The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Why does DC even need a cinematic universe that looks like Marvel?

DC is a different studio with different properties to manage.Marvel doesn't have a Sandman or a Y to pull off. They are going to milk their Marvel superheroes in every medium.

DC could make a World's Finest next year. Marvel has nothing like that. It's Avengers or bust.

I think you used a key word in your response that is the main problem with DC movie properties and ultimately what is separates Marvel from DC at this point in time. That word was COULD.

DC is stuck on words like could, and its potential; as opposed to marvel who are actually embracing their material for the most part and is putting out quality material for years now and are being rewarded for their faith in the characters.

A lot of people are pretty confident WB is gonna make a good move.

My bet is Jonah Hex 2.

I think you need to get a Wonder Woman and Flash movie going first. I also don't think you need a Batman movie before Justice League. There's been 7 Batman movies. Everyone knows who he is and what he does. Give me some characters I haven't seen before.

World's Finest. Flash. Wonder Woman. Justice League.

After reading the past few interviews from both Cavill and Snyder, I can honestly say I've changed my mind and that we will most likely be getting a Man of Steel 2. Warner Brothers should do a legit move and have releases in 2015 for a MOS 2, the Batman reboot and a Wonder Woman film in building up a Justice League. Imagine the Trinity of DC Comics have their respective films being released in the same year.

That's a lot to expect. At this rate we're not even getting 1 DC film a year, let alone three in the same year. That would be great but its extremely unlikely.

I'm hoping it'll be Justice League, but I think it'll be MOS2.

MOS 2 and WW movie-2015
Flash-2016
Justice League-2017

Throw in a 2015 GL tv show with Jon stewart as the main lantern

That's a lot to expect. At this rate we're not even getting 1 DC film a year, let alone three in the same year. That would be great but its extremely unlikely.

Imo, it's the only way for Warner Brothers to show that they're legit when it comes to building on an universe. Bringing in three will get them a little bit closer on making fans believe that a Justice League will be happening besides waiting for so long. Kick it to another gear, and I'm sure fans will start to respect on what's happening then.

Plus, I just love the idea of the "Trinity" each having their own film release in the same year :oldrazz:

Ok since alot here wants to see a ww be made what you guys think of megan fox playing the role? There's a pic i saw on the net of her in the costume she looks freaking hot btw. But who do you think would make a good wonder woman?

World's Finest 2015 with Bale returning alongside Cavill, facing off against power suit Lex Luthor and setting up his presidential campaign. It'd be great if Ledger was still alive, it could be Lex and Joker against Batman and Superman..

But I really think itd be a good idea to resurrect Ra's Al Ghul for World's Finest, with Neeson returning. It could establish that everything that happened in TDKR is canon, but also would help set the tone for Batman and his world post TDKT

MOS2 with Lex and Brainiac

Wonder Woman with Ares

Flash against Zoom.

Justice League with Darkseid

Last edited:
To me, it makes the most sense to follow MOS with either:

(1) Batman reboot, possibly involving Superman, Flash, GL, or some other super-powered hero. This makes sense to me as a way to signal that the DCCU will be connected and that Batman exists in a bigger universe. I particularly like the idea of putting GL in a Batman or Superman movie as a way to re-introduce him. The Hal/Bruce dynamic could be very entertaining.
(2) World's Finest, for the same reasons as above. Although it may make more sense to do a Batman reboot, then WF.
(3) Flash. I think he's the next most marketable hero that DC has after Batman and Superman. He can be a little lighter, like Iron Man, and he has such an interesting power. The Quicksilver in DOFP/Avengers 2 may either make people more receptive to a Flash movie, or make his power seem tired. I tend to think it's the former.

It'll be MOS 2.

The new thread title should be what's next after Man Of Steel's sequel?

I would normally say a Wonder Woman film. But im thinking they'll do her origin (non-canon to the future on film) in a tv series. So ill say..

A Flash origin film OR a Batman film rebooted OR a World's Finest.

One of those 3 will happen, I assume. Ill say a Flash film will be the first thing.

Honestly, WB/DC is doing a good job. And beyond Warner Bros., there's been a DC movie coming out every year for over 10 years. They're on the same track as Marvel, they're just not connecting it into one universe. That's the only difference. A lot of these films are better than anything Marvel has done, with the exception of a few:

2002 - Road to Perdition
2003 - The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

2004 - Catwoman
2005 - Batman Begins
2005 - Constantine
2005 - A History of Violence
2006 - Superman Returns
2006 - V For Vendetta
2007 - Stardust
2008 - The Dark Knight
2008 - The Spirit
2009 - Watchmen
2010 - Jonah Hex
2010 - RED
2010 - The Losers
2011 - Green Lantern
2012 - The Dark Knight Rises
2013 - Man of Steel
2013 - RED 2

Red = Not Warner Bros.

But still, DC and its imprints (Vertigo, etc.) has had a pretty solid decade. Their whole strategy post-Man of Steel should be focusing on three movies:

- Wonder Woman
- The Flash
- Justice League

They will have at least hit all their major characters, AND they have the best superhero trilogy of all-time.

It probably will end up being Worlds Finest, by introducing the new batman, more appropriate for a comic book universe than the realistic universe Nolan established and that Batman is a complete *****. Try to throw in a Wonder Woman reference and maybe a solo film with her that year as well. It is obvious DC/Warner wants to get Justice League off and going as quick as possible.

Worlds Finest can really set the idea of other heroes as well with Bruce and Clark talking about starting a league or the other heroes in the world. It is also a guaranteed money maker, the two most popular and influential heroes on the planet. Justice League would be even bigger.

I'm sure they'll try to get the actors around Cavill's age, like Marvel did with Cap, Thor and BW, so they can embrace that character for a long time.

In one month we will probably know what is going on actually.

It'll be MOS 2.

The new thread title should be what's next after Man Of Steel's sequel

Well they haven't announced a release date for Man of Steel's sequel to confirm that its the next DC movie to be released after Man of Steel.

No matter what the next DC property adapted is, WB needs for it to come out in 2015. Can't wait till 2016 and three years for a Man of Steel 2 or Justice League. Just look at all the Marvel studios, Fox films, and Spidey flicks that are set to over-saturate the market by then. I could definitely see the GA losing interest like they did with Star Trek (granted that was four years).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"