• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The NEW OFFICIAL Green Arrow Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks. I'm really enjoying this series. Let's just hope the rest of the Y1s are as good.

Question. After Green Arrow and Black Canary get married, what are they going to do regarding a Green Arrow ongoing? Are we going to get one? Will it be a Green Arrow/Black Canary book in the vein of the old Green Lantern/Green Arrow books? Cause right now, I feel sort of empty without a GA ongoing...sure, Year One has been awesome, but you know, it's just not the same...

So, who didn't expect this with Black Canary/Green Arrow? Heck, I pretty much called it down to the details. Sin[blackout]'s death is faked[/blackout] and Dinah [blackout]accepts, no matter how ridiculous that is after what she's just been told. They could've easily segued into a "a month later" at least.[/blackout]

So, who didn't expect this with Black Canary/Green Arrow? Heck, I pretty much called it down to the details. Sin[blackout]'s death is faked[/blackout] and Dinah [blackout]accepts, no matter how ridiculous that is after what she's just been told. They could've easily segued into a "a month later" at least.[/blackout]

Yeah, [blackout]after seeing the cover for BC #4 , I immediately said to myself "I call bull****". There's just no way they would have gone through with killing a little girl.[/blackout]. And with Dinah [blackout]accepting, I don't know, I've always kind of felt that she's such a dunce for taking him back, no matter how reformed he is[/blackout]

It's both sad and gratifying to know that I called the events in this issue before the first issue even came out. I wonder if I'll be right about the suckiness of the wedding itself as well. I'm guessing yes.

It'd take a miracle for the wedding not to suck, so don't change your name to Nostradamus Jr. just yet.

EVERYONE called it.. we all knew what was going to happen.. and if it had happen any other way people would never except the wedding

Beyond the fact I have trouble accepting the wedding as it is, this certainly didn't help it any. Dinah's reasoning, although valid, makes no sense on the spot, as she's just heard Ollie basically ****ed with her mind. His motivation, although noble, wouldn't really be relevant to any normal person.

And beyond that, I would've been a lot more accepting if they had just kept Sin instead of pussying out and basically destroying Gail Simone's work on Dinah's character. "I'd best just roll over and take it" seems to be the idea behind Black Canary's reasoning here. As another fan said, Simone's Dinah would've given Ollie a kick in the nuts for what he did.

That's my whole problem with the wedding in general. Simone spent years building Black Canary up as a strong, capable person all on her own, and now the wedding makes her seem weaker given how much emotional distress Ollie has caused her in the past.

in all fairness, ollie has died and come back to life since they were together last. that had to have had an effect on him and dinah's view of him. he's obviously not the same person and appears to really have turned a new leaf. sure, he's still an egotistical prick, but it appears that he's a loyal egotistical prick now. that was really dinah's biggest problem with him; his lack of loyalty and his selfishness. those problems seem to be in the past now. if the passion is still there between them, combined with their history and new roles within the dcu, i can buy the wedding at this point.

as two of my favorite dc characters, i'm just happy they're in the spotlight for once.

Manitou Raven's wife and didn't he also have a fling with Black Lightning's niece? I'm not sure which of the two is the actual "cheat" so to speak, but they're the two women I recall Ollie sleeping with in the recent past.

The one with Black Lightning's niece was the cheating episode. I don't think he and Dinah were together when he ****ed Dawn. That was just Dawn cheating on her significant other.

yeah, i didn't think ollie and dinah ever got back together after his resurrection.

Didn't they agree to give it another try when the Black Lightning's niece incident happened? Either way, both of those incidents are still kind of low for Ollie, since he made it pretty clear that he wanted to get back together with Dinah after being resurrected. It's not like either of them were serious relationships like Dinah had with Dr. Mid-Nite, either. He wanted Dinah but he just decided to give Dawn and Black Lightning's niece the ol' ****-&-run for the heck of it.

Didn't they agree to give it another try when the Black Lightning's niece incident happened? Either way, both of those incidents are still kind of low for Ollie, since he made it pretty clear that he wanted to get back together with Dinah after being resurrected. It's not like either of them were serious relationships like Dinah had with Dr. Mid-Nite, either. He wanted Dinah but he just decided to give Dawn and Black Lightning's niece the ol' ****-&-run for the heck of it.

i can't remember. i don't even recall him sleeping with thunder. was that in the green arrow title or another book?

if they weren't together, regardless of whether he wanted her back, i still don't consider it cheating. if she was with dr. mid-nite then she's just as guilty of promiscuity as he is. ollie's always been a poon-hound, so sleeping around while he's not in an active relationship doesn't sound that bad. is he suppose to stay celibate the whole time he's pining over dinah?

He never slept with Thunder. She's Black Lightning's daughter. Ollie slept with Black Lightning's niece in his own comic.

He never slept with Thunder. She's Black Lightning's daughter. Ollie slept with Black Lightning's niece in his own comic.

i updated my post above since you updated yours.

who's BL's niece? is she just a civilian or a hero?

i updated my post above since you updated yours.

who's BL's niece? is she just a civilian or a hero?
She was a civilian. Her name was Joanna Pierce. Winick retconned Black Lightning to not be an only child with her creation.
i can't remember. i don't even recall him sleeping with thunder. was that in the green arrow title or another book?

if they weren't together, regardless of whether he wanted her back, i still don't consider it cheating. if she was with dr. mid-nite then she's just as guilty of promiscuity as he is. ollie's always been a poon-hound, so sleeping around while he's not in an active relationship doesn't sound that bad. is he suppose to stay celibate the whole time he's pining over dinah?
I agree, it wasn't cheating. It was still kind of despicable, though. I don't know about staying celibate, but generally if you want someone back as much as Ollie said he wanted Dinah, you don't really want to sleep around with every other woman in the world. Instead of showing Dinah that he's a changed man and can be the sort of man she wants, he falls back into his old habits and ****s the first young thing that comes along--in a move that actually had her cheating on her husband, no less. Being the other man isn't exactly attractive if you're looking for a serious relationship with a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"