The Look of the Turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit, the 87 toon 's Retromutagen ooze theory does make a lot more sense, but one thing always bugged me. The Ooze mutates the specimen into whatever the last creature it came into contact with. The turtles were last touched by Yoshi, so they took on the human traits, and Yoshi took on the traits of the rats, because thats what he was last in contact with. BUT ! Since Yoshi was cleary shown holding the turtles while he wiped off the mutagen, shouldn't he have mutated into a turtle, since the last creature he came into contact with was them ?

No, the Turtles were last touched by the boy that bought them from the pet shop. Splinter found them crawling in the mutagen, so the Turtles had already started the mutation process. Splinter must have touched the mutagen before he touched the Turtles and began mutating.

I like the new origin the IDW comics gave them, I just finished vol. 1 half an hour ago. lol

the turtles definitely need scales this time around, it makes them look more durable as opposed to rubbery smooth skin. imo

What would Donnie be, a hipster?
gtfo.png

That's asking me to suspend my disbelief too much.

I agree with the poster who said Yoshi turning into a rat makes more sense. I like how it's a reverse of what the turtles go through as well.

Also it'll be a lot more personal for Yoshi's arc.

yeah a rat mastering his master's Martial arts was a bit ridiculous in original movie lol

No, the Turtles were last touched by the boy that bought them from the pet shop. Splinter found them crawling in the mutagen, so the Turtles had already started the mutation process. Splinter must have touched the mutagen before he touched the Turtles and began mutating.

Was it last contacted with or had the most contact with? I thought he turned into a rat because he had been in contact with rats a long time before the turtles came.

Yeah he did. I'd prefer him being something of a geek, myself. I say something, because the turtles shouldn't be stereotypes.

Okay, I guess I can go with that logic, although the Fred Wolf toon had so many plot holes in their mutation theory, like how did LeatherHead mutate into a humanoid form when he swam through the orange mutagen in the original toon, although he never touched a human ( maybe different color mutagen have different effects like different color kryptonite ? ), and why Slash didn't mutate into half turtle/ half wart hog, since Bebop was the only one who touched him and had the most contact.

In the first movie he seemed more like the laid back stoner type than techno whiz.

Donnie's characterization was very vague in the first film. I've said it before but there were hints of his intelligence or sensitivity here and there but it wasn't enough to really define his role in the film.

He always had kind of an undercurrent of wit to him, basically he could stealth insult you without you even knowing it.

He always had kind of an undercurrent of wit to him, basically he could stealth insult you without you even knowing it.

Yeah Donnie is almost an combination of the 80's cartoon Raph and Ferris Bueller.

Mikey would be Jeff Spicoli. Leo would be Emilio Estavez from The Breakfast Club, while Movie Raph would be Judge Nelson.

Yeah Donnie is almost an combination of the 80's cartoon Raph and Ferris Bueller.

Mikey would be Jeff Spicoli. Leo would be Emilio Estavez from The Breakfast Club, while Movie Raph would be Judge Nelson.

LOL, you're absolutely right !!

Was it last contacted with or had the most contact with? I thought he turned into a rat because he had been in contact with rats a long time before the turtles came.

Last contact. Splinter had been roaming through the sewer and came across sewer rats before he found the Turtles.

Okay, I guess I can go with that logic, although the Fred Wolf toon had so many plot holes in their mutation theory, like how did LeatherHead mutate into a humanoid form when he swam through the orange mutagen in the original toon, although he never touched a human ( maybe different color mutagen have different effects like different color kryptonite ? ), and why Slash didn't mutate into half turtle/ half wart hog, since Bebop was the only one who touched him and had the most contact.

The only explanation I can think of for Leatherhead is that he had come into contact with a human a some point before the mutation. Or, like you suggested, the orange mutagen had a different effect. Slash's case is a weird one. I'm not sure that the mutagen can cross-breed animals (or at least I have never seen it happen), so Slash must have only taken the human form. Maybe the fact that Bebop is really human has something to do with it, but i'm not sure.

Last edited:
Should the turtles have big pearly white teeth or should their teeth be covered in plaque, cavities & some tooth decay from having poor eating habits & poor dental hygiene over the years?

Should the turtles have big pearly white teeth or should their teeth be covered in plaque, cavities & some tooth decay from having poor eating habits & poor dental hygiene over the years?

There's no reason Splinter didn't teach them good dental hygiene.

If they can afford/find TVs, weapons, and furniture, they can do the same for tooth brushes.

Keep it simple is my biggest suggestion to the look of the Turtles.

That Mark Vick design is probably the best I've seen that would translate to live action so far.

Whoa! That Mark Vick designs just craps on all the hideous junk people have posted the past few months. I'm all for that design too! Still identifiable with the turtles most of us grew up and are familiar with. I love that raw look to it.

I don't care what they look like as long as they bow to ME!

Here's a design I'm working on. Still early WIP. I incorporated all the things I liked from the other designs I've seen, and included a ideas of my own.

leo001copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"