BvS THE MAN OF STEEL title for sequel??

hutch007

Civilian
Reaction score
Since the Batman franchise is using the name The Dark Knight, do you think its possible that this is a potential title for the superman sequel? afterall they're both part of WB and the first two titles sound similar in a way that most comic movies dont....sort of (batman begins, superman returns). WB seems to be keeping the same rhythm between there two big superheroes, so in my oppinion this would be an interesting direction. ANYBODY HAVE ANY THOUGHTS??

No way it will happen. It would seem like they were copying the batman franchise.

Hazmat81 said:
No way it will happen. It would seem like they were copying the batman franchise.

Superman II and Spider-Man 2 to ring a bell? :confused:

MGilhuly14 said:
Has it been confirmed that there will be a sequel?
nope. nothing official.

we're actually at the crossroads. we can go by way of Chris Nolan's Batman or Ang Lee's Hulk.

I think that "The Man of Steel" would be a great title for a sequel.

Superman \S/ said:
Superman II and Spider-Man 2 to ring a bell? :confused:

Those movies were sepperated by about 15 years. The Dark Knight will still be fresh in our minds when "The Man of Steel" Comes out.

Hazmat81 said:
Those movies were sepperated by about 15 years. The Dark Knight will still be fresh in our minds when "The Man of Steel" Comes out.
I dont think that would matter. I dont think anyone thought "Superman Returns" was a ripoff of "Batman Begins" or even "Batman Returns"
If they use that, I think it'd be "Superman: The Man of Steel" with "TMOS" under Superman much like the word "Returns" was this time around. that is, it'd still be "Superman" in the title. But thats just my personal preference...
I also think "The Adventures of Superman" is in the realm of possibility given singer's love of the TV show as well as the Donner movies. Frankly i think thats a cool title too...

Nolan just said in an interview there is reason why the next Batman film is called "The Dark Knight", choosing the title wasnt a random decision or something out of whim. in the same reagrd i think the next title for the SR sequel should fit the story. i wish it was The Man of Steel, but if that doesnt fit the plot then they should go with another title.

I'm always around!

superman and Son

Wrath of Zod

The man of steel? cheesy...

ah ha ha ha ha ha

Superman: The Man of Steel is kinda redundant. Two many mans.

I'd say Superman: Legacy seems to be the one that resonates the most, since it regards that he is a legend, and his kid is carrying on the name.

Steelsheen said:
nope. nothing official.

we're actually at the crossroads. we can go by way of Chris Nolan's Batman or Ang Lee's Hulk.

Actually both Warner Bros. and Legendary have said that they are ready for the sequel. Singer is up for the sequel.

I bet that "The Man of Steel" is going to be a full on sequel to Superman Returns.

And don't you mean Louis Leterrier's Incredible Hulk which is going to be more like a "vague sequel" to Hulk. Not a complete restart like Batman Begins was, and it certainly won't have the orign of Hulk like Batman Begins did the orign of Batman.

I think it is very likely that the title will be "The Man of Steel".

hippie_hunter said:
Actually both Warner Bros. and Legendary have said that they are ready for the sequel. Singer is up for the sequel.

I bet that "The Man of Steel" is going to be a full on sequel to Superman Returns.

And don't you mean Louis Leterrier's Incredible Hulk which is going to be more like a "vague sequel" to Hulk. Not a complete restart like Batman Begins was, and it certainly won't have the orign of Hulk like Batman Begins did the orign of Batman.

Hunter dude, look at the date of my post-- Aug 23rd. that was before the Legendary news broke that nailed the deal on the sequel ;). i know Horn gave an interview before that (Aug 18) but at that point we didnt know if Legendary was gonna bail or not. if Legendary bailed out on WB, its gonna take a while for WB to find another partner or make a decission to fully finance the sequel, given the light of SR's BO reciepts. thus i used Ang Lee's Hulk as an analogy to the possibility that it will take a while for a sequel to emerge and the creative team possibly being overhauled (like whats happening now).

what sounds good to me so far:

-- The Man of Steel
-- The Son of Krypton
-- THe Man of Tomorrow

Having the title of the sequel simply be "Man of Steel" would be awesome.

These are the ones I like:

- Man of Steel
- Superman: Man of Steel
- Superman: Legacy (I really like this a lot)
- Superman
- Superman Lives

Superman: Everybody Wang Chung Tonight

or

Superman: Everybody Chug Wang Tonight

The Last Son of Krypton
The Man of Steel (best when dealing with a character like Metallo, giving the title a double meaning of sorts)
Superman: Tomorrow
Superman: Krypton's Child
Superman: Man of Tomorrow
Superman Forever
Superman: Legacy (or 'The Legacy of Superman')
Superman: Heritage
Superman: Genesis

Something cool that plays into the thematic elements of the sequel, so obviously I don't have a particular favorite since I don't exactly know what the sequel will consist of.

Man of Steel would be a great title in my opinion and seems it might be the way they go after finding out BB2 is called "The Dark Knight".

How about SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL RETURNS ?

It obviously can work. See The Man of Steel returns back to earth while, his enemy Lex Luther returned back to the Fortress of Solitude and carries an image crystal in the control panel. It combines together and it floats like a flying triangle. There it leads to the Paralled dimension from the Phantom Zone prison. It releases General Zod and his rulers and suddenly Luthor looks at Zod twice again. But Zod's crew pick up him and Kitty up as prisoners.

Zod had no waste of time for Luthor. Luthor tells Zod that the son of Jor-El has come back to earth. Zod, Non, and Ursa have to take the whole earth hostage again. This time, Zod has a new crew from the Phantom Zone and its not Non and Ursa.

They are Jak-El and Irva Jak-El was mentioned from the original Superman Script that he is a Prankster of Krypton casted to the Phantom Zone for intimidating the deaths of innocent people. The Villain laughs at the death of billions of people. Irva is Ursa's cousin she is a prisoner of argo city who was life sentenced to the Phantom Zone. By Kara's mother Allura. Irva is a foul idenity villainess trying to be somebody.

She also can be used for Supergirl's arch nemesis villainess enemy because, the origin was Lesla-Lar in Action Comics # 252

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"