• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The morality of sex: whats right and whats wrong?

those accents are always presented in your films with sexy ladies using them. they sound to prim and proper to me at times and they are also unrealistic in general. it's also skewed toward southern accents in the media.

maxwell's demon said:
i wasn't talking about our films, actually.
Well, I think it's because the British accent makes the voice sound deeper - James Marsters, Spike from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", managed a very convincing British accent throughout the show, but when he went back to his normal American accent on "Smallville", his voice sounded higher.

I remember hearing a comedian explaining why guys like girls with raspy voices: "They hear a girl with a deep, raspy voice, and then think 'Wow, she sounds like she's all done yelling.'" :D

Apparently we Canadians have an accent, too, (the whole "aboot" joke - although that's kind of exaggerating it), not that I've noticed. I've always wondered - are people capable of recognizing their own accents? I never thought Canadians (other than Newfies) had accents until the "aboot" jokes...

AnimeJune said:
Apparently we Canadians have an accent, too, (the whole "aboot" joke - although that's kind of exaggerating it), not that I've noticed. I've always wondered - are people capable of recognizing their own accents? I never thought Canadians (other than Newfies) had accents until the "aboot" jokes...

It's one of the mysteries of life. I'm one of those people who takes in a lot of media, probably a little TOO much, and as a result, I can generally differentiate between accents.

You want me to tell you what section of Africa that guy comes from just by his voice? Done:cmad:

And yet... I've never actually noticed the accent Canadians are known for in actual Canadians:huh:

The closest I've heard is that sort of Newfoundland tint, but even that only slightly resembles the impressions.

Maybe those awesomely witty people trying to imitate us... need some practice:huh:

No, no, you misunderstand me. I can recognize OTHER people's accents - I can just never recognize my own, and by my own I mean mine and other Canadians.

AnimeJune said:
No, no, you misunderstand me. I can recognize OTHER people's accents - I can just never recognize my own, and by my own I mean mine and other Canadians.

Yes, I understood. I am, in fact, Canadian.

Whirlysplat said:
Waits for Americans to start cracking Canadian jokes!!

- Whirly

Profound ones, no doubt, about maple syrup and igloos:yay:

Don't worry, you're not a waste of breath. You're just a mildly inefficient use of grey matter:cmad:

JLBats said:

Don't worry, you're not a waste of breath. You're just a mildly inefficient use of grey matter:cmad:

I'm not an American. Do I detect an insult site in that post? Yes I believe I do.

Lol

Points for originality = 0 :)

- Whirly

Oh well - I'll trade you hockey, beer, and Tim Horton's for your sexual repression, dry wit, and bad teeth. :woot:

AnimeJune said:
Oh well - I'll trade you hockey, beer, and Tim Horton's for your sexual repression, dry wit, and bad teeth. :woot:

Lol, Canadians so sensitive and............ I have not said anything bad about them. I wonder why? :ninja: Inferiority Complexes?

- Whirly

Oh, it's because we're tucked out of the way...in the 2nd biggest country in the world. *lol*

Like Canadian comedian Rick Mercer once said about Canada and the US - "We're bigger, and we're on top. If this was prison, they'd be our b**ch!"

AnimeJune said:
Oh, it's because we're tucked out of the way...in the 2nd biggest country in the world. *lol*

Like Canadian comedian Rick Mercer once said about Canada and the US - "We're bigger, and we're on top. If this was prison, they'd be our b**ch!"

But size isn't everything of course. Paricularly in prison rape scenarios, which often are more about power. So what's the point of being bloated and above, if the virile inmate below you is making you sit on his dick? I shall now go and heckle "Ray Mercer" :)

- Whirly

lol, i just know i never recognize my own accent

Whirlysplat said:
I'm not an American. Do I detect an insult site in that post? Yes I believe I do.

Lol

Points for originality = 0 :)

- Whirly

My insult was not towards you, but towards said jokesters, Whirly. Not you. Never you. I love you so goddamn much.

Points for accuracy= 100. Mostly for participation. And because you're so soft and smell like sweet, sweet wildflower.

Yum.

JLBats said:
My insult was not towards you, but towards said jokesters, Whirly. Not you. Never you. I love you so goddamn much.

Points for accuracy= 100. Mostly for participation. And because you're so soft and smell like sweet, sweet wildflower.

Yum.

:)

Thank you:meow:

- Whirly

AnimeJune said:
Well, I think it's because the British accent makes the voice sound deeper - James Marsters, Spike from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", managed a very convincing British accent throughout the show, but when he went back to his normal American accent on "Smallville", his voice sounded higher.

I remember hearing a comedian explaining why guys like girls with raspy voices: "They hear a girl with a deep, raspy voice, and then think 'Wow, she sounds like she's all done yelling.'" :D

i'm not sure if it was part of the acting or not but the region of his accent changed from time to time. but i figure a vampire who lived in many different places would pick up different accents, to fit with the times and places. but yeah it is surprising to hear his normal voice after you are used to spike.

maxwell's demon said:
i wasn't talking about our films, actually.

care to get into any particular examples.

JLBats said:

shouldn't you be busy teaching your moose to play hockey? :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"