The Multiversers - OOC

The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): Kara of Themyscira aka Kara Prince aka Kara Zor-El aka Wonder Girl

Powers and attributes: Kara wields the abilities of flight, superhuman strength, speed, and invulnerability. Her kryptonian DNA grants her a powerful sonic scream, enhanced visions like, x-ray, microscopic and heat, 'freeze breath' and superhuman hearing. A normal Kryptonian has a weakness/power outage against magic, but since being raised on Paradise Island, the great Enchantress Circe gave her the gift to be protected from all magic. Kara's only weakness large rocks from her home planet, which are called Kryptonite.

Being an Amazon warrior, she is one of the finest warriors in Paradise Island. She is excellent in unarmed combat. She also has learned exotic forms of combat. This gives her an advantage in all fights, as her style of fighting is not practiced outside of Themyscira, unless she is fighting someone who has the equivalent strength and durability, or someone who is stronger. She has been trained to be proficient in the use of various forms of weaponry, including the javelin, broadsword, and bow.

Kara has also been givent the weapons: The Lasso of Ares (which gives Kara the ability to manipulate electricity through it's enchanted fibers), Bracelets of Victory, and her boomerang tiara.

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC): Chosen

Kara Zor-El had only been a few months old, when her world started to collapse around her. Her home planet, Krypton, had destroyed before her eyes, with her elder cousin, Kal-El being shipped off to earth for protection. But, one city had survived. A highly intelligent scientist of Krypton, Zor-El, used technology never seen before to the Kryptonians, to save his city. He shielded the entire city from the Kryptonite poisoning, managing to save thousands. He tried to save his brother, Jor-El, but it was too late - they had to evacuate. Taking his daughter, Kara, with him and wife, Allura, the whole city set off in to the vacuous space, alone on one rock.

But, only a few years later, would Argo City crumble. A surpsie meteor shower broke through the shields, exposing the citizens of Argo City to Kryptonite poisoning. Zor-El and Allura had to act fast, as they knew there was no way they could save the city again. As they prepared the rocket, a small meteor struck it's windshield, a small sample of kryptonite seeping and effecting Kara. The two scientists packed their baby daughter in to a rocket, where it was blasted off in to space, the two parents hoping she would find her way towards Kal-El, her elder cousin.

During her journey through space, she was effected by the yellow sun, which allowed her to access her kryptonian abilities. The rocket was on a steady course to finding Jonathan and Martha Kent, but a small left over peice of the ruined Argo City struck the rocket, spiralling it off course. It eventually came to an explosive landing, right in the centre of the Bermuda Triangle.

The young kryptonian, had infact landed on Paradise Island - home to the most powerful female species to ever walk the earth. The Amazons of Themyscira. Poseidon, great god of the sea, brought the baby to the shore, where Queen Hippolyta was playing with her daughters, Princess Diana and Princess Donna. Hera, the goddess marriage, women and birth, sent a message to Queen Hippolyta, telling her to look after the baby well, and name her 'Kara'. She told the Queen that this baby was not infact from earth, but was survivor from a mass destruction, which killed out her species.

Hippolyta raised Kara as one of her own. The three sisters, Kara, Diana and Donna often took part in various battles and won nearly every competition they fought in. Kara was considered to be given gifts from Zeus himself, as her heat ray, ice breath, and various other powers astounded the Amazons. The sisters practiced with eachother, day in and day out. And soon, Hippolyta granted the three girls allowance to walk freely on Man's Land.

Now, Kara takes after her amazon sisters, Wonder Woman and Troia, by calling herself Wonder Girl and becoming a young hero. Kara dons a dark wig when in the disguise of Kara Prince.

Universe history (Chosen characters only):
The earth is almost parallell to the current DCU - but of course, that all changes in that key moment in time, when Kara Zor-El crash landed on Paradise Island. Back on Man's Land, Superman never got to know that some of his people did infact survive and he was not the last of his species. It of course, did not affect him at first - But over time, Superman began to fill the pain. When he contacted Brainiac, the living kryptonian computer, he managed to forge a deal with him. Help him bring back Krypton and he will leave Earth forever. It took Superman a long time to accept the deal, but after a talk with Martha Kent, he decided it was best to leave. And so, he did. These chain of events caused a ripple throughout the world. He had split with his wife, Lois Lane, believing that he had to put building back Krypton before him. The Justice League disbanded and America was left without it's greatest saviour. The villanous Lex Luthor ceased his oppurtunity and quickly came in to power as President once again, marrying Lana Lang. Any hero that was reminiscent of Superman were to be locked away instantly. The labs of CADMUS, however, were secretly planning to make a clone of Superman, without Lex Luthor knowing....

Back on Paradise Island, as Hippolyta now had three daughters to raised, it took a long time before Diana and her sisters were let free, which casued their arrival to be after the depature of Superman. Kara still, to this day does not know about her kryptonian heritage. Cassandra Sandsmark was never inspired by Wonder Woman, as she wasn't there to be idolized. Instead, she continues to live a life as a normal teenage girl, who instead idolized Superman before his depature. The Teen Titans history had changed, as without Donna Troy, they perished under the might of a formidable foe. This sent Batman in to a deep depression, and decided he would no longer have any more sidekicks. Barbara Gordon grieved over her once friend and decided to go to University to get away from everything, missing the Joker's suprise attack by days. Instead, it was Comissioner Gordon who's legs were paralyzed.

Now, Wonder Woman leads her two sisters as a trio called 'Birds of Prey', fighting crime around the country on a daily basis. Kara enrolls at Metropolis High School, befriending Cassie Sandsmark. Donna enrolls at Metropolis University, where she befriends Barbara Gordon. The Justice League is slowly reforming and struggling to deal without Superman.

How is this character different from the mainstream version?: She was not infact found by Batman and raised by Superman or landed as a teenager. Infact, she was found as a baby in the mystical Paradise Island. She grew up, trained and fought their, calling it her home. Kara does not know any different and believes herself to be one of the Amazons. She never knew Superman, neither did she want to.

What can you bring to the game?: Not the same old same old Supergirl, but a big twist which makes her personality ever so different. Someone who is willing to develop a character and make them stronger each post.

Sample Post (write a sample post as your character that is at least 4 paragraphs long, with at least one line of dialogue):

Wonder Girl, they chant. Wonder Girl, they call. Wonder Girl, they cry.

"Kara!" She chants. She calls. She crys.

Cassie Sandsmark. Probably the nicest human I've met so far. At first it suprised me how should could idolize one man so much, but I eventually learned that Cassie's idolization was born from her desire to be a hero one day. Quite like me, and my sisters. But she told me that her dreams had gone, ever since 'America's Saviour, Superman' had left the Earth. She's the only human to know my true identity so far.

If anything, I'm glad that I arrived after this man's depature. A typical man, fleeing at the slightest hint of committment. Now, it's up to sister Diana to fill a man's shoes, something that we Amazons are very capable of. Mother trusted Diana to take car of me and Donna, and that she will do. But whilst taking care of a nation, too. "Coming!"

But, then again, there is one special man. A man I'd like to keep my eye on. Well, I call him a man but really he's a boy. He's called Kid Flash. We met, one cold night in Gotham. Quite romantic if you ask me. I was beating up some bad guys and then...he came along. Out of nowhere. In a quick flash all the thugs I was previously beating up, had been bundled in to a circle and chained to a fence. My eyes first saw him when he revealed himself, holding a rose in front of my face. How sweet, how very very sw---

"--I think Cassie's calling you," Bart Allen. He's not so charming. Aside
the fact he's a jock, he's not really my type. Okay, his humor reminds me of Kid Flash, but that's about it. He continuously tries to win over my affections. Yawn.

"Yeah, I know."

I flick the brunette strands of my silk wig behind my shoulders and march towards Cassie, who has one eyebrow raised and her lips pouted. "Did you just reject the Bart Allen?"

"Whatever, I hardly need a man in my life to be satisifed. But, what I do need right now, is a cover up. Just for one period? There's a flood over in Australia..."

Cassie twitches her lips, then looks my directly in the eyes. "As long as I get dibs on Bart!"

We smile, nod and shake hands.

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): Plastic Man

Powers and attributes: Shape shifting, complete control over his physical structure, heightened agility. immortality, telepathic immunity, regeneration, size alteration. (These came courtesy of Wikipedia although I think most of us know his powers).

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC): Chosen

Universe history (Chosen characters only): Patrick O'Brien grew up in a slum with an absent father and an alcoholic mother. Patrick was determined not to live like that for the rest of his life. He also grew tired of seeing injustice after injustice being carried out against the people of his neighborhood. It was that desire to escape his surroundings and to seek justice that fueled his desire to be a police officer.

Patrick graduated at the top of his class and quickly became one of the best cops his city had ever seen. Although he was lauded for his work, he had as many citations and medals as he did reprimands for violations of departmental procedures, Patrick was also viewed as too extreme on more than one occasion for his enforcement of the law. However he was never suspended or brought up on charges because he was effective at what he did and when he made an arrest it held up in court.

However in his city being a good cop also meant a death sentence. There were those in the City Government who felt that sooner or later Patrick would start investigating them, and that would not only mean the end of their careers but in many cases prison sentences. Patrick was ordered to investigate a potential drug case at the Henderson Chemical plant. When Patrick arrived and found no one in the main plant area like he had been told he knew what was about to happen. Several hired guns and rouge cops began to open fire on Patrick. He tried to hold them off but in the end it was 10 to 1 and there was no way he could take them all. The last shot sent him over a railing into a vat of chemicals. The crooks believed him to be dead and left the plant.

A research scientist, named Dr. Woodrow "Woosy" Winks, who had been working in the basement found Patrick's remains in the chemical vat and pulled him. Much to his surprise he found Patrick’s wounds almost full healed and that Patrick's skin was now malleable. He hid Patrick in an off-site facility and ran a series of tests on him.

Patrick awoke at the site and demanded to know what was going on. Dr. Winks explained what had happened to him. Patrick began to see some real advantages to his newfound abilities. Woosy made him a special suit that would adapt to his powers and special black goggles to hide his true identity. Patrick knew that if those who wanted him dead found out he was still alive his wife and son and Woosy would be targets. He also knew that if they found out about his abilities they would come after him like never before. Patrick adopted the name of "Plastic Man" and began to use his abilities first to stop small time thugs. Then he eventually began to work his way up the ladder to those in power who "killed' him.

"Plastic Man" has become a symbol of hope and injustice for all the people of his city. He uses his abilities to shape shift and change into items to find out information about the crooks in his city. Though on record as a criminal the police put little if no effort to stop him, because he has made the city safer and those in power very nervous.

How is this character different from the mainstream version?: Plastic Man is not a former crook in this version also he is not the happy-go-lucky wisecracker. In this version he is driven and obsessive he also recognizes the downside to his new life. Those he loves can never know the truth about him and because of his unique abilities he will never age. Plastic Man will watch his family and friends grow old and die and he can never be a part of their lives again and that tears him up inside and he frequently takes it out the crooks he battles.

What can you bring to the game?: Previous RPG experience and I know the players in this RPG and we work well together.

Sample Post (write a sample post as your character that is at least 4 paragraphs long, with at least one line of dialogue):

Two crooks approach the safe at the bank.

One looks at the other and says, "You got the drill?"

The other replies, "Yeah right here."

Crook one looks at the drill and says, "Silent motor and cooling engine we can drill all night and be out just before the bank opens."

Crook two says, "Yeah just the same though let's get in and out that alarm bypass isn't going to last forever."

Suddenly there is a chuckle that echos throughout the bank.

Crook one says, "I didn't think that was funny."

Crook two says, "That wasn't me!"

Just then the chuckle becomes a full-blown laugh. The two crooks turn and see that their duffle bag has now morphed into Plastic Man.

Plastic Man asks, "Did you two really believe that you would get away with this? Did you think I wouldn't know about this?"

The crooks try to run put Plastic Man morphs his arms into two clamps and grabs the crooks in them. He then slams them into the wall twice and both crooks are now barely conscious as Plastic Man leaves them slummped on the floor

Plastic Man then says, "Oh by the way you're bypass work was shoddy! I made sure it held out so I could have fun with you both. Now the fun is over."

He morphs his hand into a knife and cuts the bypass cords which activates the alarms. Within minutes the police are in front of the bank and Plastic Man sees them.

He says, "I think even they can handle it from here."

Plastic Man morphs into a snake and slides out through the venting system.

APPROVED. I think I can only realistically approve one more Chosen character, but we could well be ready to go very soon.

I probably won't get an app up until the weekend. Want to make sure I have a good character picked out.

Either tomorrow night, or the night after, I think.

Either tomorrow night, or the night after, I think.

So I was thinking it might be easier if the Chosen started out as an established group that could be deployed to Earth-25 ASAP. Of course, if the Chosen players want to start out in their own universe, that's fine too.

I'd be fine with Kai-ro starting out with an established group.

The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): J'onn J'onzz , The Martian Manhunter

Powers and attributes: The Martian Manhunter possesses several superhuman abilities, including superhuman strength, speed, stamina and endurance. He can also fire beams of energy from his eyes, shapeshift and become intangible, as well as fly. J'onn is also an extremely powerful telepath.

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC): Chosen.

J'onn J'onzz comes from the Red Son-universe. Among the many things that were changed by baby Kal-El's rocket crashing in the Soviet Union instead of Kansas, was the origins of the Martian Manhunter.

Dr. Erdel, the man who brought the Marian Manhunter to Earth, was part of Lex Luthor's team of scientists who struggled to find the means by which to defeat Superman. During an experiment gone wrong, a member of the Martian race was teleported to Luthor's lab just as the entire populace of his homeplanet was being eradicated by civil war.

Luthor kept the discovery a secret and spent years testing the Martian's abilities, their limits, and training him to one day battle the Comrade of Steel. One day, however, J'onn's telepathic abilities broke through Lex Luthor's mental conditioning and he made his escape. Traveling back to Mars, J'onn discovered his once beautiful homeplanet was in ruins, and completely void of life.

Since then J'onn traveled the galaxy and soon his name was heard in whispers throughout the universe as one of the greatest bounty hunters the world had ever known. If you needed someone brought to justice, The Martian Manhunter did not disappoint.

Universe history (Chosen characters only): As most of you know, in the Red Son universe Kal-El's rocket crashed in the Soviet Union, and the Man of Steel was raised to become the Comrade of Steel, and the leader of the Union.

With Kal-El on their side, the Cold War was but a foot-note in the Earth's history. And because he never became the Superman we know, the entire universe was irrevocably altered.

How is this character different from the mainstream version?: Well, personality-wise he is similar. He is calm, reserved and very much the strong, silent type. However, unlike his mainstream counterpart, his training and experience as a bounty hunter makes him much more willing to use his powers to their full extent. That is to say, unlike mainstream J'onn, the Martian Manhunter is more than willing to fight dirty.

What can you bring to the game?: Every team of DC superheroes needs a Martian Manhunter, dude.

I have been hunting down the criminal known as Lobo for what seems like months. I was hired by family members of his victims, many of whom spent their life savings for me to bring this monster to justice.

"Come on, Martian. You'n'me have a lotta things in common!"

His trail of blood was easy enough to pick up. But his resourcefulness surprised me. On more than one occasion he managed to outrun me, but I do not plan on letting him get away again.

"You're the last of your kind, I'm the last a'mine. Granted, me bein' the last of my kind is sorta my fault. Heh. But y'know. Killing an entire race was rush, I'll tell you that much."

Most people think of Lobo as a mindless killing machine. It is an easy mistake to make. I would know. But it is a testament to his ability that he is completely invisible to my telepathic abilities.

"Hahaha, what are we at? 2-0 for ol' Lobo? You really feel like tryin' yer luck against the main man for the third time?"

Of course, that is not to say I haven't found him.

"That's fine by me, Martian. Now why don't you show me that pretty little green face of yours and let's this show on the road."

"Let's."

755604manhunter.jpg

So I was thinking it might be easier if the Chosen started out as an established group that could be deployed to Earth-25 ASAP. Of course, if the Chosen players want to start out in their own universe, that's fine too.

I'm happy with either/or. I can always write flashbacks to Conner's universe if it strikes me as a necessary part of his coming to terms with his present ordeal.

the multiversers rpg
character application

character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): j'onn j'onzz , the martian manhunter

powers and attributes: the martian manhunter possesses several superhuman abilities, including superhuman strength, speed, stamina and endurance. He can also fire beams of energy from his eyes, shapeshift and become intangible, as well as fly. J'onn is also an extremely powerful telepath.

origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the chosen or a mrc): chosen.

J'onn j'onzz comes from the red son-universe. Among the many things that were changed by baby kal-el's rocket crashing in the soviet union instead of kansas, was the origins of the martian manhunter.

Dr. Erdel, the man who brought the marian manhunter to earth, was part of lex luthor's team of scientists who struggled to find the means by which to defeat superman. During an experiment gone wrong, a member of the martian race was teleported to luthor's lab just as the entire populace of his homeplanet was being eradicated by civil war.

Luthor kept the discovery a secret and spent years testing the martian's abilities, their limits, and training him to one day battle the comrade of steel. One day, however, j'onn's telepathic abilities broke through lex luthor's mental conditioning and he made his escape. Traveling back to mars, j'onn discovered his once beautiful homeplanet was in ruins, and completely void of life.

Since then j'onn traveled the galaxy and soon his name was heard in whispers throughout the universe as one of the greatest bounty hunters the world had ever known. If you needed someone brought to justice, the martian manhunter did not disappoint.

universe history (chosen characters only): as most of you know, in the red son universe kal-el's rocket crashed in the soviet union, and the man of steel was raised to become the comrade of steel, and the leader of the union.

With kal-el on their side, the cold war was but a foot-note in the earth's history. And because he never became the superman we know, the entire universe was irrevocably altered.

how is this character different from the mainstream version?: well, personality-wise he is similar. He is calm, reserved and very much the strong, silent type. However, unlike his mainstream counterpart, his training and experience as a bounty hunter makes him much more willing to use his powers to their full extent. That is to say, unlike mainstream j'onn, the martian manhunter is more than willing to fight dirty.

what can you bring to the game?: every team of dc superheroes needs a martian manhunter, dude.

sample post (write a sample post as your character that is at least 4 paragraphs long, with at least one line of dialogue):

i have been hunting down the criminal known as lobo for what seems like months. I was hired by family members of his victims, many of whom spent their life savings for me to bring this monster to justice.

"come on, martian. You'n'me have a lotta things in common!"

his trail of blood was easy enough to pick up. But his resourcefulness surprised me. On more than one occasion he managed to outrun me, but i do not plan on letting him get away again.

"you're the last of your kind, i'm the last a'mine. Granted, me bein' the last of my kind is sorta my fault. Heh. But y'know. Killing an entire race was rush, i'll tell you that much."

most people think of lobo as a mindless killing machine. It is an easy mistake to make. I would know. But it is a testament to his ability that he is completely invisible to my telepathic abilities.

"hahaha, what are we at? 2-0 for ol' lobo? You really feel like tryin' yer luck against the main man for the third time?"

of course, that is not to say i haven't found him.

"that's fine by me, martian. Now why don't you show me that pretty little green face of yours and let's this show on the road."

"let's."

755604manhunter.jpg
Approved.

I'm good with either way...jsut let me know which way we're leaning towards.

Yeah I'd be good with starting with the group already assembled, that way we'd quickly bypass the awkward first steps of them meeting. However, just so everyone could kind of get in gear, my suggestion would be everyone making their first post the moments leading up to their character getting 'ported to Earth-25. Then we'd flashforward to after they've done all the "OH NOES" and gotten the exposition from their 'employer'.

Sounds good to me. The last few multiversers have gotten bogged down in the "meet and greet" part of the story and that's where the usually end up folding.

I was thinking about not doing this after all since it would be my fifth game. But seeing as how Walking Dead is pretty much dead...

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): Saint Walker

Powers and attributes: As a member of the Blue Lantern Corps, Saint Walker's ring is powered by hope. But, while hope is the most powerful of the seven emotions, it is nothing without the willpower to enact on it. Which means, unless there isn't a Green Lantern nearby, a Blue Lantern only has the ability to fly and form a protective aura.

But...if there is a Green Lantern near them, the power of a Blue Lantern rivals that of any others. They can heal wounds, it can instill hope in others and be supplemented by their hope, and even provide the wielders with limited precognition. It can also cool the rage of Red Lanterns, fill the hunger of Orange Lanterns, drain the energy from Yellow rings, and double the power levels of Green Lanterns.

As his word's sun began to die, it started heating Broo'Dee Walker's planet. Ever a believer in God's plan, and never one to lose hope, he and his family began a quest to climb their sacred mountain to find the messiah that would save their people. The nine day trek took the lives of Walker's family, and almost his own. Finally, near death, he reached the top of the mountain, only to find no messiah waiting for them, only a slab of stone. With his spirit crushed, Walker cursed his god and nearly gave up on having any hope. But a sudden storm arrived in time to quench Walker's thirst and reveal his reflection in the stone. He was the savior.

His hope and strength renewed, Saint Walker descended the mountain. He preached of hope to the people of his world, calming their panic, and reigniting their faith. When their sun reignited as well with new youth, a blue lantern ring appeared, and bonded with Saint Walker, making him the first of a new Corps.

Universe history (Chosen characters only): Saint Walker was the first Blue Lantern of the main DC universe. As such, he was a key player in the fight against Nekron during the Blackest Night.

Alongside the other Corps, Saint Walker fought against the Black Lanterns to preserve all life in the universe. After Nekron's defeat, Walker become one of the New Guardians...but now he finds himself mysterious transported to a new universe. To an Earth seemingly without hope. But, as Saint Walker knows, hope can never be extinguished. And no matter how much might be dimmed, it can still shine brighter in the darkness than anything else.

How is this character different from the mainstream version?: Well, seeing as he is the mainstream version...not much. :p

What can you bring to the game?: Besides tons of RPG experience? I want to see what happens when one of the mainstream characters has to deal with heroes and villains from other planes of existence. But not just any character. I specifically chose Saint Walker because he is the symbol of hope. I want to see how he reacts to a world without hope.

Yes, he survived the Blackest Night. But in that case, hope still existed, and everyone fought to the end. But what happens when he's faced with a world that's given up? Where the fight has been lost. And where, except for a few pockets of resistance, the people have no hope left, and have resigned themselves to their fate?

I will never lose hope. Not again.

When my family was taken from me, when all I had believed in seemed a lie, I had very nearly lost the most important thing in the universe. The idea that things can be better, that there's still a chance all will be right.

I was saved from making the biggest mistake of my life. Giving up on hope. Even when we fought against the end of life itself, my hope remained eternal. As did that of the countless beings by my side. Even though we were on the brink of losing everything, it was undoubtedly the greatest moment I had ever experienced. The entire universe, bound together, in the belief that we would prevail, that the darkness would not win, that hope would keep the universe alight.

Which is why it is so difficult to stand on this world. A world that has given up. That is resigned to their fate. That no longer hopes.

"I still hope,"
I say to myself. "And if I have to, I will be a symbol for everyone."

I rise into the air, forcing my aura to grow brighter, and brighter. Until anyone who may be in the area has no choice but to see my blue light.

"You are not alone," I say out loud. "Do not be afraid."

"Hope will shine again..."

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): Saint Walker

Powers and attributes: As a member of the Blue Lantern Corps, Saint Walker's ring is powered by hope. But, while hope is the most powerful of the seven emotions, it is nothing without the willpower to enact on it. Which means, unless there isn't a Green Lantern nearby, a Blue Lantern only has the ability to fly and form a protective aura.

But...if there is a Green Lantern near them, the power of a Blue Lantern rivals that of any others. They can heal wounds, it can instill hope in others and be supplemented by their hope, and even provide the wielders with limited precognition. It can also cool the rage of Red Lanterns, fill the hunger of Orange Lanterns, drain the energy from Yellow rings, and double the power levels of Green Lanterns.

As his word's sun began to die, it started heating Broo'Dee Walker's planet. Ever a believer in God's plan, and never one to lose hope, he and his family began a quest to climb their sacred mountain to find the messiah that would save their people. The nine day trek took the lives of Walker's family, and almost his own. Finally, near death, he reached the top of the mountain, only to find no messiah waiting for them, only a slab of stone. With his spirit crushed, Walker cursed his god and nearly gave up on having any hope. But a sudden storm arrived in time to quench Walker's thirst and reveal his reflection in the stone. He was the savior.

His hope and strength renewed, Saint Walker descended the mountain. He preached of hope to the people of his world, calming their panic, and reigniting their faith. When their sun reignited as well with new youth, a blue lantern ring appeared, and bonded with Saint Walker, making him the first of a new Corps.

Universe history (Chosen characters only): Saint Walker was the first Blue Lantern of the main DC universe. As such, he was a key player in the fight against Nekron during the Blackest Night.

Alongside the other Corps, Saint Walker fought against the Black Lanterns to preserve all life in the universe. After Nekron's defeat, Walker become one of the New Guardians...but now he finds himself mysterious transported to a new universe. To an Earth seemingly without hope. But, as Saint Walker knows, hope can never be extinguished. And no matter how much might be dimmed, it can still shine brighter in the darkness than anything else.

How is this character different from the mainstream version?: Well, seeing as he is the mainstream version...not much. :p

What can you bring to the game?: Besides tons of RPG experience? I want to see what happens when one of the mainstream characters has to deal with heroes and villains from other planes of existence. But not just any character. I specifically chose Saint Walker because he is the symbol of hope. I want to see how he reacts to a world without hope.

Yes, he survived the Blackest Night. But in that case, hope still existed, and everyone fought to the end. But what happens when he's faced with a world that's given up? Where the fight has been lost. And where, except for a few pockets of resistance, the people have no hope left, and have resigned themselves to their fate?

I will never lose hope. Not again.

When my family was taken from me, when all I had believed in seemed a lie, I had very nearly lost the most important thing in the universe. The idea that things can be better, that there's still a chance all will be right.

I was saved from making the biggest mistake of my life. Giving up on hope. Even when we fought against the end of life itself, my hope remained eternal. As did that of the countless beings by my side. Even though we were on the brink of losing everything, it was undoubtedly the greatest moment I had ever experienced. The entire universe, bound together, in the belief that we would prevail, that the darkness would not win, that hope would keep the universe alight.

Which is why it is so difficult to stand on this world. A world that has given up. That is resigned to their fate. That no longer hopes.

"I still hope," I say to myself. "And if I have to, I will be a symbol for everyone."

I rise into the air, forcing my aura to grow brighter, and brighter. Until anyone who may be in the area has no choice but to see my blue light.

"You are not alone," I say out loud. "Do not be afraid."

"Hope will shine again..."

APPROVED. And with that, I will not be accepting any more applications for Chosen characters - 7 is quite enough. I'll get up a post with Chronos briefing the Chosen shortly, and then we can get to Earth-25.

So, I are confuzzled.

Just to be clear after reading the briefing, the Chosen have been on missions together before (ala eXiles), but our initial posts should start just on our own Earth's just before being called back again? So we get to go home after each mission?

Actually I was envisioning taking you from the end of your last mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"