The Amazing Spider-Man The Official ASM THEATRICAL TRAILER Thread! - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the trailer, I wonder what changes have been made to make it new and different but also affective. Because it seems like Peter will become Spider-Man, the superhero of NYC, now when Uncle Ben is still alive. Maybe the Lizard kills him in this version? If Denis Leary is truthful about being open/in the sequels to ASM, then that funeral might be Ben's, and the "I have to stop him, because I created him" line is said afterward, which would make sense.

Also, I don't know when Gwen found out, if she ever did, that Peter was Spider-Man, but in ASM it looks like she knows from the beginning due to her scenes. And finally, I would figure the line "with great power comes great responsibility" will still be said by Ben, but I also think it will not be originained from him in this film; I think that will be Peter's father's line/words of wisdom, that might appear in a scene when Pete is still a kid, and then later Ben says it to reinforce it.

That's just my speculation after watching the trailer.

My only gripe with the Sam Rami movies is that Spider-Man lacked a sense of humor. That's not really Sam's fault though, it was more Toby's fault. Now that I look back at the films, he was pretty much just phoning in his performance. Same with Kristin Dunst. Also I never understood Rami's decision to have Curt Conners in the movies but no lizard. Rami was hell bent on Vulture for some unknown reason.

As much as I think the Lizard will work. I'm just not sure until I get a full clear view of him. The quick little shots in Trailer 2 do not give enough details. Which could be good/ could be bad.

I'm leaning on good right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"