The New Official Aquaman Thread

warren_sparta27

Sidekick
Reaction score
i couldnt see a thread about this already.
does anyone know who aquaman is oyl? is it Arthur Curry?
the preview i've seen of it looks great :)

The guy in the preview is called Arthur Curry. I don't know what that means, really, but Busiek said the current Aquaman will appear in the series again at some point. I hope the new guy isn't just the pre-Crisis Arthur or something.

It could just mean, by 'new character', that he has changed personality-wise. They do that a lot.

I guess that could be what Busiek meant when he said that the original would show up at some point. Amnesia's so lame, though...

I think he made a clone of himself from his severed hand using the magic from his new water hand. (If you recall the end last issue of Aquaman.)

Hmm, that's a possibility. I was wondering what Aquaman's visiting his hand in that issue was all about. Geist could probably have helped him whip up a clone in no time, too.

Geist's research is still in Sub Diego and Aquaman's not entirely stupid.

Is he smart enough to make a clone of himself using super science?

Maybe. Stranger things have happened in comics. He could've had help from someone else or used it in conjunction with his magic hand's healing properties.

hmm seriously though, I think the new AC in Aquaman has a lot to do with that hand. Either that or his son who found his way to the regular DCU from an alternate universe where he didn't get killed.

There's something I've been wondering: how many kids has Aquaman lost in the current continuity? I know Koryak just died, so that's one. I remember another son dying because of Black Manta, I think, so that's two. Did he also lose a kid when he lost his hand to Charybdis, or am I just getting things confused?

I thought he lost the kid when he lost the hand and Manta had something to do with it.

No, I'm 100% sure Charybdis is the one who took his hand because it's pretty memorable. He didn't intend for Aquaman to lose his hand; he was sure Aquaman would call the piranha off telepathically, unaware that Aquaman couldn't actually force marine animals to do things, just ask or coerce them. I don't remember if there was another plot with Black Manta and Aquaman's kid involved, though.

Is Garth not his kid?

No, but I think he adopted him or something.

TheCorpulent1 said:
No, I'm 100% sure Charybdis is the one who took his hand because it's pretty memorable. He didn't intend for Aquaman to lose his hand; he was sure Aquaman would call the piranha off telepathically, unaware that Aquaman couldn't actually force marine animals to do things, just ask or coerce them. I don't remember if there was another plot with Black Manta and Aquaman's kid involved, though.

Well, we know Manta killed his kid, and apparently this Charybdis took his hand, so I would assume that the only time he lost a kid (Besides Koryak) was during the Manta thing.

Anubis said:
No, but I think he adopted him or something.
I don't think he officially adopted him under any law, either Atlantean or American or whatever, but he and Garth have had a big brother/little brother relationship for a long time. Garth was abandoned by his people at a young age, just like Orin was (only in Garth's case it was for having purple eyes instead of fair hair). They've been buds ever since, although their relationship since Garth changed his name to Tempest became a lot more competitive than it was before.

heh didnt aquamna kill manta in the last issue. that was so sweet. hey have you guys also notcied that catwoman(killed black mask),batman(killed or severely injured todd),aquaman(killed manta),and womderowman(killed max lord) had to kill someone before the oyl jump.

Whether Aquaman killed Black Manta is left as ambiguous as whether Batman killed Jason Todd. My guess is that he didn't.

Bats didn't kill Jason todd. Or even try to. He cut him, but he didn't kill him.

A cut to the throat is life-threatening no matter how careful you are. I don't think Batman killed Jason either, but my point was that it's still ambiguous about whether Aquaman killed Black Manta.

I have to agree with the majority this Aquaman is probally connected to Arthur's skelton hand. Would be nice if he was Arthur jr, but his death added a great deal depth to Aquaman.

TheCorpulent1 said:
A cut to the throat is life-threatening no matter how careful you are. I don't think Batman killed Jason either, but my point was that it's still ambiguous about whether Aquaman killed Black Manta.

what do you mean, the sharks were eating him. i doubt they were giving him hugs and kisses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"