• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh... The Adam West movie/TV show was much more successful at acheiving it's goals than this movie ever was.

The movie is fun to watch but after the first 10 minutes of all-out action you get already tired and just shut it off.

Best part of the movie was when we see him swoop down on Mr. Freeze. Its all downhill from there.

"Hi Freeze, I'm Batman"

*and then after you could hear the sound of thousands of facepalms*

It so bad it's good. By good I mean you can watch it and laugh at it for the sheer entertainment it gives for being so hilariously bad.

This.

I recently saw it yesterday on Ion.

I couldn't help but laugh at every single facepalm moment. It's a great comedic CBM. I mean, it rivals Adam West's era even.

For me it's about the same in terms of enjoyment.

x4hmxv.jpg

I love B&R for every single one of Arnold's ice puns, that alone is enough enjoyment for me.

Im afraid that my condition has left me COLD to your mercy!

1231222563.jpg

It's amazing how much more bearable it all looks in comic form.

Is that from the B&R Dennis O'Neil comic? I need to buy it.

It's a comic apadation of the movies I used to have all four of the movies

I enjoy all the Bat-films...B&R is bad but its fun... I did Like Uma as Ivy:
umathurman1-1.gif

tumblr_lx1jasGGWT1r3jd84o1_500.gif

Heck, I love Arnie and Uma in this, they made the film fun and enjoyable......

Last edited:
Uma did do a decent job with what she was given... she was vampy and over the top but justifiably so.

Don't forget you had Joel in her ear no doubt screaming, ''Ham it up sweetheart. You're in a cartoon!!!''.

Yeah in that documentary you see him say that on set.

Also I bought the adaption comic! :woot:

FrwTN.jpg

I consider Batman and Robin as really bad film, but I can still enjoy it.

Oh and I don't blame Clooney, Schwarzenegger nor Uma Thurman because they were told by Schumacher to play their characters like that, not their fault.

The film is best enjoyed when viewed through comic book lenses. In other words, you have to approach it almost as if you're watching an animated movie, with live actors standing in.

They tried. The experiment failed. One shot deal. I'm glad. Let's never try that again though.

The film is best enjoyed when viewed through comic book lenses. In other words, you have to approach it almost as if you're watching an animated movie, with live actors standing in.

In other words, it's Adam West's Batman. Also Batman & Robin was just playing a few mins ago on the Ion Television channel, just fyi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"