BvS Man of Steel true sequel or not?

I don't think this is secretly a JL film. Now if I hear rumors of an Aquaman appearance then I might reconsider.

I don't think this is secretly a JL film. Now if I hear rumors of an Aquaman appearance then I might reconsider.

Aquaman and Cyborg both have some buzz right now. Plus Johns just wrapped up Aquaman's comics by introducing a JL plot.

Absolutely. David Goyer has stated that the movie is about the fallout and consequences of Superman appearing on Earth. One of these consequences will include other superheroes coming out of the woodwork ie Batman and Wonder Woman. Snyder himself said that Batman will come in on Superman's world in the Man of Steel live event. We also don't know what kind of role Wonder Woman will have. For all we know, she's just a young woman in the background named Diana who wears silver bracelets that Bruce Wayne occasionally makes out with. Oh and she's a secret agent.

I agree with everything you said, except Diana being Bruce´s love interest.

For WB I think MOS is gonna be the next best thing to a jla film. The reality is that WB has wanted to make some kind of team up film since 2002 and 2007. Avengers has only fueled that desire. Nolan was the only thing shopping them from just throwing everything at the wall, and now that his tdk films are over WB may be reverting back yo their pre Nolan era ways of making these type of films, I.e. lots of characters to sell toys.

It´s a Superman movie. Otherwise there would not have Man of Steel as the first title.
And just an example: Iron Man 2 had Black Widow and Nick Fury, right?
And still is an Iron Man movie...or not?
MOS 2 won´t be different. Superman is the main character,the protagonist! Even if Batman,WW are also in the movie.

well...it's impossible to have both titles come first...

"Man of Steel: Batman reference"

or "Batman reference: Man of Steel"

I don't think we can safely say that the title means it's going to be primarily a Superman movie.

For example, Batman/Superman comics are pretty evenly about Batman and Superman even though the Batman title comes first.

Same with Superman/Wonder Woman.

Aquaman and Cyborg both have some buzz right now. Plus Johns just wrapped up Aquaman's comics by introducing a JL plot.

If these two appear even as a cameo might as well call it Justice League Origins or something. But they won't appear though.

well...it's impossible to have both titles come first...

"Man of Steel: Batman reference"

or "Batman reference: Man of Steel"

I don't think we can safely say that the title means it's going to be primarily a Superman movie.

For example, Batman/Superman comics are pretty evenly about Batman and Superman even though the Batman title comes first.

Same with Superman/Wonder Woman.

I don´t understand why is impossible...it´s not!
And if the main title is Man of Steel(if MOS comes first)then it´s definitley a true sequel to MOS AND a Superman movie.

I seriously wonder if this is going to be called Man of Steel: Justice League. After all, it fits with El Mayimbe's "14 asterisks" thing.

Still, I think it can work as a Superman sequel AND a JL introduction. If Superman is the one going around assembling everyone and leading the team, then he can still feel like the central character even with multiple other heroes. But I do hope they we don't get short-changed on Daily Planet Clark and that stuff.

More like Man of Steel was a prequel to Justice League... :o

I agree with everything you said, except Diana being Bruce´s love interest.

The casting call which led to this called for a love interest to Bruce Wayne. I don't think it will be a full on romance at all, perhaps they'll show some chemistry together ala JL/JLU and flirt with each other or it'll be like Iron Man 2 with Romanoff and Stark. Also, since Diana Prince was a secret agent in the comics, I can imagine that they could play with that and make her go undercover as Bruce Wayne's love interest to get closer to finding the Batman and Superman as per orders from ARGUS/CADMUS/Whichever government agency she works for.

Why are people in here assuming she is going to be with Batman?

Wow. The party is getting crowded... how about green lantern?

This is DC/WB...I half-think that this will be a reboot that has nothing at all to do with Man of Steel, and nothing to do with the next Superman or Batman films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"