The Offical DVD Thread

Pretty disappointed with the choice of cover art, I must say, but the fact that we're getting a commentary from Monroe certainly makes it worth it. Hell, it could be a picture of Rosie O'Donnell for all I care.

Wait, no. Actually I would care.

The cover could have been a lot better. It should have been something that looked like an epic blockbuster. Instead, they decided to make the focus be a turtle on a skateboard, gave the least important characters the most presence, and made the toughest character be holding a slice of piizza. Who are they trying to sell this to? Because I think we can rule out the "everyone" demographic. :o

Anyway, I'm glad this movie is coming to Blu-Ray! I loved it and I will definitely buy the BR when it comes out.

I'm sure there will be several high class custom covers, probably around here as well. I'll print one of those off, since this cover is downright awful.

Wow...that cover is just brutal! It does not really match well with the actual movie tone wise I think. I mean don't get me wrong..the Turtles are fun and wacky at times but the movie handled it in a way that's not TOO 'kiddish' and goofy. This cover says to me 'Hey...we are WILD GOOFY AND SILLY!!! YEEEE-HAWWW'.....bah..would have been cool to just have the 'TMNT' logo with a black back drop or something. Ah well...at least the movie was awesome.

...I wonder if there'll be a sequel?

I agree. The cover looks too wacky, they should be in a serious pose like in some of the posters.

And it looks like a sequel is doubtful.

It's not THAT bad.

I already pre-ordered mine.

awful cover. considering how dark the movie was, they should have gone with the same look/theme instead of making it look kid-friendly.

the movie made like double the money it costs them to make it. if u ask me, that's pretty good. i can see them making a sequel. but not for a long time. the guy has to make astroboy and gatchaman first.

i discovered yesterday that TMNT will be available to rent from onDEMAND ppv system on the same day the dvd is released if you have onDEMAND you might want to check it out THERE:ninja:

I still see no indication that the Blu-Ray and HD versions will have the sucky cover art. Anyone?

Considering the main design, they'll probably all follow the same suit.

51bPSHoK-aL._SS500_.jpg

61vZwaNwp5L._SS500_.jpg

who cares what the cover art is, it's what's INSIDE that counts.

oh by the way people, sequel talks are in progress and looking positive. In case nobody saw my note, I was at comicon and we talked to a high up person who is apart of the movie...not allowed to say who.

cover art isnt bad, would have prefered something more dark though. have to sell it to the kiddies i guess

Bottom Line, do any of you really care about the damn cover?, I don't and you shouldn't. The Movie was alot better than TMNT III Not B-cuz of the CGI Animation, but the story itself was kickass cuz, if you think about it in a big way it really was the continuation of the first movie. So basicly, its what TMNT II should have been in the first place. Yes they are making a sequel, and yes Usagi Yojimbo is in it, don't know if Shredder is back or, who the next villian will be. Overall, I think this movie is an opening for better moives of TMNT to come.

Cuz if you think about it, They have a ****load of kickass characters they can use, and I'm talking about characters that we haven't seen in years.

it's coming outon tuesday! weeee...i hope it has loads of extra features. while the movie was good, it felt like they took out scenes...like when they showed leo about to fight the mexican, and it just blacks out.

Does anybody know anything about some special edition 2-Disc versions?

I was in walmart the other day and remembered seeing an add for some exclusive bonus disc you can get with the dvd. I think possibly Best Buy also had one with a bonus disc. Just curious if anyone has heard anything.

Does anybody know anything about some special edition 2-Disc versions?

I was in walmart the other day and remembered seeing an add for some exclusive bonus disc you can get with the dvd. I think possibly Best Buy also had one with a bonus disc. Just curious if anyone has heard anything.

I saw in the Target ad that they have a 2 disc edition that has the original poster art on it for the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"