The Amazing Spider-Man The Official ASM THEATRICAL TRAILER Thread! - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the trailer, I wonder what changes have been made to make it new and different but also affective. Because it seems like Peter will become Spider-Man, the superhero of NYC, now when Uncle Ben is still alive. Maybe the Lizard kills him in this version? If Denis Leary is truthful about being open/in the sequels to ASM, then that funeral might be Ben's, and the "I have to stop him, because I created him" line is said afterward, which would make sense.

Also, I don't know when Gwen found out, if she ever did, that Peter was Spider-Man, but in ASM it looks like she knows from the beginning due to her scenes. And finally, I would figure the line "with great power comes great responsibility" will still be said by Ben, but I also think it will not be originained from him in this film; I think that will be Peter's father's line/words of wisdom, that might appear in a scene when Pete is still a kid, and then later Ben says it to reinforce it.

That's just my speculation after watching the trailer.

My only gripe with the Sam Rami movies is that Spider-Man lacked a sense of humor. That's not really Sam's fault though, it was more Toby's fault. Now that I look back at the films, he was pretty much just phoning in his performance. Same with Kristin Dunst. Also I never understood Rami's decision to have Curt Conners in the movies but no lizard. Rami was hell bent on Vulture for some unknown reason.

As much as I think the Lizard will work. I'm just not sure until I get a full clear view of him. The quick little shots in Trailer 2 do not give enough details. Which could be good/ could be bad.

I'm leaning on good right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"