The McCain Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's better than Obama and Clinton. I'm voting for him in the election. I support his stance on immigration. I support what he says about fiscal responsibility. He works with the Democrats. His plan for Iraq is better than Obama's or Clinton's since they can't even withdraw correctly.

The latest McCain scandal courtesy of The New York Times...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23263742/

Statement issued Wednesday by Sen. John McCain's campaign:
It is a shame that The New York Times has lowered its standards to engage in a hit and run smear campaign. John McCain has a 24-year record of serving our country with honor and integrity. He has never violated the public trust, never done favors for special interests or lobbyists, and he will not allow a smear campaign to distract from the issues at stake in this election.
Americans are sick and tired of this kind of gutter politics, and there is nothing in this story to suggest that John McCain has ever violated the principles that have guided his career.

What I think is really bad is they wait until Hillary is seemingly done to release this, since she and her hubby Bill have done much worse things.

It is a shame that The New York Times has lowered its standards to engage in a hit and run smear campaign. John McCain has a 24-year record of serving our country with honor and integrity. He has never violated the public trust, never done favors for special interests or lobbyists, and he will not allow a smear campaign to distract from the issues at stake in this election.
Americans are sick and tired of this kind of gutter politics, and there is nothing in this story to suggest that John McCain has ever violated the principles that have guided his career.

What I think is really bad is they wait until Hillary is seemingly done to release this, since she and her hubby Bill have done much worse things.
Agreed. The Story doesn't even have a source. It is all crap. Google Huma Abendin. See what you all can learn about her and her supposed relationships.

Americans are sick and tired of this kind of gutter politics,

and there is nothing in this story to suggest that John McCain has ever violated the principles that have guided his career.

Exactly.

Agreed. The Story doesn't even have a source. It is all crap. Google Huma Abendin. See what you all can learn about her and her supposed relationships.

Yeah, I have a feeling this will blow up in the NY Times' faces, and may just energize conservatives around McCain. The only way this makes sense is if there is more to this story than the NY Times is letting on, and they are just sitting on it until McCain denies it. If that happens, well played on the part of the NY Times. On the other hand, if they have been sitting on this since December, and didn't release it back when it could have made a difference makes it just look like the NY Times were deliberately trying to sabotage the general election for the republicans. Especially considering they endorsed McCain for President. This whole thing is pretty shady on both sides.

Well he urged Bush today to veto a bill that forbids harsh interrogation methods and I'm sure that'll be fodder for the pundits.

Well he urged Bush today to veto a bill that forbids harsh interrogation methods and I'm sure that'll be fodder for the pundits.
Nope, They can't get past this BS about that woman in 2000 to talk about something that's important like that.:whatever:

SO basically he applied for the money but never actually had to use it but since his withdrawl seems to be in doubt, he may still have those anaconda like restrictions on his spending? There's no way he can adhere to that glass ceiling until September's convention.

Damn John, it just seems to get worse and worse.

McCain scares me for some reason. He reminds me of Cheney, and I disagree with him on illegal immigration and the fact that he wants to continue the war.

SO basically he applied for the money but never actually had to use it but since his withdrawl seems to be in doubt, he may still have those anaconda like restrictions on his spending? There's no way he can adhere to that glass ceiling until September's convention.

Damn John, it just seems to get worse and worse.

Between this and the lobbyist scandal, things aren't going well for him this week, that's for sure.

jag

Between this and the lobbyist scandal, things aren't going well for him this week, that's for sure.

jag

To Hell with the week, things haven't been going well for some time now.

I personally think this is a smear campain against McCain. I do not support Republicans..but i know a set up is there. Why now? When he is about to win the nomination?

To quote J. Manspice's custom user title...."There will be blood!".

jag

I can't stand McCain. If he becomes president, i'll be the first one to leave the country. :up:

Is it just me or do I find it to be immature when someone says that "if [insert politician here] is elected, I'm leaving the country."

Say what you think about it, it's how I feel about the situation.

If McCain becomes president of the United States, I'm staying put. :hehe:

Is it just me or do I find it to be immature when someone says that "if [insert politician here] is elected, I'm leaving the country."

If McCain becomes President I'm having you deported. :up:

jag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija