Marvel Films The Marvel Studios News and Discussion Thread

Yeah well
"I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone" might as well be a line from a Lifetime movie
It's a pretty textbook abused-victim-who-can't-leave-her-a**hole-boyfriend thing to say

like, no girl, no amount of phone grabbing warrants a chokehold

Man, who would've guessed that the former drug-addict ex-con who started the MCU out would be the least problematic actor they've had

That seems to be the police claim, not hers. If the video shows him just holding her at bay/away while she tries to grab his phone...:facepalm:

That seems to be the police claim, not hers. If the video shows him just holding her at bay/away while she tries to grab his phone...:facepalm:

She literally says she just got out of the hospital. She says the cops “knew” they had a fight. Knew; not “thought”, knew.

They knew that they got into a fight, she "collapsed and passed out" and was taken to the hospital with injuries to her face and neck, including a laceration behind her ear and marks on her face and is now blaming herself for her injuries because she tried to grab his phone. Somehow I doubt there's some video out there that shows he did nothing wrong.

I hope video shows that and he's fully exonerated, he's such a talented dude and we were all looking forward to following him for the next many years
but at this point I'm not terribly optimistic

I'm still SMH. When he came out of that damn courthouse wearing that 'Freedom' cap, I knew it would be downhill from there.

Yeah well
"I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone" might as well be a line from a Lifetime movie
It's a pretty textbook abused-victim-who-can't-leave-her-a**hole-boyfriend thing to say

Man, who would've guessed that the former drug-addict ex-con who started the MCU out would be the least problematic actor they've had

He cleaned his image up sure, but let's not forget he's still the same d****e that broke Halle Berry's arm on the set of Gothika and didn't apologize to her about it.

Marvel definitely knows how to pick their abusers talent.

I hope video shows that and he's fully exonerated, he's such a talented dude and we were all looking forward to following him for the next many years

Yeah, until the video is released or at least seen by the authorities, there's still a possibility this can go either way.

I would’ve thought the lawyer would’ve *led* with the video since that seems to be the biggest key here. Unless there’s some legal issues in releasing it publicly?

And TMZ of all places?

Yeah well

I think they’ve all been squeaky clean other than RDJ, obviously. If you’re referring to the original 6.

Honestly, those text messages are making it worse for him. Before I wasn’t sure what to think and wanted to wait and see, but now…unless there’s a video of her punching and choking herself, I’m going under the assumption he did it.

So I am guessing she thought he was cheating on her and texting the other girl and wanted to look at his phone and his contention is that she struck first and he was "defending himself" or somehow accidentally hurt herself while striking him because if he's innocent then how did she get those injuries?

She sounds TERRIFIED in those texts. Sounds like a classic abusive relationship. He snapped, the injuries tell the tale, but she 'loves him' and thinks she can make it work. I don't think this is doing what they want it to do.

Here's the thing, strangulation wounds are the kind of wound that is kind of hard to get unless you are being choked. And in no world, is choking someone an accidental thing.

Yeah, a few things.

1) There's no tape folks... none that really matters. She stated they started having an argument in the cab, but then they won't home. They're staying together. This happened at home, and there's no video of it. Any video which shows them just arguing in the cab is irrelevant.

2) There is no world in which one defends themselves by choking someone smaller and weaker than them. That's a ridiculous claim.

3) If she still feels the way that she does in those texts, then the charges won't go anywhere. No witness, legal consequences. But it seems pretty clear to me that he did it, even if legally it'll lead nowhere.

4) We do need to take this seriously. Studies show that when you try to strangle someone, you're much more likely to try and kill someone later on in life. Strangulation is a felony in some places, because it's very indicative of habitual, repeated abuse.

I don't care if they had a fight or she tried to grab his phone or he burnt her toast or she wouldn't let him watch football or whatever...

NOBODY has the right to injure someone to the extent that this young lady was injured. This could easily have ended up much worse. The neck is a fragile apparatus with several delicate components. Many people have died even from mild cases of choking. The accused could very well have been staring down a murder charge, or might be in the future if past behaviour is any indication...

I sincerely hope this isn't brushed under the rug. The message that ANY type of abuse is unacceptable needs to be sent as many times as necessary until people 'get' it.

I wish there were a standard lower scale new Avengers film to get all the new characters together without too much of the focus needing to go on the villain (like the first Avengers). It’s part of why the MCU has felt a little directionless. Feels like after too long of an interim period they are the jumping to the IW and EG equivalents without all the buildup, connective tissue and depth that the like of A1, AoU and CW added.

WSJ News Exclusive | Ike Perlmutter: Disney Fired Me From Marvel, I Wasn’t Laid Off

Apparently Ike gave his side of the story in an interview with the WSJ. The website has a pay wall so I copied and pasted the whole article in the spoiler tags below. My only take away from the article is that I surprisingly do agree with him in that the budgets for these movies should be smaller than they are but...that's it. Ike doesn't have any sympathy from me lol.
Isaac “Ike” Perlmutter says Walt Disney Co. fired him as chairman of Marvel Entertainment because he pushed Disney too aggressively to cut costs and ran afoul of the creative executives whom newly returned Chief Executive Robert Iger wants to empower.

In a rare interview, the 80-year-old Mr. Perlmutter spoke to The Wall Street Journal about his dismissal from Disney last week, his relationship with Mr. Iger, and missteps he feels Disney has made in recent years.

Disney is legendary for the loyalty it engenders in most typical employees. But Mr. Perlmutter was no typical corporate employee, nor did he act like one. If he didn’t like what he saw from leadership, he picked up the phone and aired his concerns to powerful allies like former CEO Bob Chapek and activist investor Nelson Peltz.

‘All they talk about is box office, box office,’ Ike Perlmutter, the former Marvel Entertainment chairman, said of Disney executives and Marvel Studios leadership.

When Disney was battling with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Mr. Perlmutter said he called him, too. “Ron, you’re right. Disney doesn’t have the right to get involved with politics.”

Mr. Perlmutter, who is also one of Disney’s largest individual shareholders—he owns approximately 30 million shares of Disney, according to people close to him, worth about $3 billion—said he has tried for years to convince Disney to spend less on its Marvel Studios superhero movies, which he believes are too long and too expensive to produce.

“I have no doubt that my termination was based on fundamental differences in business between my thinking and Disney leadership, because I care about return on investment,” Mr. Perlmutter said.

Disney executives and Marvel Studios leadership, he said, have a singular focus on ticket sales. Marvel superhero movies distributed by Disney have grossed more than $23 billion globally, making it one of the most successful franchises in Hollywood history.

“All they talk about is box office, box office,” Mr. Perlmutter said. “I care about the bottom line. I don’t care how big the box office is. Only people in Hollywood talk about box office.”

As chairman of Disney’s separate Marvel Entertainment, Mr. Perlmutter ran the much smaller comic-book publishing and merchandise-licensing businesses.

A Disney representative said Tuesday that Horacio Gutierrez, Disney’s general counsel, called Mr. Perlmutter and told him that his job was being terminated as part of the company’s broader effort to cut $5.5 billion from its content and administrative budgets and eliminate 7,000 jobs.

Mr. Perlmutter said he doesn’t remember Mr. Gutierrez giving that rationale for his dismissal.

“It was merely a convenient excuse to get rid of a longtime executive who dared to challenge the company’s way of doing business,” he said.

Last summer, Mr. Perlmutter said, he found an ally in his crusade to cut Disney’s spending in Mr. Peltz, a well-known corporate raider turned activist investor who in December launched a proxy battle against Disney. The two men, who own mansions near one another in Palm Beach, Fla., had been friends for years and regularly dined together with their wives.

Although not formally involved with Mr. Peltz’s campaign, Mr. Perlmutter called Disney directors and lobbied them to add Mr. Peltz to the board. Mr. Perlmutter said he took the step of joining an activist campaign against his own company because Disney executives had proven unreceptive to his suggestions.

“My experience with any major corporation, when they’re having problems and they don’t have the free cash or whatever it is, usually people like Nelson Peltz know how to put it back on track,” Mr. Perlmutter said. “I learned one thing about creative people my whole life: You cannot give them an open credit card.…They’re doing this for 30 years, why would they change?”

Morton Handel, who served as chairman of Marvel Entertainment before the Disney acquisition and has known Mr. Perlmutter for 45 years, said Messrs. Perlmutter and Peltz share a passion for efficiency.

“Ike’s a penny-pincher,” Mr. Handel said. “It’s irritating to some people, and there are some people who don’t believe in that manner of running a business. But in my own experience, I have never come across a more effective manager than Ike Perlmutter.”

Mr. Peltz ended his proxy campaign against Disney in February after Mr. Iger announced Disney’s cost-cutting plans.

Mr. Perlmutter was also frustrated by the clashes over the past year between Disney and Mr. DeSantis. The governor attacked Disney after the company publicly opposed Florida’s Parental Rights in Education law, a measure that prohibits classroom instruction on gender identity and sexuality for elementary school students through the third grade.

The governor has sought to strip Disney of the power to influence land-use approvals at Reedy Creek, a special tax district that manages the infrastructure of the land that includes Walt Disney World, in a move that was seen as retaliation for Disney’s stance on the education bill.

Mr. Perlmutter said he advised Disney executives, “Don’t get involved in politics. You’re going to get hurt. It’s a no-win situation.”

This week, Mr. Iger called Florida’s actions against Disney over the past year “antibusiness” and “anti-Florida,” and said a company has the right to freedom of speech.

Mr. Perlmutter, a former Israeli commando, came to the U.S. in the 1960s penniless and built a fortune investing in troubled assets, including buying Marvel out of bankruptcy in the late 1990s. He sold Marvel to Disney in 2009 for $4 billion in cash and stock.

As part of the deal, Mr. Perlmutter stayed on to run Marvel Studios, the newly formed production company that was the brainchild of David Maisel, a former talent agent and Disney executive whom Mr. Perlmutter hired in 2003 to lead Marvel’s efforts to make movies out of its own intellectual property, rather than licensing comic book characters and stories to other studios.

At the time of Disney’s acquisition in 2009, Marvel had made one movie of its own, 2008’s “Iron Man.”

At the time of the acquisition, Marvel had made one movie of its own, 2008’s “Iron Man,” starring Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow and distributed by Paramount Pictures, which went on to become a sleeper hit, eventually earning more than $585 million at the box office on a budget of $109 million. Mr. Maisel said Mr. Perlmutter was an exacting boss who gave priority to return on investment, but that he was willing to take big risks if he believed an idea had potential.

“At that point, no IP-holding company had ever launched their own studio before,” Mr. Maisel said in an interview Tuesday. “My vision for Marvel Studios was of a grandiose and expensive business. It really was a crazy idea at the time. And Ike took a big, risky step by supporting that vision that ended up changing the entire entertainment business and resulted in huge positives for Disney.”

In 2015, Mr. Iger removed Mr. Perlmutter as head of Marvel Studios after a dispute over movie budgets between him and Kevin Feige, Marvel’s top film producer, who now serves as chief of the studio. At the time, Mr. Perlmutter and his adviser Alan Fine served on a creative committee at Marvel that made recommendations on the screenplays and budgets of Marvel movies.

In a February CNBC interview, Mr. Iger said Mr. Perlmutter “was intent on firing Kevin Feige…and I thought that was a mistake and stepped in to prevent that from happening.” Mr. Iger said the decision led to Mr. Perlmutter’s unhappiness that lingers to today.

Mr. Perlmutter described the clash as a disagreement over movie budgets and said he wasn’t trying to get Mr. Feige fired. After leaving the studio, he continued as chairman of Marvel Entertainment.

Mr. Perlmutter said he still received a profit-and-loss statement on every Marvel movie until 2021, when the studio cut off access. He continued to weigh in on strategic decisions and criticized budgets that he felt were too high.

As recently as October, Mr. Perlmutter had asked Marvel Studios leadership for financial information on “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” a 2022 movie that grossed $956 million globally, according to people familiar with the matter.

At various points, Mr. Perlmutter said, he raised concerns with then-CEO Mr. Chapek about what he viewed as out-of-control spending on Marvel movies. According to Mr. Perlmutter, Mr. Chapek agreed but said he didn’t have the ability to change the spending plans because they had already been approved by senior management. Mr. Chapek, who was removed by the board in November, declined to comment through a representative.

“There was no way to force the issue because the creative people at the Walt Disney Company are very powerful,” Mr. Perlmutter said.

Despite his objections to Disney’s political stances and being connected to top Republican politicians including former President Donald Trump, Mr. Perlmutter has made large charitable donations to causes more typically identified with liberals, such as overhauling the justice system and providing transgender medical care.

In 2017, Mr. Perlmutter and his wife donated $5 million to NYU Langone Health, a gift that allowed the New York City medical center to recruit one of the nation’s top cosmetic plastic surgeons specializing in gender-transition procedures. He said he later called Disney’s human resources department and offered to pay any costs of gender-transition surgery that aren’t covered by insurance for any Disney employee.

“I called and said, if anyone would like to change their sex, my professor is the number one in the country,” Mr. Perlmutter said. “They should call me, and I’ll help them to make an appointment.”

Although their relationship frayed after the 2015 power struggle, Mr. Perlmutter said he and Mr. Iger shared a bond of mutual respect in the years following Disney’s acquisition of Marvel.

Mr. Perlmutter said that in 2014 he advocated for the board to give a generous compensation package to Mr. Iger, after the CEO told him that he felt he was underpaid relative to his media peers based on Disney’s strong performance.

Later that year, the board extended Mr. Iger for two more years. Including performance-based bonuses and equity awards, Mr. Iger earned nearly $90 million over the remainder of that contract.

I wish there were a standard lower scale new Avengers film to get all the new characters together without too much of the focus needing to go on the villain (like the first Avengers). It’s part of why the MCU has felt a little directionless. Feels like after too long of an interim period they are the jumping to the IW and EG equivalents without all the buildup, connective tissue and depth that the like of A1, AoU and CW added.
An Avengers 5 before Avengers: The Kang Dynasty with a smaller roster (compare to Avengers Endgame) would be great. But I guess too many ips (at least 12) getting their own movies is a factor.

Like I've said many times before, I wish they aren't doing a Captain America 4 / Thunderbolts but instead doing sequels sooner to the others which include the Avengers.

It could feel a bit confusing or intimidating seeing so many faces in Avengers Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars, with all these new characters introduced in phase 4 and 6, especially in those TV shows. We still don't know where would Moon Knight, She Hulk, Kate, Man-Thing, Wonder Man, Agatha, Echo and Daredevil would show up neXt after their respective series.

WSJ News Exclusive | Ike Perlmutter: Disney Fired Me From Marvel, I Wasn’t Laid Off

Apparently Ike gave his side of the story in an interview with the WSJ. The website has a pay wall so I copied and pasted the whole article in the spoiler tags below. My only take away from the article is that I surprisingly do agree with him in that the budgets for these movies should be smaller than they are but...that's it. Ike doesn't have any sympathy from me lol.
Isaac “Ike” Perlmutter says Walt Disney Co. fired him as chairman of Marvel Entertainment because he pushed Disney too aggressively to cut costs and ran afoul of the creative executives whom newly returned Chief Executive Robert Iger wants to empower.

In a rare interview, the 80-year-old Mr. Perlmutter spoke to The Wall Street Journal about his dismissal from Disney last week, his relationship with Mr. Iger, and missteps he feels Disney has made in recent years.

Disney is legendary for the loyalty it engenders in most typical employees. But Mr. Perlmutter was no typical corporate employee, nor did he act like one. If he didn’t like what he saw from leadership, he picked up the phone and aired his concerns to powerful allies like former CEO Bob Chapek and activist investor Nelson Peltz.

‘All they talk about is box office, box office,’ Ike Perlmutter, the former Marvel Entertainment chairman, said of Disney executives and Marvel Studios leadership.

When Disney was battling with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Mr. Perlmutter said he called him, too. “Ron, you’re right. Disney doesn’t have the right to get involved with politics.”

Mr. Perlmutter, who is also one of Disney’s largest individual shareholders—he owns approximately 30 million shares of Disney, according to people close to him, worth about $3 billion—said he has tried for years to convince Disney to spend less on its Marvel Studios superhero movies, which he believes are too long and too expensive to produce.

“I have no doubt that my termination was based on fundamental differences in business between my thinking and Disney leadership, because I care about return on investment,” Mr. Perlmutter said.

Disney executives and Marvel Studios leadership, he said, have a singular focus on ticket sales. Marvel superhero movies distributed by Disney have grossed more than $23 billion globally, making it one of the most successful franchises in Hollywood history.

“All they talk about is box office, box office,” Mr. Perlmutter said. “I care about the bottom line. I don’t care how big the box office is. Only people in Hollywood talk about box office.”

As chairman of Disney’s separate Marvel Entertainment, Mr. Perlmutter ran the much smaller comic-book publishing and merchandise-licensing businesses.

A Disney representative said Tuesday that Horacio Gutierrez, Disney’s general counsel, called Mr. Perlmutter and told him that his job was being terminated as part of the company’s broader effort to cut $5.5 billion from its content and administrative budgets and eliminate 7,000 jobs.

Mr. Perlmutter said he doesn’t remember Mr. Gutierrez giving that rationale for his dismissal.

“It was merely a convenient excuse to get rid of a longtime executive who dared to challenge the company’s way of doing business,” he said.

Last summer, Mr. Perlmutter said, he found an ally in his crusade to cut Disney’s spending in Mr. Peltz, a well-known corporate raider turned activist investor who in December launched a proxy battle against Disney. The two men, who own mansions near one another in Palm Beach, Fla., had been friends for years and regularly dined together with their wives.

Although not formally involved with Mr. Peltz’s campaign, Mr. Perlmutter called Disney directors and lobbied them to add Mr. Peltz to the board. Mr. Perlmutter said he took the step of joining an activist campaign against his own company because Disney executives had proven unreceptive to his suggestions.

“My experience with any major corporation, when they’re having problems and they don’t have the free cash or whatever it is, usually people like Nelson Peltz know how to put it back on track,” Mr. Perlmutter said. “I learned one thing about creative people my whole life: You cannot give them an open credit card.…They’re doing this for 30 years, why would they change?”

Morton Handel, who served as chairman of Marvel Entertainment before the Disney acquisition and has known Mr. Perlmutter for 45 years, said Messrs. Perlmutter and Peltz share a passion for efficiency.

“Ike’s a penny-pincher,” Mr. Handel said. “It’s irritating to some people, and there are some people who don’t believe in that manner of running a business. But in my own experience, I have never come across a more effective manager than Ike Perlmutter.”

Mr. Peltz ended his proxy campaign against Disney in February after Mr. Iger announced Disney’s cost-cutting plans.

Mr. Perlmutter was also frustrated by the clashes over the past year between Disney and Mr. DeSantis. The governor attacked Disney after the company publicly opposed Florida’s Parental Rights in Education law, a measure that prohibits classroom instruction on gender identity and sexuality for elementary school students through the third grade.

The governor has sought to strip Disney of the power to influence land-use approvals at Reedy Creek, a special tax district that manages the infrastructure of the land that includes Walt Disney World, in a move that was seen as retaliation for Disney’s stance on the education bill.

Mr. Perlmutter said he advised Disney executives, “Don’t get involved in politics. You’re going to get hurt. It’s a no-win situation.”

This week, Mr. Iger called Florida’s actions against Disney over the past year “antibusiness” and “anti-Florida,” and said a company has the right to freedom of speech.

Mr. Perlmutter, a former Israeli commando, came to the U.S. in the 1960s penniless and built a fortune investing in troubled assets, including buying Marvel out of bankruptcy in the late 1990s. He sold Marvel to Disney in 2009 for $4 billion in cash and stock.

As part of the deal, Mr. Perlmutter stayed on to run Marvel Studios, the newly formed production company that was the brainchild of David Maisel, a former talent agent and Disney executive whom Mr. Perlmutter hired in 2003 to lead Marvel’s efforts to make movies out of its own intellectual property, rather than licensing comic book characters and stories to other studios.

At the time of Disney’s acquisition in 2009, Marvel had made one movie of its own, 2008’s “Iron Man.”

At the time of the acquisition, Marvel had made one movie of its own, 2008’s “Iron Man,” starring Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow and distributed by Paramount Pictures, which went on to become a sleeper hit, eventually earning more than $585 million at the box office on a budget of $109 million. Mr. Maisel said Mr. Perlmutter was an exacting boss who gave priority to return on investment, but that he was willing to take big risks if he believed an idea had potential.

“At that point, no IP-holding company had ever launched their own studio before,” Mr. Maisel said in an interview Tuesday. “My vision for Marvel Studios was of a grandiose and expensive business. It really was a crazy idea at the time. And Ike took a big, risky step by supporting that vision that ended up changing the entire entertainment business and resulted in huge positives for Disney.”

In 2015, Mr. Iger removed Mr. Perlmutter as head of Marvel Studios after a dispute over movie budgets between him and Kevin Feige, Marvel’s top film producer, who now serves as chief of the studio. At the time, Mr. Perlmutter and his adviser Alan Fine served on a creative committee at Marvel that made recommendations on the screenplays and budgets of Marvel movies.

In a February CNBC interview, Mr. Iger said Mr. Perlmutter “was intent on firing Kevin Feige…and I thought that was a mistake and stepped in to prevent that from happening.” Mr. Iger said the decision led to Mr. Perlmutter’s unhappiness that lingers to today.

Mr. Perlmutter described the clash as a disagreement over movie budgets and said he wasn’t trying to get Mr. Feige fired. After leaving the studio, he continued as chairman of Marvel Entertainment.

Mr. Perlmutter said he still received a profit-and-loss statement on every Marvel movie until 2021, when the studio cut off access. He continued to weigh in on strategic decisions and criticized budgets that he felt were too high.

As recently as October, Mr. Perlmutter had asked Marvel Studios leadership for financial information on “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” a 2022 movie that grossed $956 million globally, according to people familiar with the matter.

At various points, Mr. Perlmutter said, he raised concerns with then-CEO Mr. Chapek about what he viewed as out-of-control spending on Marvel movies. According to Mr. Perlmutter, Mr. Chapek agreed but said he didn’t have the ability to change the spending plans because they had already been approved by senior management. Mr. Chapek, who was removed by the board in November, declined to comment through a representative.

“There was no way to force the issue because the creative people at the Walt Disney Company are very powerful,” Mr. Perlmutter said.

Despite his objections to Disney’s political stances and being connected to top Republican politicians including former President Donald Trump, Mr. Perlmutter has made large charitable donations to causes more typically identified with liberals, such as overhauling the justice system and providing transgender medical care.

In 2017, Mr. Perlmutter and his wife donated $5 million to NYU Langone Health, a gift that allowed the New York City medical center to recruit one of the nation’s top cosmetic plastic surgeons specializing in gender-transition procedures. He said he later called Disney’s human resources department and offered to pay any costs of gender-transition surgery that aren’t covered by insurance for any Disney employee.

“I called and said, if anyone would like to change their sex, my professor is the number one in the country,” Mr. Perlmutter said. “They should call me, and I’ll help them to make an appointment.”

Although their relationship frayed after the 2015 power struggle, Mr. Perlmutter said he and Mr. Iger shared a bond of mutual respect in the years following Disney’s acquisition of Marvel.

Mr. Perlmutter said that in 2014 he advocated for the board to give a generous compensation package to Mr. Iger, after the CEO told him that he felt he was underpaid relative to his media peers based on Disney’s strong performance.

Later that year, the board extended Mr. Iger for two more years. Including performance-based bonuses and equity awards, Mr. Iger earned nearly $90 million over the remainder of that contract.
Zero sympathy for that guy. And I think one of the problems is not utilising the budgets properly. No point getting a $200m budget if your film looks like it has a $80m budget.

An Avengers 5 before Avengers: The Kang Dynasty with a smaller roster (compare to Avengers Endgame) would be great. But I guess too many ips (at least 12) getting their own movies is a factor.

Like I've said many times before, I wish they aren't doing a Captain America 4 / Thunderbolts but instead doing sequels sooner to the others which include the Avengers.

It could feel a bit confusing or intimidating seeing so many faces in Avengers Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars, with all these new characters introduced in phase 4 and 6, especially in those TV shows. We still don't know where would Moon Knight, She Hulk, Kate, Man-Thing, Wonder Man, Agatha, Echo and Daredevil would show up neXt after their respective series.
Too many consecutive solos, many of which new, without any film to start the connective tissue process. Also those event films, even the smaller ones, contribute a lot to getting the audience excited for all the underlying films. Without that it's just a bunch of films with no reason to watch them all.

Too many consecutive solos, many of which new, without any film to start the connective tissue process. Also those event films, even the smaller ones, contribute a lot to getting the audience excited for all the underlying films. Without that it's just a bunch of films with no reason to watch them all.
I hope something about this would be improved after The Multiverse Saga.

I'd like to see them focus on handling 5 to 7 ips for a while (F4, Avengers, X-Men and solos eXcluding Spider-Man since that's with Sony). I feel it would also be easier for the gp to catch up to the latest films. I think we could cross off both Ant-Man and Guardians this year. I'd like to see Thor get retired as well.

I hope the new Captain America / Thunderbolts are 1 time thing. Like I'd rather see Blade 2/3, F4 movies and X-Men than have Thunderbolts 2/3 and CA5/6 occupy their film slate.

Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange should be able to complete their trilogy but beyond that I prefer if they focus on the others (Shang-Chi) when it comes to solo fliX.

I hope something about this would be improved after The Multiverse Saga.

I'd like to see them focus on handling 5 to 7 ips for a while (F4, Avengers, X-Men and solos eXcluding Spider-Man since that's with Sony). I feel it would also be easier for the gp to catch up to the latest films. I think we could cross off both Ant-Man and Guardians this year. I'd like to see Thor get retired as well.

I hope the new Captain America / Thunderbolts are 1 time thing. Like I'd rather see Blade 2/3, F4 movies and X-Men than have Thunderbolts 2/3 and CA5/6 occupy their film slate.

Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange should be able to complete their trilogy but beyond that I prefer if they focus on the others (Shang-Chi) when it comes to solo fliX.
They've talked about scaling back a bit, so it might be possible (outside of shows). I also would expect Thunderbolts to be a one off.

They've talked about scaling back a bit, so it might be possible (outside of shows). I also would expect Thunderbolts to be a one off.
Yeah however the rumour of 3 films per year is only going to make the wait for Marvel Studios' X-Men a lot longer.

I hope "canceling projects" are also happening because if they have more projects lined up that we don't know of before the X-Men, and they are still happening, then we are really going to wait a long time for Marvel Studios' X-Men.

Yeah, a few things.

1) There's no tape folks... none that really matters. She stated they started having an argument in the cab, but then they won't home. They're staying together. This happened at home, and there's no video of it. Any video which shows them just arguing in the cab is irrelevant.

2) There is no world in which one defends themselves by choking someone smaller and weaker than them. That's a ridiculous claim.

3) If she still feels the way that she does in those texts, then the charges won't go anywhere. No witness, legal consequences. But it seems pretty clear to me that he did it, even if legally it'll lead nowhere.

4) We do need to take this seriously. Studies show that when you try to strangle someone, you're much more likely to try and kill someone later on in life. Strangulation is a felony in some places, because it's very indicative of habitual, repeated abuse.
I'm not staying with anyone who puts their hands on my throat. I got slammed into a wall once and I was DONE. These are cues to get out and quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"