The Next Batman Director

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say go left field again and get another new up-and-comer just like Tim Burton and Chris Nolan...

That's what I want personally. Not some known director who we've listed several times on Hype.

I completely forgot one director I think could pull it off: Rian Johnson.

If I were designing a perfect movie, I'd probably tap Brad Bird to direct a new, somewhat pulpier Batman reboot. Never going to happen, though.

Fincher with Reznor soundtrack? They always work together now right?

Fincher with Reznor soundtrack? They always work together now right?
holy ****ing awesome collaboration , batman !

a batman movie with a trent reznor score directed by david fincher would be like something out of a dream.

I'm hoping for any of these: David Fincher, Darren Aronofsky, Ben Affleck (as long as he doesn't cast himself in it), Paul Thomas Anderson or Paul Greengrass.

I'd love to see PTA try a big budget type film. The fact that he has admiration for Nolan's trilogy and even stated that Nolan accomplished what everyone wants to by making something artistic, but still a big success with Batman makes me even more open to this idea. He even stated in the same Q & A that he would love to do a blockbuster given the chance. His films are always critically acclaimed, but they never make much money which may be why no blockbuster has looked at him. I think he would be a very interesting choice.

I'd be down with Affleck and I'd be fine with him casting himself in the film, just not as Bruce. I think he's a talented actor and has had very good performances in his directorial works, but I simply don't see him as Bruce.

Toro obviously could really do some cool things with the "freak" aspect of Batman's rogues. I think, because of Nolan's success, some of these bigger names might actually not be completely unlikely like they typically are with these comic book film wishlists.

Get me to direct :p

Bit of a tricky thought to figure out who should direct. Plenty of the directors listed in this thread have their strengths that would be fantastic but also their quirks that may not suit a Batman film. It will be a while before an announcement.

That's what I want personally. Not some known director who we've listed several times on Hype.

I'm with you guys on that one. I always thought it was pretty cool that for both Nolan and Burton, their third commercial film was a Batman movie and it was massive in comparison to their previous work.

I'd kind of like to see that tradition continue. Not that there isn't a plethora of talent out there that could do a good job. But I think it's important for the reboot to speak to a new generation, and a young director can be a key ingredient for that. We have to remember that we may not be seeing a solo Batman reboot for potentially 7 years. It's very possible the next director isn't even on our radar yet.

I have not seen Argo so I won't speak on that I hear it's good but God No to Affleck. Gone Baby Gone was awful and the town was bad. I'll also pass on Fincher. What has he shown to suggest he can do a successful superhero movie or action. His movies tend to drag

I have not seen Argo so I won't speak on that I hear it's good but God No to Affleck. Gone Baby Gone was awful and the town was bad. I'll also pass on Fincher. What has he shown to suggest he can do a successful superhero movie or action. His movies tend to drag

Dragon Tattoo, Seven?

You trolling right now?

I like Fincher and loved social network and seven, but not dragon tattoo. I still don't see how that just puts him in the wish list of batman. But seven was a great detective story so maybe batman could just take the place of pitts character.

You trolling right now?

Are you? Others have responded with either insight or reasons why I'm wrong even though it's my opinion. Quit trying to start stuff and either respond with insight or don't at all.

Cuaron, del Toro and Aronofsky (as long he doesn't do much with story) are my top 3.

think fight club.

what that ***** could do with joker and riddler based on that movie would be golden.

Are you? Others have responded with either insight or reasons why I'm wrong even though it's my opinion. Quit trying to start stuff and either respond with insight or don't at all.

Well considering you're the first person I've heard to ever dislike either movie. I also suggest you see Argo, probably the best movie of 2012. Affleck is a fine director.

Well considering you're the first person I've heard to ever dislike either movie. I also suggest you see Argo, probably the best movie of 2012. Affleck is a fine director.

Well that is your opinion. I don't think so at all.

I've been proven to now want to see Fincher. Seven was wonderful. That can easily be translated into a batman movie. I really want batman to be the worlds greatest detective in this next series. It's the best waycan fit in with the justice league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"