The Official '52' Thread

Well, they could give him extra powers, but he'd still keep his wind powers.

Wargod said:
I think that Supernova may be Eradicator.
I think you might be right, Eradicator was injured by a OMAC and what if the military finds him and you know the rest

ppl at comic bloc are saying it could be ray palmer.. but i dont think so

I'm pretty sure people at DC have said there are absolutely no plans for Ray to return anytime in the foreseeable future. The Atom comic that's coming out soon will be about a totally new character.
Wargod said:
I think that Supernova may be Eradicator.
That would be cool. I'd prefer the Eradicator to Red Tornado.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I'm pretty sure people at DC have said there are absolutely no plans for Ray to return anytime in the foreseeable future. The Atom comic that's coming out soon will be about a totally new character.

That would be cool. I'd prefer the Eradicator to Red Tornado.

why?

cuz thats what they said, there is no why, they said no ray palmer for a while.

Assassin said:
cuz thats what they said, there is no why, they said no ray palmer for a while.

i meant why as in why does corp feel eradicator would be cool as supernove but not red-tornado.

Dr. Mid-Nite said:
OMFG.....

I question mark in blood, it can't be The Question's. :(

you know what would be funny, if the riddler killed the question and left taht blood question mark. that'll be hilarious and very ironic.

GoldenAgeHero said:
you know what would be funny, if the riddler killed the question and left taht blood question mark. that'll be hilarious and very ironic.

But who's the guy standing behind that girl on that cover? what if it's him?

I think it would be funnier the other way round.

Okay I'd like to ask you all for your opinion. I've been reading DC comics since Identity Crisis up to Infinite Crisis (when does this last issue come out anyway)? My question is do you think I'll enjoy 52? I am mostly familiar with the big three (SM, WW, BM). I took a chance once with JLA: Year One and I wasn't impressed (this book did not have the big three either). What do you guys think?

If you specifically follow the trinity and couldn't appreciate JLA Year One without them, I doubt you'd enjoy 52. It follows the entire DC universe over the course of the missing year between IC and OYL, but it focuses primarily on Booster Gold, Renee Montoya, Black Adam, the Question, Ralph Dibny, and Lex Luthor.
GoldenAgeHero said:
i meant why as in why does corp feel eradicator would be cool as supernove but not red-tornado.
Because it makes more sense given the Eradicator's energy-based powers and because I like the Red Tornado as he is.

I think Supernova is Max Lord, newly ressurected by an evil L-Ron.

I would KILL to see that! Brother Eye's final act before total deactivation: reprogramming L-Ron to totally dig Max in that way. :)

Dr. Mid-Nite said:
But who's the guy standing behind that girl on that cover? what if it's him?

She's Renee Montoya, but no one knows who that is behind her.

I want to apologize for this post, I do not mean to sound mean to the fans of the Elongated Man...but I'm afraid I don't have as much knowledge of the Elongated Man as much as I am familiar with Mr. Fantastic....So please forgive me and help me see the light.

As much as I respect Ralph....I have a hard time accepting him as a hero....
I guess it would help if he had his own cartoon show like his counterpart Plastic Man and Mr Fantastic in the Fantastic Four cartoons.

He's not a scientist like Reed, but a detective like Batman? But he's married to a woman named Sue. Isn't Sue also the name of Reed's wife. Instead of spouting off scientific knowledge; Ralph makes jokes. He's part of a group just as Reed's part of a group.

I know he speaks French. And that was the only reason why I put up with him during the JLE early days. Because out of the whole group he knew a little bit more about the country they were located in.
But, I don't know how I can like him when all I see are watered down parts of Marvels FF head honcho.
Somebody please help me see the value of this character.
Superman was right during the recruitment meeting in Smallville, Kansas in the pages of the JLA.

"I considered Elongated Man, but with respect to Ralph, I agree that PLastic Man has more versatility." (JLA # 16 page 11 panel 3)
Someone please help me appreciating Ralph.

Stealth_Prime said:
I want to apologize for this post, I do not mean to sound mean to the fans of the Elongated Man...but I'm afraid I don't have as much knowledge of the Elongated Man as much as I am familiar with Mr. Fantastic....So please forgive me and help me see the light.

As much as I respect Ralph....I have a hard time accepting him as a hero....
I guess it would help if he had his own cartoon show like his counterpart Plastic Man and Mr Fantastic in the Fantastic Four cartoons.

He's not a scientist like Reed, but a detective like Batman? But he's married to a woman named Sue. Isn't Sue also the name of Reed's wife. Instead of spouting off scientific knowledge; Ralph makes jokes. He's part of a group just as Reed's part of a group.

I know he speaks French. And that was the only reason why I put up with him during the JLE early days. Because out of the whole group he knew a little bit more about the country they were located in.
But, I don't know how I can like him when all I see are watered down parts of Marvels FF head honcho.
Somebody please help me see the value of this character.
Superman was right during the recruitment meeting in Smallville, Kansas in the pages of the JLA.

"I considered Elongated Man, but with respect to Ralph, I agree that PLastic Man has more versatility." (JLA # 16 page 11 panel 3)
Someone please help me appreciating Ralph.

Well, first off, Ralph predates Mr. Fantastic by a few years. And his marraige also predates that of Reed and Sue. Ralph was a member of the League, not because of his streatching powers, but because he's a bloody brilliant detective. Probably just as good at figuring stuff out as Batman. And, Batman, being a street level hero mostly, isn't a full time League memeber and usually serves as a tactical consultant for the group when he's there. Plus, it's better to have a detective who can be shot and not die than a detective who's all human and easily killable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"