Inhumans The Mike Moh is Triton Thread

Makeup clearly implies its practical, not CGI.

If if was CGI, they wouldnt refer to it as makeup.

It's too expensive to do CGI for him each week. Star Trek has managed with prosthetics and make up and it looked fine.

This cast so far seems a bit more interesting than the Star Trek Discovery cast.

If Triton was CG, we'd almost never see him. Case in point, Ghost Rider and Hive.

When did i say he would be made by CGI? Please read before commenting. I said his appearance will be enhanced by CGI. And i don't know if anyone of you has noticed he is NOT a series regular. Probably because of the CGI.

It's too expensive to do CGI for him each week. Star Trek has managed with prosthetics and make up and it looked fine.

This cast so far seems a bit more interesting than the Star Trek Discovery cast.

I am not even gonna look forward to that. Like why go back to TV when you already have those big budgeted films. I know Beyond underperformed but this show just doesn't interest me.

You can do several stories or even more complex one because of the amount of time you have. That's two reasons to do a series.

I'm quite amazed that people are still doubting Marvels abilities to adapt their properties into TV. Why anyone would prefer 2 hours of explosions over nuanced character development is beyond me. I'm almost certain that with today's technology, and Marvel's budget, serial television format is a much superior way to tell these stories. Considering the fact they're filming this in IMAX and playing it in theatres, I'd say it's quite obvious they're committed to bringing something that will look just as cinematic as anything they have on the big screen. Just because they couldn't afford their first choice in Jorge Garcia as Black Bolt doesn't mean this is going to be a cheap shoddy representation of the Attilan royal family.

Jorge Garcia is a busy man and much in demand, so it's not surprising they had to go for a cheaper option with Mount.

I'm quite amazed that people are still doubting Marvels abilities to adapt their properties into TV. Why anyone would prefer 2 hours of explosions over nuanced character development is beyond me. I'm almost certain that with today's technology, and Marvel's budget, serial television format is a much superior way to tell these stories. Considering the fact they're filming this in IMAX and playing it in theatres, I'd say it's quite obvious they're committed to bringing something that will look just as cinematic as anything they have on the big screen. Just because they couldn't afford their first choice in Jorge Garcia as Black Bolt doesn't mean this is going to be a cheap shoddy representation of the Attilan royal family.

Jorge Garcia isn't even the first choice for Black Bolt. And from the past Marvel shows, they didn't even gave justice to Deathlok, Madame Hydra, Graviton, Blizzard and Lash, you know actual characters from the comic books. While Robbie Reyes felt like a water downed version of Ghost Rider.

Anyway, we'll see ifInhumans feels like an event TV in a couple of months.

You get that was a joke, right?

Like why go back to TV when you already have those big budgeted films.

Since the 80's they've done both TV shows and movies, the former simply allows more stories and character-driven arcs than a movie once every few years does. I know you seem to dislike TV shows for whatever reason but to act as though movies are the only delivery system for such content is simply untrue.

When did i say he would be made by CGI?.

Dude, just admit you misunderstood what they meant when they said special effects makeup. This is not the hill to die on.

For shows that would require CGI and all that stunt work, TV isnt the best medium to go unless TV networks are willing to spend 100 million + okay. But sitcoms, police procedural, medical dramas, family dramas, they are perfectly fit for Tv and wouldn't be hold back or limited because of budgetary reasons.

For shows that would require CGI and all that stunt work, TV isnt the best medium to go unless TV networks are willing to spend 100 million + okay. But sitcoms, police procedural, medical dramas, family dramas, they are perfectly fit for Tv and wouldn't be hold back or limited because of budgetary reasons.

it depends on the story.
some stories work better as tv shows, some are better as films. it has absolutely nothing to do with cgi and stunts. tv has evolved so much in the past few years, and shows like GoT and WW prove that.
not everyone has HBO money, that is true, but it can be done.
broadcast tv has to grow a pair.

Sure, it depends on the story but Marvel properties are heavy on action and CgI. That's what you can find on the pages of Marvel comics. Unless you want 1 to 3 rotating villains per season and 3/4 of the episodes, all talk then okay.

Sure, it depends on the story but Marvel properties are heavy on action and CgI. That's what you can find on the pages of Marvel comics. Unless you want 1 to 3 rotating villains per season and 3/4 of the episodes, all talk then okay.

1. you say 'all talk', i say 'character development'.

2. tv shows use cgi more carefully, and have to be careful when to use it. movies usually overdo it and a sense of wonder is often lost. even with cbms.

3. 1 to 3 villains is more than enough per season (especially with fewer episodes)

TV shows use CGI carefully because it's not cheap and if rendered really well, would require bigger pay check to vfx companies. I am fine with character development but not in a way just to compensate for the lack of action and spectacle.

While there were great marvel cartoons in the past that showcased a dozen of villains under 22 episodes and it was awesome. Not sure why Live action can't do the same... Oh wait it'd be too expensive.

TV shows use CGI carefully because it's not cheap and if rendered really well, would require bigger pay check to vfx companies. I am fine with character development but not in a way just to compensate for the lack of action and spectacle.

While there were great marvel cartoons in the past that showcased a dozen of villains under 22 episodes and it was awesome. Not sure why Live action can't do the same... Oh wait it'd be too expensive.

not sure what cartoons with 22 episodes and a villain of the week have to do with long form live action storytelling but whatever. you do you.

Spider-Man, the X-Men and Batman. Even the latest Fantastic Four cartoon was enjoyable.

There've been plenty of live-action shows that used the villain-of-the week format. It's just less popular nowadays because long-form storytelling has become more common. If you want to develop characters it makes more sense to consistently focus on a smaller and more manageable cast than it does to try to introduce a new villain every week. The focus should be on quality, not quantity.

Oh wait, characters that have little character and pose so little threat that they're disposed of in one episode are usually boring. I mean, I'm sure the people who watch the CW shows hate recurring villains like Captain Cold, Dark Archer, Gorilla Grodd, Deathstroke, Reverse Flash, etc. They probably only want episodes to focus on a different character every episode and their favorite villains so far must be Constantine Drakon, Dodger, Komodo, Murmur, Deathbolt, Multiplex, Rainbow Raider, etc.

I don't even watch those DC shows.

You're missing the joke. They're pointing out that the most popular villains are the ones who have relatively consistent appearances and are actually developed to some degree. The one-shot characters who appear just so the creators can cram is many comic characters as possible tend to be less popular and less memorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"