SUPERMAN 2 Release Date Speculation

Set it for winter 2015 and if Avatar suddenly appears move it back to 2016.

Does anyone seriously think Disney is going to release PoTC 5, Avengers 2, and SW all together in the span of three months? One of these projects is moving somewhere. My guess is SW goes back to the winter. I don't think Avatar 2 is going to meet that slot. Otherwise you have to release SW7 Memorial Day weekend and have it cut into A2 legs. As for WB, keep it mid June, or move it back to the winter. And if that is occupied, July 2016.

Does anyone seriously think Disney is going to release PoTC 5, Avengers 2, and SW all together in the span of three months? One of these projects is moving somewhere. My guess is SW goes back to the winter. I don't think Avatar 2 is going to meet that slot. Otherwise you have to release SW7 Memorial Day weekend and have it cut into A2 legs. As for WB, keep it mid June, or move it back to the winter. And if that is occupied, July 2016.

If one of them is getting moved, it's probably going to be POTC5.

POTC5 will likely move to either Christmas or 2016. It's their least important tentpole compared to SW and Avengers

POTC5 will likely move to either Christmas or 2016. It's their least important tentpole compared to SW and Avengers

I understand the last one made over a billion, but do people actually care about POTC anymore?

I understand the last one made over a billion, but do people actually care about POTC anymore?

I think the public's attention will largely be with stuff like Avengers and Star Wars (mostly) throughout the year, but I'm pretty sure they do. Jack Sparrow is, IMO, one of the few iconic characters to come out in the past decade and Depp is a huge draw. Even if they don't care about the franchise anymore, they'll see it for him

It also makes no sense releasing SW in a non-May slot. Those are traditional May releases. You can't tell me SW7 is a much lower priority than an Avengers sequel. Why break that tradition? I like seeing the sequels move later into the summer, while the big opening movie or premiere movie for a new franchise goes early May. I see SW7 as that movie as opposed to Avengers 2. So Disney needs to play around with it. Either way, June or July could still be open for MoS 2 assuming PoTC 5 moves out of that slot.

I don't think Avengers is moving out of May. When Disney scheduled that date they already knew they were getting Star Wars. It wasn't an "Oh, damn, these movies always come out in May so we'll have to kick our other tentpole out of that spot" type thing.

I believe the Memorial Day weekend slot is still open in 2015. Someone big is going to take it.

If it weren't for that my heart would be set on 2016. I'm thinking that WB will lock the film in for 2015 (even though a year later would be better) because some of their planned tentpoles e.g Pacific Rim sequel, Warcraft, that would likely be released in 2015 are leaving with Legendary. MOS2 is their safe bet. I'm not really sure what else they'll have

Wait how are those properties exclusively with Legendary? Maybe I just don't understand what that partnership was in the first place. Basically all the producers at Legendary get to take all that property with them and leave WB out to dry, and onto the highest bidder? Legendary still has not found a distributor right?

Yeah, SW7.

Three weeks after A2? We've seen crazier things before. Then Universal can slip JP4 into June. Disney could muscle WB out of July with PoTC 5. It's really dicey for WB right now.

Last edited:
Warner Bros. Announces 10 DC Movies, 3 Lego Movies and 3 'Harry Potter' Spinoffs
In a press release following Tuijhara’s announcement, Warners noted that the DC slate consisted of “at least” these 10 movies, “as well as standalone Batman and Superman films.”

• Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Snyder (2016)

Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer (2016)

Wonder Woman starring Gal Gadot (2017)

Justice League Part One directed by Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)

The Flash starring Ezra Miller (2018)

Aquaman starring Jason Momoa (2018)

Shazam (2019)

Justice League Part Two directed by Zack Snyder (2019)

Cyborg starring Ray Fisher (2020)

Green Lantern (2020)

‘Batman’ & ‘Superman’ Will Get New Standalone Movies Before 2020

Warner Bros. Announces 10 DC Movies, 3 Lego Movies and 3 'Harry Potter' Spinoffs
In a press release following Tuijhara’s announcement, Warners noted that the DC slate consisted of “at least” these 10 movies, “as well as standalone Batman and Superman films.”

• Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Snyder (2016)

Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer (2016)

Wonder Woman starring Gal Gadot (2017)

Justice League Part One directed by Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)

The Flash starring Ezra Miller (2018)

Aquaman starring Jason Momoa (2018)

Shazam (2019)

Justice League Part Two directed by Zack Snyder (2019)

Cyborg starring Ray Fisher (2020)

Green Lantern (2020)

‘Batman’ & ‘Superman’ Will Get New Standalone Movies Before 2020

I know I'm a bit late, but this is the best news I've had in a long time. Just knowing that we'll have Superman starring in BvS, two JL movies and, at least, one more solo movie, is more than enough to get me excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"