The Next Batman Director

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Kane52630, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeGenerate10

DeGenerate10 Br Ba

Well it should say something that you're in the minority on it

2. RustyCage

RustyCage Come what may..

Sold. :up: :up:

3. RustyCage

RustyCage Come what may..

Because the majority is always right. :oldrazz:

4. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

To the man in a cold sweat? :o

5. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

Life of Pi, Amour, Django Unchained, Zero Dark Thirty, The Master, Silver Linings Playbook, Moonrise Kingdom, Skyfall, and The Avengers are better films.

6. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

Argument is invalid, broski. :o

7. TheAQU4M4N

TheAQU4M4N K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Fincher or Vaughn.

8. cryptic name

cryptic name No Limits

Nothing in this world would make me happier than Del Toro doing a Batman flick. But Rian Johnson would also be interesting. I'll add Duncan Jones to the list as well. I could see him doing a real Blade Runner-esque take on Gotham City.

9. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

And I'm hoping Del Toro would cast Rob Kazinsky as Batman...had a hand in The Hobbit and Pacific Rim...third times a charm :D

10. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Jersey she used tone in Eastenders, Wow didn't knower made it in Hollywood. What's his American accent like?

There's a lot of great choices for director in here, I'd like Paul Greengrass, as I felt the tone of the Bourne's would work for Batman and I'd love Matt Damon as Jim Gordon.

11. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

It was decent in a Law and Order episode he was in. Sounded slightly like Karl Urban's Dredd voice lol You can see the scene on Dailymotion.

I can understand people not knowing much about him right now. But we Brits know he's a good actor :p

Come mid year though, with PR and the new True Blood season, everyone will get a good idea :up:

12. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

I just want to apologise for my ****ing iPad auto correct is a pain in the arse

13. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

That's cool lol

14. DACrowe

DACrowe Well-Known Member

I was right there with you until you listed a Saturday morning cartoon at the end.

15. hellblazer103

hellblazer103 Nasty Piece of Work

funny thing is, if there would ever be an adaptation one day of the original bob kane/bill finger batman stories, you know, the ones where he carries a gun and kills someone at the end of every issue, tarantino would be the perfect guy for the job. guy loves his tributes to oldschool cinema/oldschool pulp comics and crime stories, as well as revenge films. a movie based on the late 30's/early 40's batman would be right up his alley.

the batman of today, however ? not so much.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  16. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

I think Matthew Vaughn would make an amazing Batman film personally. He can do action, drama, character, emotion, and he has proven himself a very good director, I think he would be perfect.

17. hellblazer103

alex proyas would be pretty awesome.

although he hasn't made a very outstanding film since dark city it seems.

but the crow is still one of my favorite comic book movies. a batman movie with that visual/directing style would be fantastic.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  18. Tacit Ronin

Given a proper script (no Lindelof please) Ridley Scott could make a good Batman film, or at least one that is visually arresting. Can you imagine his take on Gotham? If it's even half as good as his Los Angles in Blade Runner it would be a marvel to behold.

19. hellblazer103

since his los angeles in blade runner was the inspiration for nolan's gotham in batman begins , i could see it working out pretty well :oldrazz:

20. Tacit Ronin

Well, yes, I know that. But Nolan doesn't have one tenth the visual eye of old Ridley. Scott is a trained painter, and it shows, even in his worst films. Which is why I think Scott can frame a Gotham that blows away BB's Gotham even if he were to use a similar art direction.

21. Tequilla

Tequilla Well-Known Member

Ridley's great eyes haven't helped him the last 30 years....no matter how great looking they were (and some of them , especially in contemporary settings , where nowhere near as good as Riddley's done when younger).

And after watching the prometheus doc , i kinda lost faith that i will actually ever see again a good Ridley Scott film. I'l just have to appreciate his 77-85 run.

I dont think any established director in US industry , wants to work in big franchises , and more specifically superhero movies.

Young blood is the way to go in these sort of projects.

22. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Ridley was born just around the corner from where I live...BUT PLEASE KEEP HIM AWAY FROM BATMAN!

23. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

If we're looking for new blood to helm things. How about Andres Muschietti?

24. Tacit Ronin

There was nothing wrong with Ridley's directing in Prometheus. It was the downright offensive script that bogged the movie down. A far better script, and we could've looked at a sci fi classic. At least Prometheus shows us that Ridley still knows how to compose an image better than most.

25. Tequilla

Tequilla Well-Known Member

Have you watched the doc ? Ridley called the shots of everything , even the direction of the scripts. They literally followed everything he wanted since day one.

Even if that wasnt the case , the director should always be evaluated by the whole product , not just the visual aspect. Off course he deserves to be called out for Prometheus. He's the director !! His involvement goes way beyond framing and lighting.

The writer's didn't deserve to get all that bed rep. And looking back at it , its embarrassing considering all they did was following the director's guidelines.

And i've know for a looooong time , Ridley composes image better than most people. I didnt need Prometheus to show me that (but i also have to say i've enjoyed watching it. I cant call it a good movie , but i was mildly entertained and it looked good....outside of Rises , i cant even say the same about any blockbuster released in us during the summer.)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.