The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always checking the schedules at the boutique cinemas near me, but it rarely seems to ever screen...and I've had a couple of times I only found out there was a screening too late. :csad:

A more proactive approach though...hmm...

One of my cinemas was playing Batman Returns last summer, but sadly, I was going to a concert that weekend. :csad:

I'd love to see Burton's Batman on the big screen.

I sent a message to HOYTS cinemas asking if they will be playing Batman '89 and this was their response:

Hi David, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We assure you that your feedback has been discussed by the relevant team and would like to confirm that all films shown in our cinemas are not a selection but what has been provided by the distributors. The films distributed by each distributor are shown through our cinema to meet to popular consumer demand.
We are currently waiting on confirmation from the distributor to confirm if this film will be screening upon our cinemas.

Keep an eye on our ‘Advance Tickets’ page, http://www.hoyts.com.au/movies/advance_tickets.aspx

We hope you enjoy your next cinema experience with us.

Kind Regards,

Melissa
On behalf of The Hoyts Guest Experience Team

I'd love them, if they were 6" or equivalent to MM...

Not the 3" rubbery plastic crap that the sell for $11 these days when I could buy $5 Batman Forever/Robin/BTAS figures that lasted through everything.

I'd love them, if they were 6" or equivalent to MM...

Not the 3" rubbery plastic crap that the sell for $11 these days when I could buy $5 Batman Forever/Robin/BTAS figures that lasted through everything.

They're 4", not 3". You'd think people who are such fanatics about scale would get that right.

J0FWaYd.jpg

I'm still buying them all and am very appreciative that we're getting them in the first place.

It is a shame they're not 6", but you'd still have to pay me not to buy them, and I'd just use your money to buy them.

I re-watched this classic, and I liked it more than ever.

PROS:
Keaton as Batman, best Batman for me
Joker
Mood/atmosphere
Gotham
Alfred
Iconic Batman imagery and music

CONS:
Gordon
Prince music
Joker's henchmen
Some action scenes could have been more visceral

8/10

Other Bat films:
Batman Returns 7/10
Batman Forever 6/10
Batman and Robin NEVERMIND
Batman Begins 8/10
The Dark Knight 8.5/10
The Dark Knight Rises 8/10

I re-watched this classic, and I liked it more than ever.

PROS:
Keaton as Batman, best Batman for me
Joker
Mood/atmosphere
Gotham
Alfred
Iconic Batman imagery and music

CONS:
Gordon
Prince music
Joker's henchmen
Some action scenes could have been more visceral

8/10

Other Bat films:
Batman Returns 7/10
Batman Forever 6/10
Batman and Robin NEVERMIND
Batman Begins 8/10
The Dark Knight 8.5/10
The Dark Knight Rises 8/10
OHHHHH how dare you! :yay:

I love Joker's henchmen in this.

So do I as far as a I can remember, it's the first movie that I recall using the classic use of henchmen, I don't remember seeing anything before that but I could be wrong.

They better remake Bob. Has Bob ever been in a comic?

Other than the movie adaption I'm pretty sure he hasn't but The Joker would know.

Bob the Goon is not goofy... He'll ''power kick'' you good. :o

2rrquj9.jpg

See what I mean? Why the hell is there a Bob action figure?!:cmad:

And yeah, adapting Bob in the comics could be a good idea. He could be sort of Joker's Robin. Could be a Dick Grayson foe.:woot:

So do I as far as a I can remember, it's the first movie that I recall using the classic use of henchmen, I don't remember seeing anything before that but I could be wrong.

The Bond and Indy movies had henchmen.

See what I mean? Why the hell is there a Bob action figure?!:cmad:

And yeah, adapting Bob in the comics could be a good idea. He could be sort of Joker's Robin. Could be a Dick Grayson foe.:woot:

I think Harley Quinn beat him to it.

I love Joker's henchmen in this.

I especially love their scene in Axis Chemicals near the beginning. They are dressed like they stepped right out of a Cagney or Edward G. Robinson gangster picture from the 1930s or '40s. But, they don't over sell it as kitsch like Dick Tracy would do a year later. They are just old school movie thugs who are not funny, even if their presentation is over the top.

So yes, we agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"