The Look of the Turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.
TMNT.jpg

What's weird about that pic is the scariest people on the poster are Splinter and Casey..."I" don't look that menacing in that pic cause I had my "smaller blades" helmet on and Bebop just looks like a deusche.

"Hey Bebop, you've failed me yet again you insolent fool!"

I LOVE the look of April here. Perfect if that translated onto film. However, the look of everyone else looks really, well...creepy. Although the turtles are different and (to an extent) warlike beings they don't have to look as so. They look so scary! It's a great concept but I'm still a huge fan of their look in the original live action. And oh my God, is that Beebop? *shivers* :doh:

While that art is well done, it's a little too uncanny valley. I doubt a kid, let alone an adult could have that on their bedroom wall at night and not get freaked out.

I wonder why Rocksteady wasn't on the poster. He was the first TMNT Character I seen Raporza do, and he looked more realistic than Bebop, but he also looked like he had down-syndrome for some reason. His version of Wingnut & Screwloose and Baxter Stockman looked extra creepy.

You should also check out his " Masters of the Universe" portraits also. Great stuff.

Not a fan of the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Thuggles" look. Don't think the turtles need to be wearing a ton of clothing, it kind of detracts from the overall visual.

I think all of these designs are a bit off for one reason. I expect the turtles will probably be a bit skinnier, slimmer than past designs in NINJA TURTLES.

Not a fan of naked turtles either. I've always found that to be crazy, especially now its just gonna look stupid. im a naked ninja, yeah right. clothing makes sense

One thing that I hope is that their eyes will NOT have pupils. It just screams original comics ninja turtles, and I really prefered the way they looked in the 2003 show, so yeah

One thing that I hope is that their eyes will NOT have pupils. It just screams original comics ninja turtles, and I really prefered the way they looked in the 2003 show, so yeah

I guess that would fit the whole alien aspect (*shivers*). But wouldn't it make them look kinda creepy? I can see how it works in a cartoon and in the comics (and makes them more threatening for their villains), but it doesn't seem to translate well on screen. For example:

AnimatedSeries1.jpg
VS.
Picture1-5.jpg

Meh.

Not a fan of naked turtles either. I've always found that to be crazy, especially now its just gonna look stupid. im a naked ninja, yeah right. clothing makes sense

This is that kind of "Batman shouldn't have a cape" type of logic. It may make sense in a strictly logical way but...just no. The turtles should not wear clothes.

I think people are over thinking TMNT if they want clothes on them.

I guess that would fit the whole alien aspect (*shivers*). But wouldn't it make them look kinda creepy? I can see how it works in a cartoon and in the comics (and makes them more threatening for their villains), but it doesn't seem to translate well on screen. For example:

AnimatedSeries1.jpg
VS.
Picture1-5.jpg

Meh.

I'd be fine with it. They could do something like TMNT (or like TDK in the pic you posted) and reference it.

AnimatedSeries1.jpg
VS.
Picture1-5.jpg

Meh.

I was going to reference to Batman's white eyes. I think they should make them like actual turtle's eyes to compromise. I personally wouldn't want their eyes to look too cartoony like in the old movies (even though i liked the puppet suits.) I just think it'd be cool if they went a bit darker in this film. I mean the fanbase is older and so is technology. They're MUTANT NINJAS i think that'd be cool dark. However, no clothes (or at least not too much) and still have teenage voices and some good comedy.

How about they all wear red bandanas (ala Mirage), only the turles be a different species so people can tell them apart:

Ralph- a snapper

Leo- a slider

Mike-a box tortoise

Don- a green sea turtle

That way, you don't have to had multi-colored bands to tell them apart.

But the different colors is one of the most iconic part of the turtles.

Okay so if they are from a planet of alien turtles, they should look sleek and humanoid.

Specifics:

Black eyes
Skinny, but still muscular
No scales
Swamp green or seaweed green

TMNT.jpg

I actually like all the looks here. The characters all have a bit of an edge to them which is a bit more like their early comics. I also like the fact that the turtles look intimadating and more warrior like than loveable looking. Shredder, Casey , and Be Bop also look alot scarier which is actually pretty cool imo. April looks pretty cute too. Overall , I'd be totally down with these designs for a rebooted Chris Nolan/ Marc Webb esqe type of take on the Ninja Turtles...minus the alien origin junk.

I don't like Rapozas turtle art- they look chubby and kind of cartoony.
I really love what this guy is doing. Very real and natural and maintains a teen vibe to the slender look of the body. Not cartoony, and looks like a turtle.
Add some weapons maybe some street clothes, and young Brooklyn voices, would be cool.
I know lots of people are to lazy to click on the link- but I couln't get the IMG link to work..
http://cghub.com/images/view/230944/

I don't like Rapozas turtle art- they look chubby and kind of cartoony.
I really love what this guy is doing. Very real and natural and maintains a teen vibe to the slender look of the body. Not cartoony, and looks like a turtle.
Add some weapons maybe some street clothes, and young Brooklyn voices, would be cool.
I know lots of people are to lazy to click on the link- but I couln't get the IMG link to work..
http://cghub.com/images/view/230944/

Hmmm, yeahhhhhh, I'm gonna have to say no.

I kinda like this concept. Except for the beaks. But if this design was done in a movie & the beaks were flexible & moved like lips then I wouldn't mind them.

tmnt-epic-ninja-turtle-art-tmnt-demotivational-poster-1271220074.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"