Comics The Official Avenging Spider-Man thread...

They were a bit blah to me... glad you liked them though...

:yay:

Apologies for opening a needless new thread. The default settings on this forum threw me to say the least. Anyway that's sorted now and I can actually see this topic!

As for the actual topic, it seems that some people did enjoy Omega Effect :)

I wasn't too fussed about it but I've never been a fan of crossovers anyway. In a book that essentially a team-up book there didn't seem to be a need to have this little mini event and I can't help but think that maybe it damaged all 3 books.

Really looking forward to #9 where hopefully this series gets back to it's early promise. I'm ignoring #8 as its really just another part of EotE by the sound of it. Hopefully I'm proved wrong and it stands as a story on its own. Only time will tell.

Ends of the Earth has been pretty decent... pick it up... :up:

Completely agree with you on that actually, thoroughly enjoyed it so far and a part of me is looking forward to seeing that story end. However, another part of me is confused as to why it is being brought to a close in Avenging Spider-Man and not Amazing. Especially with Amazing having twice as much time a month to get a story across. It just feels a little like a wasted month for Avenging.

Either way, I just looked up the 2nd Avenging trade and it looks like the next 4 issues (9-12) will be proper issues, no crossovers, no direct ties to other series. Really looking forward to that!

Bit late, getting back onto here but I really enjoyed issue #8. It was very much an epilogue to Ends of the Earth but it also acted as a stand-alone classic team-up story. A job well done story wise I'd say, although as much as I enjoyed, I still don't approve of Avenging being used to tell this story.

Roll on #9.

Gonna go ahead and raise this thread from the dead.

I know this is REALLY delayed, but I just got around to catching up on some comics I missed over the summer, one of them being Avenging Spidey #5. Honestly, and I bet I'm in the minority here, but I loved this one... a lot. It was well rounded, straightforward, and just so damn poignant. Fantastic art by Yu, especially on the flashback splash. I see myself rereading this one down the road.

Gonna go ahead and raise this thread from the dead.

I know this is REALLY delayed, but I just got around to catching up on some comics I missed over the summer, one of them being Avenging Spidey #5. Honestly, and I bet I'm in the minority here, but I loved this one... a lot. It was well rounded, straightforward, and just so damn poignant. Fantastic art by Yu, especially on the flashback splash. I see myself rereading this one down the road.

Nope, lots of people felt the same way about the issue. I loved that one, too. I think the She-Hulk team up was a real fun one, and the current Deadpool one is as well.

I'm enticed by the She-Hulk issue. I read the first Deadpool one; felt it was a bit off-beat, but still enjoyed it. It's Spidey and Deadpool, how can I say no? Looking forward to picking up the next part this week.

I really enjoyed #15.1... and I think this title under Yost's writing skills will become even more fun... judging from his work on the very excellent and very underrated Scarlet Spider. :up:

I really enjoyed #15.1... and I think this title under Yost's writing skills will become even more fun... judging from his work on the very excellent and very underrated Scarlet Spider. :up:

Aloha,
Can you beleive that some comic book stores are asking as much as $20 and up for this issue:wow:?Marvel has sold out on the first print of #700 according to Mile High Comics.Just shows you that in the comic book business, you have to shake things up from time to time or else sales get stagnant.
Spidey rules

Aloha,
Can you beleive that some comic book stores are asking as much as $20 and up for this issue:wow:?Marvel has sold out on the first print of #700 according to Mile High Comics.Just shows you that in the comic book business, you have to shake things up from time to time or else sales get stagnant.
Spidey rules

There are copies of the variants to 700 going on ebay for hundreds

The Ditko variant for 700 is going for a few grand I heard.

Which is insane, considering it's a REPRINTED and REDRESSED cover on a BRAND NEW ISSUE. If it came SIGNED by Ditko himself, I could see it. But really, a couple grand for a new book worth only $8? A lot of stupid gullible people out there.

Now that Peter Parker is dead, is the Superior Spider-Man still a part of the Avengers?

Which is insane, considering it's a REPRINTED and REDRESSED cover on a BRAND NEW ISSUE. If it came SIGNED by Ditko himself, I could see it. But really, a couple grand for a new book worth only $8? A lot of stupid gullible people out there.

I don't believe this cover has ever been printed as a "cover"... and it's not worth $8 because a retailer would have to buy $800 worth of comics (200 times $4 per copy) just to get one in a store... and not too many LCS' have more than 200 ASM orders...

It's worth $8. I don't acknowledge artificial rarity. It's not like the 1940s books which are rare because the vast majority of them weren't kept or kept properly. Artificial rarity is one of the things that almost killed the industry back in the 90s, so you can take that concept and shove it.

The new issues are also reprinted in several trade paperbacks, and now there are also digital copies available, too. They won't ever be that valuable.

I don't believe this cover has ever been printed as a "cover"... and it's not worth $8 because a retailer would have to buy $800 worth of comics (200 times $4 per copy) just to get one in a store... and not too many LCS' have more than 200 ASM orders...

nope, never has been an official cover, merely a pin-up or a bonus page of a sort... kinda like the original Ditko cover to ASM #10 and ASM #35, which were both passed up for a redrawn Spidey done by Kirby on each of those covers...

guess they wanted to use what was to be the cover for the final issue of AF #15 and finally put it to published use as the cover to the "final" issue of ASM... it just took 'em 50 years exactly to get around to it...

and if you think about it, Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 could be considered as the Amazing Fantasy #15 issue for the new Superior Spider-Man title, much like AF#15 was for the ASM title back in '63...

wonder if that was planned or if it was just a weird coincidence with the #15 numbering...

The new issues are also reprinted in several trade paperbacks, and now there are also digital copies available, too. They won't ever be that valuable.

Aloha,
This is why Marvel decided a few years back to reduce print runs.The more copies printed, the less value as the years go by.Plus, comics don't sell anywhere near the amounts they did back in the Silver Age.But it is true that the variants required comic book stores to purchase insane amounts of the regular issues just to get the variants. That's why they are charging so much. In the case of #700, there really was no gamble on buying them other than the up front money. They will sell.I always like to wait at least 6 months after variants come out to try and purchase them. They are usually much cheaper.I would not buy a modern age variant for more than $10.The sketch variants are usually outrageous in price.
Spidey rules

That wasn't necessary...what's the point of getting nasty?

Marvel pretty much assured that ASM 700 (regular cover) will be worthless by forcing so many of them into the market like this...

nope, never has been an official cover, merely a pin-up or a bonus page of a sort... kinda like the original Ditko cover to ASM #10 and ASM #35, which were both passed up for a redrawn Spidey done by Kirby on each of those covers...

guess they wanted to use what was to be the cover for the final issue of AF #15 and finally put it to published use as the cover to the "final" issue of ASM... it just took 'em 50 years exactly to get around to it...

and if you think about it, Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 could be considered as the Amazing Fantasy #15 issue for the new Superior Spider-Man title, much like AF#15 was for the ASM title back in '63...

wonder if that was planned or if it was just a weird coincidence with the #15 numbering...

Mind blown. Probably why there was an insistence on it being a .1 than just being #16. Nice catch THUNDERSTRIKE

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"