The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

Since Grogu was with Luke briefly, I think what he got from Luke was his memories unlocked. He will gradually remember more about his training, like Cal Kestis in Jedi Fallen Order. Or maybe Din will see the value in Grogu continuing his training and reach out to Ahsoka or another Jedi.
Ezra is inevitable at this point, I could see him playing that role.

We have some force users, how long until the sith show back up? Are we stuck with just clones of palpatine or can we get some cool new sith to appear?

We have some force users, how long until the sith show back up? Are we stuck with just clones of palpatine or can we get some cool new sith to appear?
Isn't Snoke implied to have had other apprentices prior to Kylo? Could be a good opportunity for some new dark side users.

not sure about Snoke apprentices.
As for Season 3 it seems like a misstep to reunite Grogu and Din so quick. That is of course if the setting of Season 3 is after The Book of Boba. Episode 5 & 6 of Boba could be from later in Season 3 of The Mandalorian.

not sure about Snoke apprentices.
As for Season 3 it seems like a misstep to reunite Grogu and Din so quick. That is of course if the setting of Season 3 is after The Book of Boba. Episode 5 & 6 of Boba could be from later in Season 3 of The Mandalorian.
After how badly BOBF handled the flashbacks and pacing, I'd rather we just stick to (mostly) linear storytelling for now tbh. The one exception I might make, based on what we saw in BOBF, is
Luke meeting Ahsoka in a very brief scene

After how badly BOBF handled the flashbacks and pacing, I'd rather we just stick to (mostly) linear storytelling for now tbh]
Now that you mention it, could this be what Jon had problems with in his writing? The Mandalorian is very simplistic in its writing. A to B, they kept it simple. Is this a case of "keep it simple stupid"?

After how badly BOBF handled the flashbacks and pacing, I'd rather we just stick to (mostly) linear storytelling for now tbh. The one exception I might make, based on what we saw in BOBF, is
Agree. The constant switching between flashback & present day in those first 3-4 episodes really killed the pacing of the show.

With how the flashbacks were handled, I think this show would've heavily benefitted from being chronological and Telling the story of his Sarlaac escape and time with the Tuskens all at once. I do think a flashback to what really happened to Boba's Tusken tribe would've been a good addition though, and I'd have changed it to make Bane who the Pykes had do it.

Last edited:
Saw a cool mod for Fallen Order with Din and the Darksaber.

That got me thinking: A Jedi in high quality Beskar armor would be very formidable.
I am just wondering if you could crush a beskar helmet with the force? Anyway you could still force choke them.

I am just wondering if you could crush a beskar helmet with the force? Anyway you could still force choke them.

My guess is "Yes", but you would need to be at the pinnacle of Force oomph to do so. Like, I'd bet Vader could, what with being able to lift and throw an AT-ST with his mind. Even for someone like him, though, there'd still be the "Its so much easier to just crush the squishy human inside" problem.

My guess is "Yes", but you would need to be at the pinnacle of Force oomph to do so. Like, I'd bet Vader could, what with being able to lift and throw an AT-ST with his mind. Even for someone like him, though, there'd still be the "Its so much easier to just crush the squishy human inside" problem.
This is something that is strange. How can Vader be considered a threat when any Jedi or force user could just pull or tear his suit with the force? Is his suit special where you can't use the force on it at all? Do force users have something that prevents other force users from lifting them or crushing their heads?

This is something that is strange. How can Vader be considered a threat when any Jedi or force user could just pull or tear his suit with the force? Is his suit special where you can't use the force on it at all? Do force users have something that prevents other force users from lifting them or crushing their heads?

That last one, I would say. Force Users can defend against efforts to use the Force against them. You can overwhelm this via enough power, but its easier to use the Force on yourself than another, so. . .

That’s… odd. I guess it’s no different than their movie adaptations, but still.

Need something to fill the gap while High Republic is on hiatus till fall....

Heir To The Empire In Development To Be Disney Plus' First Star Wars Film
it’s just a rumor so it doesn’t reveal spoilers about Mando S3 or Ashoka but that they might possibly lead to HTTE and I’ve read on here some folks basically speculating this report.

I mean Kathleen Kennedy said that these shows would lead to a climactic event during the 2020 Investor’s day but I just guessed a mini series or a theatrical release.

It makes more sense to do it as a Disney Plus movie too me at least. Anyway this news has me very excited.

Last edited:
If true, I guess it would be more of a loose adaptation like how Captain America: Civil War was basically in name only compared to the comics.

That’s… odd. I guess it’s no different than their movie adaptations, but still.

Which is funny because Marvel's Rise of Skywalker adaptation got postponed and then cancelled before the first issue even came out.

Badly?

I like most of the scenes, but the pacing itself is still horrid. We spend almost more time in the past than the present over the course of four episodes. The first three alternate between two storylines, but they are only barely connected, and don't have have a lot of forward momentum.

Then the fourth is a flashback to Mandalorian season 1. We spend time recruiting Fennec, which is fun in and of itself, but also feels like it's two years late. There's even two different 'we are going to war' cliffhanger type endings, with both episode 3 and 4, after which we go back to Mando. It's all over the place.

Now whenever I rewatch BOBF/Mando I watch:
  1. All the Tusken stuff back-to-back before Mando S1
  2. The meeting of Fennec & Boba after the Mando episode that introduces Fennec
  3. The modern day BOBF stuff back-to-back after Mando S2
  4. The final three episodes of BOBF
That way it feels like the first four episode of BOBF are instead two longer and one shorter episode following distinct storylines. Plus, this way I get the flashbacks when they are actually relevant in the story, and they don't slow down the modern day stuff.

It's actually quite enjoyable and integrates pretty well into the existing Mandoverse this way.

Last edited:

Love it!

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"