The Mutant Chronicles

ugh i was hoping someone had posted a link to a trailer

Are they ever going to release this movie?:confused: It's been nearly 2 years since they wrapped up photography.

It's not far off now. But from what I've read, it's all up to the producers now.

In new issue of Doomzine, #24, you can find this interview to Simon Hunter, director of the movie.

Hi Simon.
Welcome back to these pages.

DZ. Well, the movie is really finished?
SH. Yes it is. January 12th I think we finished. All done.

DZ. Are you totally satisfied of the final result? Or there are things that you changes?
SH. Yes. We set out to create a really fun B movie in the best sense of the word. Nothing pretentious, just fun and exciting.

DZ. Does the original script written by Phillip Eisner has been reworken ? If yes, on which points ?
SH. Not really, I have tried to show the world of Mutant Chronicles rather than have characters talk about it endlessly. Philip and I were very clear on what we wanted.

DZ. Is the scenario a stand-alone story or a cliffhanger to another movie(s) ?
SH. It is a stand alone story. We decided to show entertain the audience with a few aspects of the Mutant Chronicles universe, we can show them much more of it when they are 'hooked' on the first movie.

DZ. Which it has been the thing more difficult to realize?
SH. All the 1800 visual effects shots - so many!

DZ. What did the special effect has brought to the film, as a narrative viewpoint and as a director viewpoint ?
SH. a clear vision, a through design that is impossible to get with locations and too expensive to do with sets.

DZ. Your inspiration is taken root from other films or, on contrary, is an amelioration of certain scenes seen in other films (but no satisfied by these) ?
SH. No I think this film looks original. I certainly did not want to copy the best loved films of the genre, Aliens, Star Wars, Bladerunner etc/

DZ. About post-production, this movie has had a time of post-production a lot along, more than one year…
SH. Yes. 1800 shots takes time and we wanted to get it right.

DZ. What do you think about the cast? There is an actor who has been surprise to you like intensity of performance, in the context of the movie?
SH. Thomas and Ron are the stars of this movie, they are just amazing actors and genuinely lovely people.

DZ. Which part of the movie, do you are very proud of in the directing? Best moment during the project?
SH. the finale in the 'machine' the necromachina.

DZ. This is THE QUESTION! Ok, many fans are… really angry, because in the movie there aren't monsters, big shoulder pads, there isn't Cybertronic, and the background of the Chronicles seem to be different from that we have known and loved. What can you say about all this?
SH. There are no creatures and big shoulder pads because on the budget we had they would have looked terrible, we could not have done creatures well so we decided to stick to things we were good at. We have freshened up the Mutants world. I really hope the fans love the movie, if they don't then maybe they will like the other movies we intend to make. Cybertronic isn't there because it does not focus in our story. We cannot cover everything. I am sure it will be there in MC2 if it happens.

DZ. Do you think that will be a MC2?
SH. If MC1 does well.

DZ. Do you hope to be director of this new movie?
SH. just finished this one - time for a break!

DZ. And for when it will be release?
SH. no idea - sorry.

DZ. Ok, say us something about the soundtrack.
SH. excellent - 70 minutes of the best film scoring you could imagine.

DZ. If there are derived products planned from the movie at his knowledge (comics from Black Horse or Panini Comics rumor by example) ?
SH. no idea - sorry.

DZ. Well, last question, but first in importance: about release date?
SH. up to the distributors in each country - I will keep you posted.

DZ. Ok, many thank's, Simon. Of course, all we will see this movie, with all the faith that we carry from more than ten years.
SH. thank you Fabio, I hope you guys enjoy the movie, but please understand that Philip and i want to get a new group of people to explore the MC world. Too much detail about the world is dull and many game adaptations suffer from this. If you want a fun 100 minute movie with some laughs and jumps then MC is for you!

From Paradox:
A trailer for the movie will be made by the American distributor, which is
what we're looking for now.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0490181/board/flat/97559372

Thanks for posting that Electrix.:up:
1800 visual effects shots? For such a relatively low budget movie that's an awful lot.:wow:
It's not far off now. But from what I've read, it's all up to the producers now.
Good. It's about time.:o

Every time this thread is bumped i hope the trailer has arrived.:csad:

you and me both.....
then again i should hate myself for bumping.

is there a date on the trailer for this?

is it one of 'those' movies like 'run fatboy run' where it get delayed again and again?

In the banner shaped pic, who is that to the left and slightly behind Tom Jane? Reminds me of Vincent D'Onofrio.

Like the cast, Perlman and Malkovich in the same film...I hope they fight it out or have some confrontational scenes.

Still no trailer and release date yet but here's a new poster.

poster3nn8.jpg

http://www.film.ru/afisha/poster.asp?code=MUTNT&number=3

Nice. Very nice. :up: I can't wait for a trailer.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/875/875293p1.html

Cannes 08: The Mutant Chronicles Review

Hellboy and the Punisher can't save the silliest film we've seen at Cannes thus far.

by Chris Tilly, IGN UK

B2811797;sz=1x1;ord=circgrn,bedhczshejqgk
Type=count&ClientType=2&AdID=95165&FlightID=86543&TargetID=15112&EntityDefResetFlag=0&Segments=1,9,166,347,348,1931,2092,2863,3494,3943,3975,3982,4170,4185,4834,4951,5015,5036,5497,5527,5638,5718,5727,5736,5792,6501,6650,6671,6701,7752,8587,8641,9208,9443,10324,10820,11565,11754,12248,12410&Targets=6743,7697,10619,11620,15112,15384&Values=25,30,46,50,60,72,82,92,100,110,150,152,218,225,227,236,268,459,1188,1404,1481,1503,1591,1823,2679,2680,2690,2721,3887,4056,4295,4525,4791,4799,5999,6343,6612,6623,8051,8152,9113&RawValues=&random=circgrn,bedhczshejqgk

UK, May 20, 2008 - A science-fiction epic set 300 years in the future, The Mutant Chronicles is by far the silliest film I've seen at the festival thus far. Kicking off with scene-after-seen of exposition (never a good thing in an a action pic), the film takes place on a near post apocalyptic Earth which has been decimated by decades of war and pollution. Four giant corporations now control the planet, and their actions awaken a malevolent evil from the underworld (though how, I'm still not quite sure).

The result is that an army of mutant demons spring forth from the ground, hell-bent on wiping out what is left of man. And that's just the first 15 minutes.

The rest of the film sees a monk (Ron Perlman) and a soldier (Thomas Jane) assembling a crack team of commandoes to travel into the heart of darkness to destroy the machine that is spewing forth said mutants.

It's ridiculous stuff, and unfortunately the dialogue and visuals do little to help matters. Perlman and Jane battle valiantly with the script, but their clunky words provide more than a few instances of unintentional hilarity; it's a wonder they kept straight faces throughout the shoot.

the-mutant-chronicles-20080520074051193.jpg
Thomas Jane may wish he'd never read the Mutant Chronicles.

The computer-generated backgrounds are also a disappointment. Much like Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, this monochrome vision of the future appears dull, lifeless and unengaging, and for much of the time it's so dark that you can barely make out what's going on.

That's not to say the film is a total disaster. There are some fun set pieces – an exhilarating parachute drop and a battle in a makeshift lift shaft immediately spring to mind – but they are few and far between in a film that seems criminally overlong at 100 minutes.

The result is a hotchpotch of concepts and ideas, many of which have been done better elsewhere, most notably the rabid mutant marauders of 28 Weeks Laterand the post apocalyptic "men on a mission" of Doomsday. And what John Malkovich is doing in such tosh is anyone's guess!

I did. :csad:

When I first read about this project I thought the idea was intriguing. After pouring through content released onto the 'Net and viewing the early test clip I started drawing comparisons with Resident Evil... :dry:

I'm still going to wait for a trailer before I write it off.

If it is a bit silly, it could be the next big cult film.

I love "cult films" simply because their usually fun at least.

I'm going to give it a chance...mainly because it's a movie with Jane, Perlman and Malkovich.

Thanks hunter.
This doesn't sound too promising.:(
I'm still going to wait for a trailer before I write it off.

If it is a bit silly, it could be the next big cult film.

I love "cult films" simply because their usually fun at least.

I'm going to give it a chance...mainly because it's a movie with Jane, Perlman and Malkovich.
Same here but after reading that review i can see why they're having difficulties finding distributors.

Thomas Jane. RAW Exclusive. :p

Great poster. Makes me want a teaser even more.

The movie will have a screening at SDCC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"