• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The NEW OFFICIAL Green Arrow Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was a civilian. Her name was Joanna Pierce. Winick retconned Black Lightning to not be an only child with her creation.

oh. i must have missed that issue.

I agree, it wasn't cheating. It was still kind of despicable, though. He claims to want Dinah back, but instead of showing that he's a changed man and can be the sort of man she wants, he falls back into his old habits and ****s the first young thing that comes along.

i'd have to look at the circumstances, but if dinah made it clear that she didn't want to hook back up with him after his resurrection, then i don't think it was that big of a deal that he had sex with other women, especially if dinah was dating dr. mid-nite. it doesn't make him unfaithful, just human.

Again, not saying it made him unfaithful, just a bit of a dick. There are men out there who can keep it in their pants for weeks or even months at a time, even when they're not actively pursuing a relationship with someone. Crazy, I know, but I swear it's true. They've done tests or something.

Again, not saying it made him unfaithful, just a bit of a dick. There are men out there who can keep it in their pants for weeks or even months at a time, even when they're not actively pursuing a relationship with someone. Crazy, I know, but I swear it's true. They've done tests or something.

now you're just being condescending. i'm sure we've already beat this subject to death, but why stop now? let's run through the situation:

- ollie dies and comes back to life
- ollie tries to get back with his one true love, dinah
- ollie gets rebuffed by dinah
- having no firm commitment to dinah, our resurrected hero rebounds and borks (yes, i said borks) a couple of women

if you came back from the dead younger and healthier than ever, wouldn't you want to take advantage of one of life's true pleasures which you had been without for who knows how long? can you blame him? he's not made of stone.

are you seriously trying to take the moral highground on this? you expect a recently resurrected hornball to not take the opportunity to sleep with a couple of willing, beautiful women when he has no attachment to his former lover who just recently turned him away and who also happens to be involved in a romantic relationship with another man? get of your pedestal, dude.

I'm not trying to take anything, I'm just saying that if Ollie really wanted Dinah as much as he claimed he did, it doesn't help his case to have affairs with married women and his friends' extended families. I think it makes him look like a bit of a dick, but clearly you don't. That's cool.

Uh, did you all read the actual story about this?

Ollie was with Dinah when he slept with Joanna. Dinah wasn't involved with Mid-Nite; that had been over for a long time. Dinah never rebuffed Ollie in any way prior to him sleeping with Joanna. Only one arc before, Ollie had considered marrying Dinah.

So, yes, Ollie cheated on Dinah when they were in the middle of a monogamous, ongoing relationship.

I'm not trying to take anything, I'm just saying that if Ollie really wanted Dinah as much as he claimed he did, it doesn't help his case to have affairs with married women and his friends' extended families. I think it makes him look like a bit of a dick, but clearly you don't. That's cool.

i see your point, but he tried to get back with her and was turned away. if she can't get past his old ways and accept him back into her life after he was literally reborn and wanted a second chance, then that's her problem. i'm sure it was a case of him either rebounding or saying, "**** it, i might as well not let my magic wang go to waste." if she had said she needed time and would think about it, yeah, then i could understand your point, but she turned him down for dr. mid-nite, didn't she?

whatever. ollie was a ***** marauder but has since reformed and proven he's gone through some emotional development and no longer thinks only of himself. i'm happy for him and dinah.

Uh, did you all read the actual story about this?

Ollie was with Dinah when he slept with Joanna. Dinah wasn't involved with Mid-Nite; that had been over for a long time. Dinah never rebuffed Ollie in any way prior to him sleeping with Joanna. Only one arc before, Ollie had considered marrying Dinah.

So, yes, Ollie cheated on Dinah when they were in the middle of a monogamous, ongoing relationship.

can you tell me which issues this occurred in? i've read "quiver", "the sounds of violence" and "archer's quest", but don't recall ollie being with dinah or sleeping with joanna in those arcs. wasn't dinah with mid-nite during archer's quest?

sinewave said:
can you tell me which issues this occurred in? i've read "quiver", "the sounds of violence" and "archer's quest", but don't recall ollie being with dinah or sleeping with joanna in those arcs. wasn't dinah with mid-nite during archer's quest?
Dinah was not with Doctor Mid-Nite during Archer's Quest as far as I recall, unless it were stated so in a book other than Green Arrow. There was nothing in the GA series which would suggest that Dinah and Ollie weren't monogamous. The actual act of sleeping with Joanna while he was still with Dinah occurred after the events of "Archer's Quest." Immediately after, in fact, in an arc entitled "Straight Shooter."

Yeah, I hate not being able to check my comics at work. :o
I have mine committed to memory:otto:.

It was in Winicks first Arc.. the day after Ollie ****s Joanna, Drakon killes her..

The reason Ollie and Dinah brake up later is because Ollie is so ashamed about cheating that he distance himself from Dinah , and Dinah then braked up with him..

it all kinda makes sense .. Dinah didnt want to brake up.. she just wanted him to be there.. but he let it happen, and that made her pissed off...

Dinah was not with Doctor Mid-Nite during Archer's Quest as far as I recall, unless it were stated so in a book other than Green Arrow. There was nothing in the GA series which would suggest that Dinah and Ollie weren't monogamous. The actual act of sleeping with Joanna while he was still with Dinah occurred after the events of "Archer's Quest." Immediately after, in fact, in an arc entitled "Straight Shooter."

i'll check out archer's quest and straight shooter when i get home. which book was it when mid-nite and ollie were bickering back and forth while on a stake-out with dinah? i remember ollie making some crack like "man, you really are blind" when mid-nite said something about not all politicians being corrupt and then dinah breaking them up. they (dinah and mid-nite) were dating at that time. maybe it was in jsa. there was nothing suggesting they were monogamous, either.

It was in Winicks first Arc.. the day after Ollie ****s Joanna, Drakon killes her..

The reason Ollie and Dinah brake up later is because Ollie is so ashamed about cheating that he distance himself from Dinah , and Dinah then braked up with him..

it all kinda makes sense .. Dinah didnt want to brake up.. she just wanted him to be there.. but he let it happen, and that made her pissed off...

if that's true, i take back everything i said. i still think he's proven himself to have matured immensely over the last couple of years. i bet having mia and connor around is a huge part of that.

i'll check out archer's quest and straight shooter when i get home. which book was it when mid-nite and ollie were bickering back and forth while on a stake-out with dinah? i remember ollie making some crack like "man, you really are blind" when mid-nite said something about not all politicians being corrupt and then dinah breaking them up. they (dinah and mid-nite) were dating at that time. maybe it was in jsa. there was nothing suggesting they were monogamous, either.
That would have occurred in the JLA/JSA Crossover, "Virtue and Vice." I don't recall a single thing in there suggesting that Dinah and Pieter were together in that series, though it's possible there was some weird subtle hint or something.

Committed! To! Memory!

That would have occurred in the JLA/JSA Crossover, "Virtue and Vice." I don't recall a single thing in there suggesting that Dinah and Pieter were together in that series, though it's possible there was some weird subtle hint or something.

Committed! To! Memory!

thanks. i'll look that up also.

if that's true, i take back everything i said. i still think he's proven himself to have matured immensely over the last couple of years. i bet having mia and connor around is a huge part of that.
hey.. Green arrow #40.. read it sometime..

Dinah and Pieter were only mentioned to be dating in JSA's earlier arcs, as far as I know.

Dinah and Pieter were only mentioned to be dating in JSA's earlier arcs, as far as I know.

i think they were dating in virtue and vice, but i'll have to re-read it to be sure. i wonder where that story fits into the continuity in ga's book.

You'd probably just have to look at where GA's comics were when Virtue and Vice was published.

well, i looked it up in virtue and vice and brianwilly was right, it doesn't appear that mid-nite and canary were dating at that time, which would have been around the time of the sounds of violence story. i wasn't able to find the issue when ollie screwed joanne because i don't think i have any issues from that arc. it must have happened between archer's quest and issue 32, because that's the first individual issue of green arrow i have. i'll have to track those down. anywho, i was wrong. oliie and dinah were dating when he screwed joanne so he definitely cheated on her. my apologies to corp. you guys know you ****, especially brianwilly with that freakish memory of his. :) thanks for the education, guys. i'm truly humbled.

Well, I'm glad the matter of Ollie's cheating is settled either way.

So what do we think or know will happen with Connor once the title becomes GA and BC? Will it just be a huge Team Arrow, or will Connor and Ollie continue to patrol together cos Dinah is JLA nowadays so will be more of them together homelife style and not so much on the streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"