The Official '52' Thread

The Question said:
Well, first off, Ralph predates Mr. Fantastic by a few years. And his marraige also predates that of Reed and Sue. Ralph was a member of the League, not because of his streatching powers, but because he's a bloody brilliant detective. Probably just as good at figuring stuff out as Batman. And, Batman, being a street level hero mostly, isn't a full time League memeber and usually serves as a tactical consultant for the group when he's there. Plus, it's better to have a detective who can be shot and not die than a detective who's all human and easily killable.

Thats funny. The Batman fanboys attack!

The Question said:
Well, first off, Ralph predates Mr. Fantastic by a few years. And his marraige also predates that of Reed and Sue. Ralph was a member of the League, not because of his streatching powers, but because he's a bloody brilliant detective. Probably just as good at figuring stuff out as Batman. And, Batman, being a street level hero mostly, isn't a full time League memeber and usually serves as a tactical consultant for the group when he's there. Plus, it's better to have a detective who can be shot and not die than a detective who's all human and easily killable.

cant ralph be metled tho or frozen then shattered, sounds like he's pretty killable to me.

Yeah. But not easily killable. He's still bulletproof, and can probably take minor explosions well.

The Question said:
Yeah. But not easily killable. He's still bulletproof, and can probably take minor explosions well.

thanks for answering and im sure batman can take him out, if he needed too.

All I'm saying is, Ralph has a better chance of survivng in the feild than Bruce. Which is why he was probably chosen.

The Question said:
All I'm saying is, Ralph has a better chance of survivng in the feild than Bruce. Which is why he was probably chosen.

not really, he has an easier chance because of his powers. but any great tactician can survive the field, just like batman is capable of.

Question, Batman fanboy assault underway....

GAH's not a Batman fanboy. He's just a disagreeable *****e.

GoldenAgeHero said:
not really, he has an easier chance because of his powers. but any great tactician can survive the field, just like batman is capable of.

Not the same thing. There are some things Batman just can't get around. Being punched by Mongul is one of them.

The Question said:

Thanks so much for the education Question....never knew he predated Reed.

Elongated Man first appeared in Flash #112 (published in 1960). Mr. Fantastic's first appearance was in Fantastic Four #1 (published in 1961).

Plastic Man predates them both, having first appeared in Police Comics #1 in 1941. But he missed being the first stretching hero by about a year, getting beat out by the Thin Man.

The Question said:
Not the same thing. There are some things Batman just can't get around. Being punched by Mongul is one of them.

what part of tactician dont you understand? you honestly think batman would go hand to hand with mongul?

No. Of course not. That's my point. It's better to have a detective who can survive in the feild than a detective who would have to wait it out on the side lines.

Of course in the real world it's better to have a huge name like Batman in your comic - than a no name stretchy guy.

The Question said:
No. Of course not. That's my point. It's better to have a detective who can survive in the feild than a detective who would have to wait it out on the side lines.

im not sure ralph can survive agaisnt mongul either, unless the omics prove otherwise.

Batman would go up against Mongul. During the Red Hood story, he went up against Amazo, who i think would be a greater threat than Mongul. And Batman was with Nightwing. If he goes up against Mongul, he would probably be with Superman and Wonderwoman, physically better back-up then Nightwing.

GoldenAgeHero said:
im not sure ralph can survive agaisnt mongul either, unless the omics prove otherwise.

Ralph's form could probably cusion the blow.

There is a chance i might not be able to get 52.Since i think it may be slightly less exciting than Infinite Crisis.Will this series end up in TPB?I might buy it then.

Yeah. But not until at least two years from now. And it will probably be multiple TPBs. The series is going to be 52 issues long.

Will 52 only focus on Montoya, Question, Booster Gold, Steel, Elongated Man and Black Adam? Or will it show the whole DCU? I ask because while reading the new ish of Teen Titans, Kid Devil makes reference to his new transformation that happened while he was with the new Zatarra which must have happened during the missing year. Will they recap all that stuff too? Bruce and the Boy Wonders trip too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"