The Look of the Turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of the face and tail, otherwise badass. Love the armguard. And it's a great example of keeping it simple.

Here's a design I'm working on. Still early WIP. I incorporated all the things I liked from the other designs I've seen, and included a ideas of my own.

leo001copy.jpg
It's a nitpick, but:

ANTZ

It's a nitpick, but:

ANTZ
Same thing I was thinking after looking at the face for the first time. Body is fine, maybe make the tail a little less pronounced, but the face is what ruins it for me.

Kind of odd that he'd even be in contact with people associated with the movie. As for the drawing, I'm not sure it's even a serious contender for the look; more of a tongue-in-cheek version to kind of hit at the criticisms of Bay's alien statement.

I think Cudi is probably up for the score then anything else. Let's say he's up for a role, I just can't see him being one of the turtles because it's too random.

The turtles having prominent tails is an interesting way to go (here, they're still small).

In the original concept art, they had tails the length of their legs. Could use them in combat.

Last edited:
I don't want them to have long tails that will aid them in combat, but I'm cool with short tails.

Here's a design I'm working on. Still early WIP. I incorporated all the things I liked from the other designs I've seen, and included a ideas of my own.

leo001copy.jpg

Great art – but I'm personally not a fan of the look.

I'm not happy with the face, either. Not what I originally envisioned in my head.

They did have tails in the original comic.

I love these designs. digging the different styles and attention to detail. im gonna post a quick piece i was working on with the same approach i guess...

not really a fan of this for the turtles. if they weren't turtles then it'd be cool.

I like the art. The outfits, not so much.

mother-of-god-gif.gif

They need to have pupils, though. Not only do white eyes lack character, but they also give off an antagonistic vibe by default. Otherwise, I love the bad place out of those designs.

I still think some physical distinction would be a good idea. Size, coloring, etc. Just look at the new cartoon, without the headband, you can't tell them apart.

Whoa, wait. Are you actually drawing these? If you, awesome art. Just a little too mean looking. Would be perfect for Slash though.

TMNT.jpg

I'm still diggin this look...just wish they would get a Donatello so it would be complete. I like this cause it's more of like after they have all been training and doing their thing for a while versus just a reboot back to the beginning. I mean they are their own individuals right, so why would they all wear the exact same thing; that's just ridiculous. Only people that wear the same thing are people in organizations and if they are ninjas then why not full on ninja gear instead of naked with a bandana? IMHO it just works better to give them each a personality and a persona. Dammit where's that Donatello?!

BTW I sized these to where I think they would look good together; i like the idea that they aren't all the same size and of the 4 Raph fits the bigger size better to me. Donatello (if there ever is one) will prob be tall as Leo but skinnier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"