The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Ah yes...the 60's when domestic abuse against women was just a normal thing.

So true...

superman-has-a-spanking-robot.jpg

batman%2Bspanking.jpg

Natalie Portman was horrible in Thor, and she's one of my favorite young talents. Yet, the writing and direction for her character was absolutely horrible. Hopefully they'll have a better script and director.

Natalie Portman was horrible in Thor, and she's one of my favorite young talents. Yet, the writing and direction for her character was absolutely horrible. Hopefully they'll have a better script and director.

While I don't agree that she was horrible, you should be happy to know that the people writing this film wrote the best female love interest in comic book movie history, Peggy Carter.

starting at 3:30, he says "certain actors are attached but not committed"
like with the rumours of Natalie being forced back for Thor 2 cause of her contract so maybe they're true? I don't know, it sure looks like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUBIoMjwjoI

How about we don't jump to conclusions based on spurious evidence. It could be referring to Josh Dallas who wanted to do it but couldn't get the schedule to work.

starting at 3:30, he says "certain actors are attached but not committed"
like with the rumours of Natalie being forced back for Thor 2 cause of her contract so maybe they're true? I don't know, it sure looks like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUBIoMjwjoI

He wasn't even talking about Thor at that point. He was specifically asked about what he's doing next and he says he's got some things in the pipline that arean't confirmed yet, then he explains how things generally work with movies. Scripts float around that aren't greenlit yet but have actors or directors "attached but not committed".

You see it often up in the Misc. Films sub-forum, "Actor A attached to film Y", then after several months go by Actor A pulls out or is replaced for whatever reason & the movie gets made with someone else.

Nothing to do with Portman/Thor.

Last edited:
And the context of his remarks was about the film industry in general. He wasn't even talking about *any* particular film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe at that point in the interview.

So no, those remarks from Hiddleston do not really support such an assertion.

(oops! Sorry Moridin, I guess we worked on our posts at the same time. Didn't mean to duplicate your post!)

I think people are gonna like Jane a lot more in this one than in the first one.

Tough. I'd rather see a badass independant Sif than one who cries and whines about Thor all the time. Thor/Jane saves Sif.

Why would Sif cease to be badass if she got with Thor? Likewise, why would she be crying and whining about him all the time if she did?

Those are things which would stem from bad characterization, not simply because she was in a relationship with Thor.

I do wonder though, what if the film does end with Thor and Jane staying in Asgard together? how would people feel if the MCU took a different route from the comics where in this version, Jane does end up with Thor?

I do wonder though, what if the film does end with Thor and Jane staying in Asgard together? how would people feel if the MCU took a different route from the comics where in this version, Jane does end up with Thor?

Then they need to introduce Beta Ray Bill, post haste. :woot:

Tough. I'd rather see a badass independant Sif than one who cries and whines about Thor all the time. Thor/Jane saves Sif.

I've said it 2000 times. For me personally, it's worth the annoying Sif. I don't like Natalie Portman. On top of that, I think she was incredibly annoying in Thor, and is the one thing I dread about this film. Anything to get her out, I'd support lol

I do wonder how that would work out...Jane staying with him in Asgard. Would she turn the focus of her science to studying the "magic" of Asgard? What would she do? Obviously with Sif, we've seen that other female roles are possible but then Thor did mention that he was "supportive" of Sif which means that most Asgardians are still old-fashioned in how they think a woman or queen should behave.

I don't think Jane would stay in Asgard, she's the main connection he has to earth.

I think this has a better chance of her realizing her place is on Earth and them breaking up then her staying with him.

She's FLYING! (look, thor....i can see my house from here)

On another note, that Jesus Christ pose got me wondering if we'll see her get an Asgardian-style death and resurrection. All signs in the trailer do point towards her being, toast, yes; but a lot of people are also advancing the theory that Thor goes to Loki for help in bringing her back from the dead, quite literally.

I'm wondering now if the mystery casting for Alice Krige *does* put her as Hela, and if a dead Jane actually goes to Hela's realm. There's a very brief scene from the trailer that shows Thor and Loki trudging across the frozen tundra with a figure in rags we only see from behind. My theory is that it's Jane, and she's a literal walking corpse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"