Inhumans The Mike Moh is Triton Thread

cherokeesam

SHIELD Director Coulson
Reaction score
triton_zpsb15cdb76.jpg

Discuss news, rumors, speculation and casting for Triton, the amphibious water-dwelling cousin to the royal family of the Inhumans. Triton is a nearly invincible warrior when he's underwater, but he is unable to breathe surface air without a special apparatus, and he has to always stay close to water to survive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triton_(comics)

My favorite Inhuman... could be a slight replacement for Prince Namor

Triton needs a MASSIVE overhaul for the movie. Not in terms of appearance (which is fine). But two major things:

Personality:
He is the only one of the Inhuman royal family without an actual personality. Nothing about him stands out and nothing he has said/done has been memorable. I think they should revamp him to be a more fun character. Maybe like a Johnny Storm kind of vibe, and be like an older brother figure to Crystal, or maybe even a surfer, laidback kinda guy.

Powers:
His powers are very generic (standard superstrength and ability to breathe underwater). That's pretty much covered by Black Bolt, Karnak and Gorgon already. Maybe give him ability to generate water into weaponry like blasts and swords (like Aqualad on Young Justice). That might be a run on with Crystal's powerset as well. His stupid water weakness should also go. It'd be beneficiary if he didn't have that.

Triton needs a MASSIVE overhaul for the movie. Not in terms of appearance (which is fine). But two major things:

Personality:
He is the only one of the Inhuman royal family without an actual personality. Nothing about him stands out and nothing he has said/done has been memorable. I think they should revamp him to be a more fun character. Maybe like a Johnny Storm kind of vibe, and be like an older brother figure to Crystal, or maybe even a surfer, laidback kinda guy.

Powers:
His powers are very generic (standard superstrength and ability to breathe underwater). That's pretty much covered by Black Bolt, Karnak and Gorgon already. Maybe give him ability to generate water into weaponry like blasts and swords (like Aqualad on Young Justice). That might be a run on with Crystal's powerset as well. His stupid water weakness should also go. It'd be beneficiary if he didn't have that.

I get where you're coming from, but I think his water weakness makes him sad. Well that and being turned into one of the swimmers from "Go Fish" (that was an obscure Buffy reference... I need to update my reference collection). Like Black Bolt, his powers tore him away from his family, I would milk that if I were on the writing team.

Personality:

Powers:

Yep I was trying to think of actors that could play him, then I realized he has no real character to use as reference. Which could turn into a good thing because the actor that plays him now has a blank canvas to work on.

Agreed they need to beef up his powers too. Its going to be hard to not make him come off like a Namor/Aquaman rip off.
I always liked Lagoon boys puffer mode shape shifting ability. Maybe give him some kind of Amphibian mode to bypass the Water weakness. Although I wouldn't completely take away the water dependence. All good heroes need a weakness to overcome.

Yep I was trying to think of actors that could play him, then I realized he has no real character to use as reference. Which could turn into a good thing because the actor that plays him now has a blank canvas to work on.

Agreed they need to beef up his powers too. Its going to be hard to not make him come off like a Namor/Aquaman rip off.
I always liked Lagoon boys puffer mode shape shifting ability. Maybe give him some kind of Amphibian mode to bypass the Water weakness. Although I wouldn't completely take away the water dependence. All good heroes need a weakness to overcome.

It shouldn't be hard to differentiate Triton from Aquaman, since they already have drastically different appearances. Triton should have a different powerset than Aquaman's though, especially since we'll be seeing Aquaman in BvS, 2 years prior to Triton's debut in Inhumans.

Abe Sapien works great as a make-up as did the Creature from the Black Lagoon and they are both more complex designs than Triton - so why not use make-up?

Great and very true post, man.

I think Triton should be a youngster along with Crystal.

I think Triton should be a youngster along with Crystal.

I like this. It would be nice to have some age difference in the Royal Family and would give Triton a fresh angle for the writers to work with (which he sorely lacks).

Yeah, Triton as a younger character would work nicely. I saw that USM: WW's has done that and it worked well.

Doug Jones yes whoever suggested him he would be perfect for Triton

Personality:
He is the only one of the Inhuman royal family without an actual personality. Nothing about him stands out and nothing he has said/done has been memorable.

Not much has been made of his relationship to his brother, Karnak.

Portraying the two as more close, perhaps even as twins (who, thanks to Terrigenesis, no longer look anything alike), could be one way to humanize and flesh out *both* of the characters. If going with a closer brotherly bond, they don't even need to speak, just remain close to each other in group shots, and automatically support / back up each other in any sort of tense or combat scenario, being an effective two-man team, in addition to Karnak's more overt friendship and synergy with Gorgon.

As for his powers, enhanced strength and toughness can be visually impressive, as Captain America and Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have amply demonstrated, so I'm not sure he needs to have some sort of water manipulation abilities (which, as you point out, is Crystal's bag, anyway).

Doug Jones could do CGI/make-up and voice over work for Triton he would be perfect doing both if you ask me

Byung Hun Lee

Lee-Byung-hun-2.jpg

Last edited:
Is Triton definitely going to be in the show? Or will he be too expensive to do?

I don't mind if he's in a rubber suit or make up all the time. As long as he doesn't look human part of the time. You never saw the likes of Worf, Quark or Odo in Star Trek ever looking human.

Wouldn't mind an Abe Sapien wetsuit alien combo look for Triton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"