BvS Man of Steel true sequel or not?

acedrake

Civilian
Reaction score
If this has been discussed, please merger, but I was talking to my nephew and he is foremost a Superman fan. He wants to see superman in all his glory and fears that Batman will steel..... :-D his thunder. I think Superman in the movie should be the one to resolve whatever perils Snider and Goyer have concocted and Batman be tech support. I dont think I could honestly be ok with Batman being batgod, it would ruin the magic of superman on his own sequel. Watcha think? :)

Of course IT IS a sequel to MOS...don´t you remember the possible titles for the movie? All of them have Man of Steel as the main title

it's a sequel just not a pure Superman sequel which I would've preferred.

Untrue sequel. :o

Everything from Man of Steel is carrying over. Superman will be the main focal point as to WHY someone like the Bat or Wonder Woman are involved. Everything wages on Superman's actions in Man of Steel and Superman himself will have to take a look in the mirror to realize what his breakout to mankind has caused. Bruce isn't appearing for the sole reason to be the Batman. He's an aged vet as Bats, maybe an urban legend that was never proven, but he will be out in full force for people to see because of Clark's actions in MOS. This is Superman's universe.

If this isn't a true sequel to Man of Steel and yet Batman Forever is a true sequel to Batman Returns, I will never understand film again.

Yes true sequel.

It's a sequel to Man of Steel. That doesn't mean it's going to be a Superman movie.

It's a Batman/Superman movie, thus the logo.

The Man of Steel sequel, to me, is analogue to the World's Finest episode of Superman The Animated series. Bats and WW are just guest stars in Supes turf.

Secretly it's a Justice League film....

maybe, maybe not

This is not a true sequel at all. Superman's character will never get to actually become Superman. It's a stupid JL/Trinity film because ever since the dumb Avengers, people think team-ups are the only way to make money. Forget characterization and story-telling...lets bring on the gimmicks!

ugh. Sorry. I'm just really disappointed and have to vent.

Overreaction city. Just because WW is in the movie doesn't mean it isn't a sequel lol. For all we know she will have 5 minutes of screen time.

I'm all for a JLA movie...as long as we still get the solo films

and-so-it-begins1.jpg

Overreaction city. Just because WW is in the movie doesn't mean it isn't a sequel lol. For all we know she will have 5 minutes of screen time.

I'm sure people who want a JL/Trinity movie are glad about this. I did not want that. At all. But I'm not gonna pretend I'm not overreacting. Because I am.

It's Man of Steel 2 featuring: BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, THE FLASH...and superman

This is not a true sequel at all. Superman's character will never get to actually become Superman. It's a stupid JL/Trinity film because ever since the dumb Avengers, people think team-ups are the only way to make money. Forget characterization and story-telling...lets bring on the gimmicks!

ugh. Sorry. I'm just really disappointed and have to vent.

He already is Superman.

Everything from Man of Steel is carrying over. Superman will be the main focal point as to WHY someone like the Bat or Wonder Woman are involved. Everything wages on Superman's actions in Man of Steel and Superman himself will have to take a look in the mirror to realize what his breakout to mankind has caused. Bruce isn't appearing for the sole reason to be the Batman. He's an aged vet as Bats, maybe an urban legend that was never proven, but he will be out in full force for people to see because of Clark's actions in MOS. This is Superman's universe.

Absolutely. David Goyer has stated that the movie is about the fallout and consequences of Superman appearing on Earth. One of these consequences will include other superheroes coming out of the woodwork ie Batman and Wonder Woman. Snyder himself said that Batman will come in on Superman's world in the Man of Steel live event. We also don't know what kind of role Wonder Woman will have. For all we know, she's just a young woman in the background named Diana who wears silver bracelets that Bruce Wayne occasionally makes out with. Oh and she's a secret agent.

it looks like a party now... too bad Flash isn't fast enough to join the party... or will he???

Honestly? You actually believe that? With Wonder Woman making her debut on the big screen?

Think of all the movie sequels you've seen involving a solo character. For that matter a CBM, Does this sound like it's panning out to be anything like those?

Right, he's fully formed by the end.

Which means that now, he's Superman.

No what Mrs K is saying is that Snyder said he wanted one more film to fully develop Superman before he meets the Justice League characters. Be further along his journey before he does all that,.

No what Mrs K is saying is that Snyder said he wanted one more film to fully develop Superman before he meets the Justice League characters. Be further along his journey before he does all that,.
obviously Mr. Synder has changed his mind... conned man!!! :D

Pretty much. I liked MOS, but I felt that Supes' journey was incomplete. I didn't mind that at first because I figured it would be cool to see him develop over multiple films. But nope...Batman, Wonder woman....possibly flash...maybe nightwing...

It depends if Superman is the main focus with all the other heroes coming out.

I just hope they don't make the same mistakes that Smallville made when they brought in other heroes and shift focus from Clark Kent to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"