The New Ultimate DC RPG: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'll get a post up for Red Hood and Babs tomorrow. Been busy with Thanksgiving and school for the last week or so.

Of all the **** I misspell and get wrong, you harp on that!

. Application .

. THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG .
Character Application

.Screen name:

In2Minds

.Character you wish to portray:

Nathaniel "Nate" Adams AKA Captain Atom
.Hero, villain, or walking the line?:

Walking the Line

.Powers and physical attributes:

Invulnerability due to metallic skin, Manipulation of Quantum Field energy for superhuman strength, speed and endurance, flight, durability, time-travel, energy blasts, techno-interface, minor atomic transmutation, and huge energy absorption.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):

A captain in the USAF for 6 years, Adams had an exemplary combat record, serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was hailed as one of the USA's best pilots until his jet was shot down over enemy territory, severely wounded, Adams career was quite literally shot down in flames. Still with a burning desire to serve his country he wallowed in self pity for months until he was approached by Amanda Waller and General Wade Eiling and offered a place in the test phase of the classifed Project Nucleus. A project which if successful would make Nathaniel more than a match for any of Earth's greatest heroes, granting Adams powers far beyond anything her ever dreamed possible. Joining with the New Task Force X, he is charged by Eiling and Waller to “protect the interest of the US and her Allies” From anything that may threaten America, Including its own Heroes.

.The burning question - Why this character?:

Ever since i saw the beatdown Atom handed Superman in the Justice League Cartoon i've been fasinated by the character, he can basically kill superman if he wanted to due to his control over Red Sun and possibly all types of Kyptonite raditation and to be honest any man who can make the Big Blue Boyscout bleed is most
definitelya winner in my book :D

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?:

interms of orgin story i think i've laid that out, i wanted to merge the actual DC continuity but also bring in my own influcences and update Atom for the current social climate.

In terms of character I want my Atom to be conflicted, he's slightly bitter due to the loss of the one thing that gave him purpose, his US Air Force Career, which of course Waller and Eiling manipulated in order for them to have a walking weapon to combat what they percieve as a threat. He is a soldier, he is given orders and he gets them done, but that does not mean he enjoys carrying them out, he idolises Superman but will not hesitate to take him out if given the order.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?:

I believe I can take one of the background players in the DC universe and make him into a major player, i would love to watch Atom evolve and mature and hopefully cast off Waller and Task Force X sooner or later siding with the Heroes, but not before a couple of throwdowns with the Man of Steel.

Admitedly i do not know much about Capt. Atom in terms of the comics and my only real exposure to him comes from the JL Cartoon but i feel this will give me alot more breathing room in which to create my own vision of the character.

.Provide a sample post as the character you wish to portray, in three paragraphs or more:

Nate's hands flared a deep blood red, he clenched his fists and adopted a quick, loose fighting stance, bending at the knees slightly. “Back Down Superman” He began to slowly advance on his adversary, this was the part of the mission he was dreading, here stood his hero, the one man who made him think anything was possible and whose shining example was the driving force behind him when he applied to join the air force and “Captain Atom” had to be the one to take him out.

Waller and Eiling had always told him that this was his second chance, they could have offered these powers to anyone. All of those injured in the war would have signed on the dotted line just like him, just to be able to get back into action, although to be honest he preferred to work alone, part of him was disgusted with himself but he didn't dare let those two see it, they said he was safeguarding the flag and all that it stood for but here he was about to go toe to toe with the embodiment of Truth, Justice and the American way on a supposed order from the President himself.

He heard the slight cracking sound of his fingers as he dug them into his palms, forcing these conflicting emotions to the back of his head, closing his eyes for a second. He was a soldier first and soldiers never went against the chain of command, regardless of how he felt personally. “This is Red Sun radiation Superman, I don't want to kill you but if you present a threat to the ideals of my country I WILL take you out!” He glared into Superman's eyes, the fear he felt was buried beneath the surface, supplying him with a huge surge of adrenaline.

“So how's this gonna go down?”

.Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype?:

106009-112380-captain-atom_super.jpg

Indeedy doody ;)

May I suggest that you don't make posts in bolds. Other than that approved.

Awesome thanks catman :D

Can i bounce a couple of ideas around in here?

as you've proably seen i've had the idea of a New Task Force X but i wouldn't like Cap to be the only hero, i need another four allies which i'll come to after Cap visits Apokolips inc (which i think is awesome by the way XP).

If possible i'd like Bane to join (or rather Waller wants him to join :hehe:) as he can bring his strength and intellect to the table, once all five are assembled i'll discuss an epic plot with the team. if anyone else would like to join either PM me or just post an answer in here and we can hash out a plot over pms or something. :D

Last edited:
Awesome thanks catman :D

Can i bounce a couple of ideas around in here?

as you've proably seen i've had the idea of a New Task Force X but i wouldn't like Cap to be the only hero, i need another four allies which i'll come to after Cap visits Apokolips inc (which i think is awesome by the way XP).

If possible i'd like Bane to join (or rather Waller wants him to join :hehe:) as he can bring his strength and intellect to the table, once all five are assembled i'll discuss an epic plot with the team. if anyone else would like to join either PM me or just post an answer in here and we can hash out a plot over pms or something. :D

About Waller, you might want to talk to the guy who's playing Martian Manhunter, Batman. He currently has her working as Deputy Director of Cadmus and running two man special ops teams investigating and taking out rogue meta-humans. I'm sure he'd be able to work things out with you.

Bane's really got his own agendas going on for the foreseeable future. Sorry 'bout that.

no worries dude, thanks for replying anyway. I'll wait and see if anyone else applies

I very much agree. :o

I'd join In2Minds, but I don't like jumping into arcs with other people without fleshing out my own character. My introduction arc has been moving at a snail's pace due to school as well, so I'd bog down any teams. It's nice to see more people interested in playing characters not based in Gotham.

Last edited:
Cheers Trigger, I was wondering Since Scott is being messed around by Parademons in Apokolips Inc at the moment perhaps Cap could make a small appearance and we could hash out something that would bleed over into my Task Force X thing later on? I have plans for Cap but i don't want to just have him charge in and wreck what you have going on at the moment in your arc, pm me and we'll talk it out :D

Cheers Trigger, I was wondering Since Scott is being messed around by Parademons in Apokolips Inc at the moment perhaps Cap could make a small appearance and we could hash out something that would bleed over into my Task Force X thing later on? I have plans for Cap but i don't want to just have him charge in and wreck what you have going on at the moment in your arc, pm me and we'll talk it out :D

Will do.

I rescind my Deadshot Application as well as my first post. I don't feel like I did him justice, and I can't come up with future posts that work with the design I've come up with. Because I don't want to block anyone else from picking him up, I rescind the origin too - so as far as continuity is concerned, it's a blank slate.

That is all.

I have an idea for ultimate Bizarro but i'll have to talk to Jonny Blaze or Andy C about it before i post the application

You'd probably also wanna talk to Spike, since he's the one playing Superman.

ahhh far dos, alright then we can work things out in here, Also Trigger are you Going to roleplay as Desaad?

Last edited:
Finally got a new Atom post up and running...Batgirl & her are getting ready for a story arc which should be a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"