hung around twins or triplets you know how often they go out of their way to look distinct

I need to see the others!!! It's driving me insane not knowing what they look like!

I gave up hope the moment I read that early script. Now I'm just content to get a chuckle out of how bad this is going to be. Fortunately the Nickelodeon cartoon is fantastic. That makes this a lot easier to take.

I love the personalized outfits. Hope the rest look just as good. If you've ever hung around twins or triplets you know how often they go out of their way to look distinct
I just hope they don't go overboard with the personalizing, and focus only on one aspect of their personality, stereotyping them as one dimensional characters

I mean, is Donnie going to be a full on nerd with suspenders, bow tie, pocket protector,.... kinda stuff

Last edited:
I mean, is Donnie going to be a full on nerd with suspenders, bow tie, pocket protector,.... kinda stuff

Come on, this is 2014. Hollywood is past that kind of stereotyping.

a0hz69.jpg

That drawing of Mikey looks great! Hope he looks just like that in the movie.

I just woukd like to see the rest of the Turtles. I hope official pics are coming soon. I'm curious as to how big their shells are gonna be. They look humongous in the set pics

Well the Blue Door script had several scenes where the guys completely retracted into their shells, so if any of that script survived rewrites (and I've seen enough similarities since then to say at least some things were likely kept, like the military Foot) they'll probably bulk up the shells to make all that retracting more believable.

Well the Blue Door script had several scenes where the guys completely retracted into their shells, so if any of that script survived rewrites (and I've seen enough similarities since then to say at least some things were likely kept, like the military Foot) they'll probably bulk up the shells to make all that retracting more believable.

True, I'm just not a fan of the large shells...I hope it looks good on screen

The shells look a little bigger in the set photos than what we've seen in the past and I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't one thing I'm a tiny bit concerned about,but I don't think they'll be too bad.
You have to also keep in mind that the turtles will be a bit more muscular and bigger than the actual actors,so I think it'll work out.
You can get a rough idea of how big Mikey's arms will be from the amount of empty space between the actors wrists and the shackles.
teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_20130509_1486003284.jpg

If they look close to that drawing I'm sure most people wouldn't cease their complaining.

Behold! Possible Leaked Designs For The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Film

Posted on January 22, 2014 by Sean

I’ve sat on these for awhile & think now is the time we showed you these. Take a look at these possibly leaked designs for the upcoming TMNT film. Now, these designs are pretty much aligned with the descriptions given to us a few weeks back by Idle Hands. Well, what do you think? I will place the description given by Idle Hands of the new TMNT action figures below these images. Donatello’s design has yet be “released”.

Description of the Turtles looks -
- Each turtle looks LIKE A TURTLE and not alien…at all. (BIGGER YAY!) In fact the designs are quite traditional and unremarkable, and feature far less texture than the 80′s movie turtles. Eyes are fairly normal and not cartoonishly large. No beak along the nose area like some speculated. Three fingers and two toes.
- The sort of hunched over posture present in the actors in those leaked set pictures is present here. - Amazingly, each character appeared to have a different physique with some (like Raphael and Leonardo) having super heroey muscle tone (though Raph appears more pumped up than Leo) and Donatello appearing slimmer..leaner. Michelangelo could possibly be slightly shorter than the rest. - Each turtle’s mask matches the color from the cartoons.
- Styles of dress are different as well with Leonardo in a sort of pseudo samurai gear get up including shoulder armor, some leg bits, arm bracer and foot wear up to the calf with bindings showing. He might have some armor (non metal) along his chest as well. Donatello’s gear is a mix of techy, modern and a dash of samurai with more normal footwear (for a 2 toed giant turtle), some gadget on his head and gadgetry coming off of his shell. The ends of his mask are far longer than the rest, draping down to his waist. Raphael has adopted an urban warrior look with white, bandage-like wrappings on his feet, right leg, and right arm. He wears this very conan-esque loin cloth..thing..with leather straps draping down as if he were more suited for gladiatorial battle. Michelangelo’s outfit seems the simplest with a hoodie wrapped around his waist, pants and sneakers with the toes cut out, wrappings on his hands and forearms, a necklace (could be puka shell beads?) and his mask ends drape down to his chest. He looks frighteningly ready to spit out some modern catch phrases.

all those look nice. I just wanna see something official already. Somebody said the firzt look would be during the Super Bowl but I'm not so sure about that

Behold! Possible Leaked Designs For The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Film

Posted on January 22, 2014 by Sean

I’ve sat on these for awhile & think now is the time we showed you these. Take a look at these possibly leaked designs for the upcoming TMNT film. Now, these designs are pretty much aligned with the descriptions given to us a few weeks back by Idle Hands. Well, what do you think? I will place the description given by Idle Hands of the new TMNT action figures below these images. Donatello’s design has yet be “released”.

Description of the Turtles looks -
- Each turtle looks LIKE A TURTLE and not alien…at all. (BIGGER YAY!) In fact the designs are quite traditional and unremarkable, and feature far less texture than the 80′s movie turtles. Eyes are fairly normal and not cartoonishly large. No beak along the nose area like some speculated. Three fingers and two toes.
- The sort of hunched over posture present in the actors in those leaked set pictures is present here. - Amazingly, each character appeared to have a different physique with some (like Raphael and Leonardo) having super heroey muscle tone (though Raph appears more pumped up than Leo) and Donatello appearing slimmer..leaner. Michelangelo could possibly be slightly shorter than the rest. - Each turtle’s mask matches the color from the cartoons.
- Styles of dress are different as well with Leonardo in a sort of pseudo samurai gear get up including shoulder armor, some leg bits, arm bracer and foot wear up to the calf with bindings showing. He might have some armor (non metal) along his chest as well. Donatello’s gear is a mix of techy, modern and a dash of samurai with more normal footwear (for a 2 toed giant turtle), some gadget on his head and gadgetry coming off of his shell. The ends of his mask are far longer than the rest, draping down to his waist. Raphael has adopted an urban warrior look with white, bandage-like wrappings on his feet, right leg, and right arm. He wears this very conan-esque loin cloth..thing..with leather straps draping down as if he were more suited for gladiatorial battle. Michelangelo’s outfit seems the simplest with a hoodie wrapped around his waist, pants and sneakers with the toes cut out, wrappings on his hands and forearms, a necklace (could be puka shell beads?) and his mask ends drape down to his chest. He looks frighteningly ready to spit out some modern catch phrases.
These are nothing new.
They've been floating around since like 2011 I think.
You can see them on the first few pages of this thread even.

if that's fan art it's eerie how close to the finished product Mikey is

Ok, I've been lurking for quite a while now. I feel that the look for Mikey is a bit much. Sure, I think it is a great idea for the turtles to express themselves with their attire, but I don't like that they are starting to look far less like ninjas. If Mikey doesn't fight through out the film wearing this, I'll be fine. As far as his actual appearance, I have to see an actual picture before I judge. Though, that mask is freaking hilarious! Those lips are killing me.

^When have they ever looked like ninjas? ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"