The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy all the Bat-films...B&R is bad but its fun... I did Like Uma as Ivy:
umathurman1-1.gif
Like Pfeiffer-Pfan I think she did a decent job with what she was given.

I do get a kick out of her Flower Ball look.

Like Pfeiffer-Pfan I think she did a decent job with what she was given.

I do get a kick out of her Flower Ball look.

Yes she did, although she wasn't given much.

Her main costume is great though...
40f446e44e78c514765cadf7a5c495e8.jpg

Shame about the red one - it falls too far into drag-queen territory...
tumblr_m7ky74OTwA1r1wdpvo1_500.gif

I don't mind the mod-suit one... It looks very 1960s Britain. I can imagine it in the Adam West show or even Austin Powers.
Poison_Ivy_%28Uma_Thurman%29_5.jpg

I remember reading so much about how incredibly coveted the Poison Ivy role was back when I was about 12...there were so many big-name actresses attached when B&R was in development - Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts are the ones I can remember.

In retrospect it seems crazy people fighting to get into this film.

I hope one day Poison Ivy gets her moment in a Batman film. She can be a great character when she is used correctly, and not just for T&A appeal.

I love her Birds of Prey costume - still seductive, but not practically nude...
2286906-bop_cv11_large.jpeg

Thurman did do a good job...with what she was given.

I just went through the comic adaptation of Batman & Robin and it's got some nice art. It's nice seeing Arnuld on the comic page. :woot:

I really hated her Mae West imitation and it still really annoys me when I watch the movie. She looked nice at points though.

What I like about the film is how they handled the divide between Dick and Bruce when Ivy seduced both. It was acted badly, but it was funny.

Yep. :woot:

I still really enjoy this when I watch it. Especially when it pops up on TV... It's such a guilty pleasure.

was there a reason why they couldnth ave barbara be relative of the comissioner?

Probably because Commissioner Gordon was not being featured prominently, and having her as Alfred's niece could provide a stronger bond.

I actually enjoy Batman & Robin, in a guilty pleasure kind of way. It is so goofy, but also ridiculously fun. And the highlight for me, is the Alfred story arc. There is some genuinely good stuff there.

I really hated her Mae West imitation and it still really annoys me when I watch the movie. She looked nice at points though.

Her butt when she slinks out of that gorilla outfit is really the only saving grace for me :oldrazz:

Same goes for Batman Forever, although I'll give credit to Schumacher for revisiting Batman's origin story in that one and giving Dick Grayson/Robin an interesting origin himself...Christ, did I just say that?! :funny:

This is badass! :woot:

yes,you said that! andi agree with all of it! i really feel Robin was done as well as possible in a live-action "Comic" (rather than "realistic") in Forever. they really condensed all 3 Robin's,up to that point,in one character:

Dick Grayson's origin,name,and acrobatic skills. Jason Todd's street smarts and bad attitude, and Two-Face killing his parents part of the origin. as well as his wanting to kill Face when they came face to face, but in the end turning away from that and wanting his fate to be decided by the courts (right from the comics). and Tim Drake's breaking into the Batcave part of his origin and costume

Yes she did, although she wasn't given much.

Her main costume is great though...
40f446e44e78c514765cadf7a5c495e8.jpg

Shame about the red one - it falls too far into drag-queen territory...
tumblr_m7ky74OTwA1r1wdpvo1_500.gif

I don't mind the mod-suit one... It looks very 1960s Britain. I can imagine it in the Adam West show or even Austin Powers.
Poison_Ivy_%28Uma_Thurman%29_5.jpg

I remember reading so much about how incredibly coveted the Poison Ivy role was back when I was about 12...there were so many big-name actresses attached when B&R was in development - Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts are the ones I can remember.

In retrospect it seems crazy people fighting to get into this film.

I hope one day Poison Ivy gets her moment in a Batman film. She can be a great character when she is used correctly, and not just for T&A appeal.

I love her Birds of Prey costume - still seductive, but not practically nude...
2286906-bop_cv11_large.jpeg

That last one reminds me of the B&R action figure which IIRC was inspired by concept art----like the Batgirl figure with a cowl---I think thats what hurt B&R Batgirl the most for me, no cowl.

What they did with Posion Ivy, reminds me of my feelings towards Riddler in BF...too many costume changes---both are introduced in costumes almost exactly to there comic counterparts (Riddler meeting Two-Face, and Poison Ivy @ the Jungle Ball) and I wish they stuck with those for the remainder of their films.

side note: From Burton to Schumacher to Nolan, I think one thing all the films did great were the villains---even if Jim Carrey gets on my nerves a bit in BF.

Last edited:
So, I'm reading the script right now (don't ask why), and the chick in Freeze's layer who tries to hit on him is named Ms. B Haven.

:doh:

Fortunately, yes.

Also, my god, the screenplay is literally about 20 times cheesier than the finished film.
I didn't think that was possible.

Can someone send me a link to read/download the screenplay? Sounds like a fun read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"