The Official '52' Thread

Actually, with Bendis's decompression - it'd be a panel a day calendar.

January 1st: Spider-Man!
January 2nd: What?
January 3rd: Look out --
January 4th: Behind You!
January 5th: Behind me?
January 6th: Yeah.

Assassin said:
my bad i had a customer and i was rushing, it was atleast sorta funny wasnt it? not even a lil:(

where do you work?

He mentioned customers. My first guess is a Happy Endings massage parlor.

Previews for future covers of 52.

52Week10.jpg

52Week9.jpg

52Week12.jpg

52: WEEKS 9-12
Written by Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison,Greg Rucka and Mark Waid
Breakdowns by Keith Giffen
Art by various
Backup features by Dan Jurgens & Norm Rapmund and Mark Waid and Adam Hughes
Covers by J.G. Jones
The story of the year continues in four more action-packed chapters of comics’ only weekly superhero adventure! This month, get ready for the debut of three new characters that will create a powerful impact in the DCU...and change the face of 52 completely.
In WEEK 9, with art by Shawn Moll & Tom Nguyen, learn who dies before Devilance. Plus, witness the debut of the new JLA!
WEEK 10, illustrated by Chris Batista (LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES) & Jimmy Palmiotti, features the debut of Supernova, the new guardian of Metropolis!
WEEK 11, featuring art by Joe Bennett & Jack Jadson and Todd Nauck & Marlo Alquiza, sheds light on the mysterious woman protecting Gotham City…wearing a very familiar uniform!
Black Adam finds love in the arms of mythology in WEEK 12, with art by Eddy Barrows & Rob Stull. Isis is here! Plus the debut of the new SECRET ORIGINS backup featuring the origin of Wonder Woman by Mark Waid and Adam Hughes!
52: A year without Superman; a year without Batman; a year without Wonder Woman …but not a year without heroes.
Week 9 on sale July 6 • Week 10 on sale July 12 • Week 11 on sale July 19 • Week 12 on sale July 26 • 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

Is that... Deliverance the Pursuer?

pursuer.jpg

Does that mean Starfire, Animal Man and Adam Strange are on Adon, hmm...

I think the forever people are going to be in this.

The New Gods are back!

Also that Black Adam cover is gorgeous.

yenaled said:

pursuer.jpg

Yes, it is.

yenaled said:
Does that mean Starfire, Animal Man and Adam Strange are on Adon, hmm...

Looks like this is where we find out which of the three meet death, Starfire would be my pick for this one. Her status wasn't revealed yet in Teen Titans, just a guess.

I'm really curious as to who these three new heroes will be, and it seems issue #11 is where we finally see the debut of Batwoman.

This is great, I have the name of my all time favorite hero and I get to talk in a thread involving the Hype's own Batman and Green Lantern!
icon10.gif

Anyway, 52 is really looking to be DC's greatest book when it hits shelves. Everything of how it'll explain what led up to One Year Later is what I'm looking forward to the most, I also DON'T want to see The Question die. He's such an awesome character, also the art the book is seriously something worth seeing and it's packed with some of my all time favorite writers. I may be new to this site, but I've been a comic fan for years. So for sure, I'll be picking up my copy of issue 1 when it arrives next month.

well we finally get to see supernova on the cover with clark kent, so i guess we can rule it's conner.

I wonder why the newspaper says The Daily Star???

Most newspapers have names, like "Washington Post" or "New York Times." Newspapers print those names at the tops of the front pages of their papers in big, bold print, so that readers know what they're reading. Chances are that the "Daily Star" on that paper signifies that the paper is called "Daily Star."

So i guess this kind of removes the Connor is Supernova theories?

Lackey said:
I wonder why the newspaper says The Daily Star???

Maybe hes not in metropolis. They prolly just changed the name of the Daily Planet

no ****. he kinda of looks like red-tornado, maybe he's the military secret weapon, but they revamped him?

Lackey said:
where do you work?

when i'm online? a Hotel front desk, when not, a grocerie store, produce dept.

yenaled said:

No, thats Galaktas :p

side note, newsarama no longer has that super nova pic on the site, its been taken down

is that a bat symbol on his chest? (supernova)

It really looks like Red Tornado.

BTW, there has always been a Daily Star in post-COIE Earth, it's just another paper in the USA.

yenaled said:

BTW, there has always been a Daily Star in post-COIE Earth, it's just another paper in the USA.

the military probably dismantled his arse and rebuilt him with new powers. i think they added on to his existing powers. hmm

yenaled said:

yes, golden age, then earth 2

GoldenAgeHero said:
the military probably dismantled his arse and rebuilt him with new powers. i think they added on to his existing powers. hmm

Well, they can't "give him new powers" his powers come from him being a wind elemental.

yenaled said:
Well, they can't "give him new powers" his powers come from him being a wind elemental.

yeah,but seeing how the government has alien technology, who knows the extent of how they can implement that tech in red-tornado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"