Supergirl The Official Alexandra "Alex" Danvers/Chyler Leigh Thread

Alex hurt her leg in this weeks ep so it could be that, or it could be that she's hurt it in real life and they've written it into the show.

Alex hurt her leg in this weeks ep so it could be that, or it could be that she's hurt it in real life and they've written it into the show.

LOL, way to state the obvious. :sly:

That has been the discussion on the forum these days...

LOL, way to state the obvious. :sly:

That has been the discussion on the forum these days...

Hey! I haven't seen all of those discussions so I thought I better throw it in the Alex thread due to that pic. :grmp: :funny:

Aaarrgh....I hate pictures, it takes for ever to download to get to the stuff on what's happening on the series. Oh well, it is what it is on these threads.

Life is so hard sometimes.

I still don't think that's the case because she was moving around just fine right up until the scene where she got hurt. If she were injured in real life they would have had her sitting down in prior scenes and using techniques to shoot around an injury. I'm pretty sure they just injured Alex so she could have this "babysit Ruby" storyline in the next ep.

Unless she got injured doing the stunt that she did IN FACT do herself in the bank....yikes.

Unless she got injured doing the stunt that she did IN FACT do herself in the bank....yikes.

Maybe Odette Annable pulled a little too hard on that thing wrapped around Chyler's leg?

Of course, that almost means that the episode was pretty much shot in chronological order, because if she was injured, she wouldn't have been able to film the earlier scenes with her walking about if the bank scene was shot at the end and she already was out of action.

I mean, it is pretty clear she is wearing a prop.

I think you are right...that is definitely a prop. Just throwing stuff out there.

I still don't think that's the case because she was moving around just fine right up until the scene where she got hurt. If she were injured in real life they would have had her sitting down in prior scenes and using techniques to shoot around an injury. I'm pretty sure they just injured Alex so she could have this "babysit Ruby" storyline in the next ep.

I was wondering if the knee grab part in the fight was an insert after Chyler might have hurt her knee, but I didn't know about the Ruby storyline so that likely explains it.

I wonder if there will be less or none of Alex in episodes post 17 since Chyler is going on East of Eli tour with Nathan's band.

Also, is it likely that they would kill off Alex or ship her off to some other place to be with Maggie? Because Chyler seems super interested in EOE and none at all in SG (which is okay; she should do what she likes).

Just speculation here by the way. Not spoilers.

I wonder if there will be less or none of Alex in episodes post 17 since Chyler is going on East of Eli tour with Nathan's band.

Also, is it likely that they would kill off Alex or ship her off to some other place to be with Maggie? Because Chyler seems super interested in EOE and none at all in SG (which is okay; she should do what she likes).

Just speculation here by the way. Not spoilers.

I don’t think Alex will be noticeably absent. First who says she’s going to every single performance. They have three kids in school and I don’t think they would pull them out. US and Canadian schools go from August/September to May/June. Look at the schedule https://www.eastofeli.com/pages/tour. The first three stops are on weekends in cities 1-2 hour plane rides away, then a three week break. I’m going to to see about going to the show in San Francisco. For the eastern gigs in late March and early April she might be taking vacation time for a week or so if it’s over spring break for the kids, if not she’s probably staying home with them. Melissa was all over the place promoting Waco in January I think the show can handle Chyler being away for a week and a half. Then another three week break until the end of April by which time Supergirl should be done filming. I believe they toured Europe last summer while the kids were out of school and Supergirl wasn’t filming. As for her not being interested in Supergirl it’s not her job to promote the show, the network has a whole department for that. She’s supporting her husband and the band doesn’t have a promotional department. The fact is the band likely doesn’t bring in enough $$$ to support the family so she needs to work too. Very few actors who are happy on the set will leave a paying job if they don’t have another already lined up.

I don’t think Alex will be noticeably absent. First who says she’s going to every single performance. They have three kids in school and I don’t think they would pull them out. US and Canadian schools go from August/September to May/June. Look at the schedule https://www.eastofeli.com/pages/tour. The first three stops are on weekends in cities 1-2 hour plane rides away, then a three week break. I’m going to to see about going to the show in San Francisco. For the eastern gigs in late March and early April she might be taking vacation time for a week or so if it’s over spring break for the kids, if not she’s probably staying home with them. Melissa was all over the place promoting Waco in January I think the show can handle Chyler being away for a week and a half. Then another three week break until the end of April by which time Supergirl should be done filming. I believe they toured Europe last summer while the kids were out of school and Supergirl wasn’t filming. As for her not being interested in Supergirl it’s not her job to promote the show, the network has a whole department for that. She’s supporting her husband and the band doesn’t have a promotional department. The fact is the band likely doesn’t bring in enough $$$ to support the family so she needs to work too. Very few actors who are happy on the set will leave a paying job if they don’t have another already lined up.

Okay. Interesting point about the promotion of the band. My speculation was not criticism and I had not meant to cause offense. I was just comparing it to how it used to be earlier: Season 1 etc. And since I don't post anything in twitter that I don't care about, but do tweet at times about things I care about, I was extrapolating (which makes no sense considering our different lives...*shakes head at self*).

Okay. Interesting point about the promotion of the band. My speculation was not criticism and I had not meant to cause offense. I was just comparing it to how it used to be earlier: Season 1 etc. And since I don't post anything in twitter that I don't care about, but do tweet at times about things I care about, I was extrapolating (which makes no sense considering our different lives...*shakes head at self*).
Your comment wasn’t taken as criticism and was in no way offensive.

tumblr_p43e6f8NWB1ruots8o1_540.gif

tumblr_p43e6f8NWB1ruots8o2_540.gif

To me its not about not being in this episode or that episode, it is about health.... too much on one's plate can have its toll, no matter how much fun it is, or how much you think you are ready for it.

To me its not about not being in this episode or that episode, it is about health.... too much on one's plate can have its toll, no matter how much fun it is, or how much you think you are ready for it.
Very true there are limits to what we can physically and mentally do, no matter how much we want to. Chyler’s been in the entertainment business for most of her life so we’ll just have to trust that she knows what she’s doing. At this point she probably knows how much energy both the show and the band take. She might not be going to every show. The show is probably the main source of income for the family and the band can play a show without her if she decides to stay home.

Very true there are limits to what we can physically and mentally do, no matter how much we want to. Chyler’s been in the entertainment business for most of her life so we’ll just have to trust that she knows what she’s doing. At this point she probably knows how much energy both the show and the band take. She might not be going to every show. The show is probably the main source of income for the family and the band can play a show without her if she decides to stay home.

Some of those years weren't of her own accord or free will. I got the idea that her mother forced her into it. (One of the reasons I am very uncomfortable with kids in showbiz; there is so much that can hurt them nearly permanently). I am sure though that these days she is in a pretty happy place.

Anyways, she will probably take off or vacation (however much you can get with kids) once SG Season 3 is wrapped up.

Brierrose, will you be going to the San Francisco concert?

Brierrose, will you be going to the San Francisco concert?
I did in fact get to go to the East of Eli show. Chyler was there and sang with the band. Nathan West is smoking hot. I don't know how to post the videos from my phone here.

Last edited:
I did in fact get to go to the East of Eli show. Chyler was there and sang with the band. Nathan West is smoking hot. I don’t know how to post the videos from my phone here.

You have to host them somewhere first...

I figured how to upload to YouTube so here are some videos from last night's concert. There were about 150 people there so I had a great view.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"