The New "It" Man of 2013 - Who Will Hollywood Try & Shove Down Our Throats?

Renner has got that blue collar look, but ultimately is more intriguing as a psycho. He definitely needs to do more villain work.

the new it boy for 2013 will be henry cavil after man of steel blows up

Jeremy Renner is a lot like Karl Urban--for some reason they just don't quite manage to turn into big action movie stars despite being in quite a few big-budget roles (Urban has been in LOTR and Star Trek in fairly major roles as well as numerous other movies but ends up inevitably playing second fiddle to a slightly bigger action movie star). Renner did at least get a lead role--but who knows if for the sequels they'll be sticking Matt Damon back into them?

And here I thought I was the only one who never really got Renner's appeal as a leading man. :hehe: I mean, he's a good actor and all but I just can't see why he's being pushed by Hollywood to lead these franchises (rumored to take over Cruise for the MI franchise, the Bourne franchise, hyped to steal the show in The Avengers, etc.)

shooting scenes for the Mallick movie with Portman.
But I think also that the video was pointing out how Michael Fassbender is still unknown to the GA that even the commentator made the mistake thinking it was Danny Bonaduce.

Renner's at least got some academy nominations to his name. He brought the heat in the hurt locker and the town. I don't see him as star material per say but i think he's clearly a notch above most of the names being thrown around in this thread

Renner is solid actor. I was fond of him in The Town and The Hurt Locker, but like many other posters before me have stated I don't view him as leading man material. That, and he seems to play the same character over and over again. Hawkeye, Hansel, Gamble and Cross all feel like the same character.

As long as he's got an interesting ensemble to bounce off of, I don't mind him.

I like Renner, but he's rapidly becoming the new Michael Biehn with his choice of film roles.

I like Renner, but he's rapidly becoming the new Michael Biehn with his choice of film roles.
Ouch! :wow:, I hope that doesn't happen to poor Renner.

In regards to Michael Beihn back when he was starting in the 80's there was no internet, no TMZ, no facebook, so there was no Hollywood buzz going on about him unless you were featured on a Barbara Walters special.

If he were to start his career today he might've gotten some buzz.

Renner is interesting but he has hardly been shoved down our throats, hell he was in Angel he's been around a bit.

Actually, I think that's an appropriate comparison. He's getting the roles Michael Beihn was getting in the 80's and early 90's.

Can you really be the it actor without being known without having done any movie that was seen or liked by anybody?

Renner is solid actor. I was fond of him in The Town and The Hurt Locker, but like many other posters before me have stated I don't view him as leading man material. That, and he seems to play the same character over and over again. Hawkeye, Hansel, Gamble and Cross all feel like the same character.
"Dahmer", his breakthrough role was quite different than the ones you mentioned. I think he is a much better actor than Biehn, but it's true he might be more supporting character than leading man material, and there is nothing wrong with that. He also can lead a movie imo, depending on the right project for him. In The Town I thought he had the volatility and energy of a young James Cagney. I guess time will tell if he is that good or not.

Armie Hammer
I think Armie Hammer. He seems like the kind of Guy Hollywood would love to turn into a leading man. If Lone Ranger makes alot money I expect he will be push as the new 'IT' guy
I don't think guys like Cumberbatch and JGL really fit into this type of category. They've been putting together solid resumes for years and so having a big breakout year isn't really a shocker.

This title is reserved for guys like Pettyfer and Worthington who were in hardly anything (or in Worthington's case, a bunch of crap hardly anybody saw) and then some genius in Hollywood said, "DURRRR LET'S MAKE A STAAAAAAAAR OUTTA THIS GUY!!!!"
I agree.

JGL and Cumberbatch are solid actors who have been working for over a decade.

Cumberbatch will get more supporting roles rather than leads I imagine. Its funny alot of people think he the guy is ugly because he has one of the strongest female fanbases of any actor around right now called the Cumber******.

JGL is already a leading man.

Basically Hollywood is looking for a guy that has the looks of a boy band member with the acting skills of a Shakesperian actor who can make girls wet and guys want in every franchise imaginable.

I'm pretty sure they're banking on Nicholas Hoult to do something. Jack the Giant Beater, Warm Bodies, and a possible role in Days of Future Past if he does something more with Beast, and he's only 23 to boot and has a clean slate, so to speak. I don't know what to think of him yet, in interviews he just seems like a regular 23 year old dude, not really deadpan nor is he really excitable.

I think Nicholas Hoult is another former child actor who will probably get solid acting roles but not be A-lister.

Most people either know him from playing Tony on Skins, being the kid from Hugh Grant film About A Boy or dating Jennifer Lawrence.

^i like hammer he has some range as an actor so that is a plus he played charming and comedic in mirror mirror,he was charismatic and an a hole in the social network,he was emotional and dramatic in j edgar,and now looks commanding and heroic in the lone ranger

he definitely will be a leading man with his looks,range,voice,and height

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"