The Multiversers - OOC

Wow cannot believe I forgot. I had a day where I posted as almost all my characters and thought this was one. Hopefully my internet at home is working again when I get off work.

Perhaps it would be best if an exact plan was agreed on within Catman's limits of the story. The game is being too large-scale freedom wise and everyone is scattered and the game is lagging behind in pace. It's a short-term game so the length of the game is in mind as I post this.

Byrd and I were going to have our characters run into each other and after that I was going to be switching to a different MRC character out of the other JSA Members I have roaming about with Citizen Steel. We are going to have the characters converge at West Virginia and try to free some imprisoned metas.

Come on, Cats. Time to GM up and get on these people's asses to post.

**** it, fine. I'll put a post up in a minute that I expect each Chosen character to have responded to within the next 72 hours, or I'll take it as a sign that you've lost interest in the character. I know I have been prompting you to post, and I know it's unfair, but if you're still interested in the character you're playing then you shouldn't have a problem with it.

Earth-25 characters, I'd like a post from you in the same timeframe if you can. I'm not going to force you to congregate in one place, though if you want to PM me I can suggest some places it may be beneficial to be in.

Who cares? You know who is who.

Hal post coming soon.

Last edited:
**** it, fine. I'll put a post up in a minute that I expect each Chosen character to have responded to within the next 72 hours, or I'll take it as a sign that you've lost interest in the character. I know I have been prompting you to post, and I know it's unfair, but if you're still interested in the character you're playing then you shouldn't have a problem with it.

Earth-25 characters, I'd like a post from you in the same timeframe if you can. I'm not going to force you to congregate in one place, though if you want to PM me I can suggest some places it may be beneficial to be in.

Yes! That's how a GM kicks ass.

Unlike me, who sits back lazily and lets Byrd do it all. :D

We have a good rapport. Every game needs a good GM/bad GM/Mexican GM system to work perfectly.

Goddammit! I'm Portuguese, not Mexican! And only part! :cmad:

People you only have 24 hours to re-affirm your interest in your character.

Think I'm going to have to drop out. Sorry about that, Cats, but with my limited computer access, I'm doing good to post as all my other characters. Once again, sorry about that.

Right, essentially only 4 people have abided my by arbitary deadline. We can continue with a severely reduced game, or I can declare this one dead in the water. Opinions?

I hate to say it...but if we're not going to have more than 4 people and with the ebb & flow of even the established RPGS and given that is a short term one....I think we might have to declare this one dead. I would love to see it go on but with only 4 people not a lot of hope.

I hate to say it...but if we're not going to have more than 4 people and with the ebb & flow of even the established RPGS and given that is a short term one....I think we might have to declare this one dead. I would love to see it go on but with only 4 people not a lot of hope.

Considering two of the four are Lanterns of opposing color, I'd be tempted to say roll on for the interaction there alone.

I'm game either way, but we're hamstrung by having two groups - Plastic Man being separate from Kai-ro, Walker, and Kara. If we were going to steam forward, I'd say we'd need to do this Teen Titans/Justice League style and consolidate the folks or split them evenly.

With none of the Earth-25 heroes rogering up though it seems like the game would take one of two turns: either increased GM-ship by Cats or the players NPCing the hell out of posts, so you should figure that into the equation as to whether the change in the style would factor in to continuing or not.

Hate to bow out of the game myself, but I'm afraid I have no choice due to internet issues. My activity level was never high enough to warrant being a Chosen anyway, so for that oversight on my end, I sincerely apologize.

Bunny Supes, kill him off, it doesn't matter to me. Whatever you guys think is best for the game.

I'm still in, I knew byrd's situation but was going to wait for a post by him. If you want me to re-apply Cats then fine. But still want to do what byrd and I planned. I will use his characters for the attack on the West Virginia facility and then get my character to cross paths with the Chosen somehow.

I saw that someone is already Superman, but since that is a Chosen Superman from an alternate Earth, I'm doing the Earth-25 version:

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them):
Superman(Kal-El/Clark Kent)

Powers and attributes:
Flight, Superstrength, Superspeed, Invulnerability, Super-senses, Heat vision, Super breath, X-ray vision

Origin and backstory :
MRC

The son of a scientist, Jor-El, and his wife, Lara, an artist, the infant Kal-EL was rocketed to Earth to save him from the destruction of his homeworld, Krypton, due to General Zod’s attempted nuclear takeover. Landing in Smallville, Kansas, he was adopted by a young farmer, Jonathan Kent, and his wife, Martha, who renamed him Clark. As he grew up, he discovered his amazing powers. His parents raised him to keep his powers a secret, but also to help all people and, inspired by the Cold War adventures of Captain Marvel and the Justice Society, he decided to fight for truth, hope and justice. Helped by Professor Emil Hamilton and Dr. Kitty Faulkner, he learned his true origins and, after relocating to Metropolis, became a reporter for the Daily Planet, where he started a romance with ace reporter, Lois Lane, and sparked a friendship with cub reporter Jimmy Olsen, as both Clark Kent and the world‘s greatest superhero, Superman. Superman has become a symbol of hope, similar to Captain Marvel. He has inspired other heroes, such as the Green Lantern and Batman. Superman leads the Justice League against the world’s greatest threats, such as Darkseid, Lord of Apokolips and Lex Luthor, the most influential man in the world.

Universe history (Chosen characters only):
N/A

How is this character different from the mainstream version?:
My version of Superman will be more inspirational than the ordinary, New Earth counterpart. Personality-wise, he will be more careful in obeying his own moral code, such as never killing anyone, even in the most extreme circumstances. He will not blindly follow the government, especially when he knows that they are wrong. He also has more of a sense of humor. In my version, he has more of a normal friendship with Jimmy rather than being a mentor-type character. I also hope to keep him grounded in realism by toning down his powers, not using over-the-top technology and giving scientific explanations for his very existence.

What can you bring to the game?:
As Superman, I hope to inspire others to look at other people as fellow humans, not random strangers. Even if it’s just an RPG, it will give others the chance to feel what being a hero is all about. I hope I can live up to the legend created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

Sample Post (write a sample post as your character that is at least 4 paragraphs long, with at least one line of dialogue):
I see nothing…nothing except a blinding white light. I’m falling. I’ve never felt so helpless. Below me, hundreds of people scream out for help, one last time, help I am unable to give them. I open my eyes and the light has cleared to reveal the Earth, but not like you‘ve ever seen it. The majority of the planet is wiped out, and the few survivors will starve to death anyways. I’ve failed. I hit the ground. Suddenly, I open my eyes, and feel the cool, morning air, reassuring me that it was all a dream. Rusty’s friendly bark keeps me grounded in reality. The nightmare never changes, but I’ve taken precautions to make sure it never happens. After all, I’m no ordinary man, I am Superman!
Luckily for me, even though not even my powers can stop every major disaster in the world, Reed and Tony have been working on a global security system while I monitor Metropolis to make sure Luthor isn’t up to something again. It’s eight o’clock, time to get to work. The Daily Planet’s only a few blocks away, so I make it there with a few seconds to spare.
“Kent! Where were you? Get back to work on the Batman story! Troupe, you and Olsen go check out Professor Hamilton‘s new crime-fighting gizmo. Well, what are you all waiting for? Go, go, go!” Perry can be a bit aggressive and obnoxious sometimes, but he’s just doing his job. He lives and breathes the Daily Planet.
“Got it, chief!” Jimmy, the Planet’s youngest reporter and one of my closest friends in Metropolis, as both Clark and Superman. Lucky for him, the signal watch I gave him allows him to contact me at any time.
“And don’t call me chief!” Luckily, I already have the Batman story done, but Perry doesn’t need to know that, or the fact that I am currently flying at 40000 feet above Metropolis.
“Help! Help!” A cry for help grabs my attention. Faster than a speeding bullet, I head over to the source of the scream. Bruno Manheim and Intergang are doing their usual threaten-the-innocent-citizens-of-Metropolis thing, so it only takes one stare to get them to stop. Of course, it helps if your eyes can melt through solid metal. A quick thank you, and I’m off. And that, is a morning in the life of Superman.

Unfortunately this game is dead. Very very dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"