• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Negative Reaction Thread

but this isn't some japanese bubble gum crises, it's gi joe. the real american hero. duke and the joes should be like a slightly less violent rambo, not some robo power ranger wannabe.

OK... I get that..... do you know what Transformers had equally horrible concepts that made everyone cringe.

hmmm...lets see,,, Opti-mouth Prime had everyone cursing Bay and Running for Cover.

People HATED the idea that Bumbble was not going to be a bug.... because Bay thought it would be too much like Herbie.... and then, he goes and takes away Bumbles voice.

I was one of those people, and ya know what... Bay made it work. Give Steven a chance.

OK... I get that..... do you know what Transformers had equally horrible concepts that made everyone cringe.

hmmm...lets see,,, Opti-mouth Prime had everyone cursing Bay and Running for Cover.

People HATED the idea that Bumbble was not going to be a bug.... because Bay thought it would be too much like Herbie.... and then, he goes and takes away Bumbles voice.

I was one of those people, and ya know what... Bay made it work. Give Steven a chance.

i did. i thoought this movie was going to be as good as the 07 transformers. if not better.

...until i saw the last trailer w/ the joes jumping around in they're robo suits. it just looked so fake. and it kinda set the tone for what i'm expecting the rest of this movie to be like. unrealistic. and trying to be more fun than it actually is.

i hopt the movie's @least as good as the 1st or 2nd mummy, cuz if it ain't i'll be pissed.

if the movie ends up goin for a more james bond-ish/ global conspiracy feel than the trailers let on, there's still hope. but right now the action looks so stupid, and my faith in this movie is kinda to the point where I'm just gonna wait 4 the dvd.

....you know, i just had a thought that if the scene in the trailer where they're jmping in slo-mo is the only 1 of it's kind (the onloy scene w/ the fake looking slomo jumping around) than this movie might still be pretty good.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Ripcord being black but why did they have to pick a Wayans brother? Haven't they polluted movies for long enough?

I will give Marlon some credit for turning out a good performance in Requiem for a Dream, but let's face it... Stephen Sommers is NOT Darren Aronofsky.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Ripcord being black but why did they have to pick a Wayans brother? Haven't they polluted movies for long enough?

I will give Marlon some credit for turning out a good performance in Requiem for a Dream, but let's face it... Stephen Sommers is NOT Darren Aronofsky.

excatly

Isn't it obvious why he was cast? They wanted a certain kind of energy for Ripcord, and they thought Marlon Wayans could provide that. Now, whether or not that ends up being a good thing remains to be seen.

anybody who was in white chicks does not get the benefit of my doubt

No one associated with White Chicks should be allowed to do anything serious EVER

My thoughts exactly. It makes me wonder just what you have to do in Hollywood to be deemed cinematic anthrax. I mean, they're still letting talentless idiots like Marlon Wayans and his stupid brother make mainstream movies after eyerape like "White Chicks" and yet once-decent actors like Judd Nelson and C. Thomas Howell have been relegated to making movies for The Asylum. It's baffling.

Maybe they are holding back ALOT of footage..
remember the trailers of Transformers [2007]? It didnt really show much of the robots.. just a head, a mechanical scorpion flying out of the sand... U couldnt really see most of the robots until u went to the cinemas. Thats my impression and prediction

and yes, the robo-suit slo-mo flying thing is corny...

It makes me wonder just what you have to do in Hollywood to be deemed cinematic anthrax.

Stop making money for studios.

i did. i thoought this movie was going to be as good as the 07 transformers. if not better.

...until i saw the last trailer w/ the joes jumping around in they're robo suits. it just looked so fake. and it kinda set the tone for what i'm expecting the rest of this movie to be like. unrealistic. and trying to be more fun than it actually is.

i hopt the movie's @least as good as the 1st or 2nd mummy, cuz if it ain't i'll be pissed.

if the movie ends up goin for a more james bond-ish/ global conspiracy feel than the trailers let on, there's still hope. but right now the action looks so stupid, and my faith in this movie is kinda to the point where I'm just gonna wait 4 the dvd.

Can you really say you gave the movie a chance when it's not even out yet?

This movie mat be worst than Dragonball Evolution... 8(
Of course i hope it will not, but Robo-suits that accelate YOU???!!!
I hope thats not the climax of the film

1.Robo suits

2.Stephen Sommers

:o :cmad: :o

You know what else?
Duke and Ripcord are going to be the heroes in the movie while the other Joes take a big back seat!!

And they are going to fight only in the accelerator suits....

Giving SE a mouth really killed it for me.

I guess they figured that they gave OP a moth in TF1, and the fans accepted it, so we'd do the same with SE. Only thing is is that SE doesn't really talk or show emotion.

he has a mouth here

Yup. Prior to this movie, I had seen plenty of SE-with-a-mouth images. That doesn't mean its something that I like, but we can't say its an invention of the filmmakers, either.

in this art the cloth is so thin that you can see the mouth under the mask. in the movie the mask is not so thin. but i just waned to show that it was visible in the movie.

i wouldnt show it .

Was wondering if anyone had read the script for this film?

I just want to know how much those enhancement suits are in the film. If they have the members of G.I. Joe in those the majority of the film that is going to be a huge disappointment.

I have. They're in essentially one scene.

I have. They're in essentially one scene.

So the majority of the film is more like the show with the actual good guys having shoot outs with the bad guys more or less?Just wondering because my best friend and gf think the power suits are(in their words)"****ing stupid". I don't want to have to see this by myself in the theatre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"