The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets boring if he's always stopping Gotham from being destroyed. I want to see him taking on someone he can't easily smack around or even fight to a standstill.

I'm not saying that will be the focus of every Nolan Bat film, I'm just saying it doesn't fit into the context and direction in which I see Nolan taking.

The 2nd film will introduce the Joker and most likely end him now, and introduce Two-Face. I think Two-Face may appear in the third as well...and maybe with another villain maybe not. But Penguin is kind of lame, Pfieffer's Catwoman will be hard to top. I can see the Riddler but done right this time. Two-Face can give Batman a run for his money physically wise.

Well, I guess we just have different views on this as I still believe Bane would fit perfectly in this universe.

Pfieffer's Catwoman wasn't all that to me but I guess you could say she did a good job. I kind of prefer Halle Berry's Catwoman. Anyway, I don't really think that Two-Face can give Batman a run for his money, he's strong, but definitely not anywhere near as strong as Batman.

Well, I guess we just have different views on this as I still believe Bane would fit perfectly in this universe.

Pfieffer's Catwoman wasn't all that to me but I guess you could say she did a good job. I kind of prefer Halle Berry's Catwoman. Anyway, I don't really think that Two-Face can give Batman a run for his money, he's strong, but definitely not anywhere near as strong as Batman.

Pfieffer's Catwoman was hot. She had that dualism to her where see was walking the fine line between bad and good, that gray area if you will. She's never truly bad but never truly good, just how Catwoman always is. Even the Penguin in Returns, is gross and planning to kill every first born in Gotham. but you can't help but feel bad for a guy whose parents threw him off a bridge into a sewer and ultimately to his death because he was deformed. I'm sure that would scar us too.

We all know Batman's history of training and the man is amazing. But Two-Face is mentally unstable, and about the same size and build as batman. Not to mention there's always those thugs in there for Bat to beat up on. But there's no doubt Two-Face is more of a physical threat than say the scarecrow, the joker, or the riddler.

Pfieffer's Catwoman was hot. She had that dualism to her where see was walking the fine line between bad and good, that gray area if you will. She's never truly bad but never truly good, just how Catwoman always is. Even the Penguin in Returns, is gross and planning to kill every first born in Gotham. but you can't help but feel bad for a guy whose parents threw him off a bridge into a sewer and ultimately to his death because he was deformed. I'm sure that would scar us too.

We all know Batman's history of training and the man is amazing. But Two-Face is mentally unstable, and about the same size and build as batman. Not to mention there's always those thugs in there for Bat to beat up on. But there's no doubt Two-Face is more of a physical threat than say the scarecrow, the joker, or the riddler.

Besides me hating the Penguin altogether, Danny Devito's Penguin was nothing like what we got in TAS or the comics, he was a freak of nature, something the Penguin from the comics wasn't truly meant to be which really bothered me. However, I will give Michelle Pfieffer the satisfaction of knowing that she's the main reason I watch the movie, her character was interesting & very hot. I think I'll pop the movie in when I get ready to go to sleep.

Two-Face is a very big man but I don't think he could beat Batman in a fight. At the most I'd say he'd be able to get a few good punches in that could make Batman feel sore in the morning. As for the Joker, he's shown that he can be very physical at times. In TAS he got some very good hits in & in ROTJ he was a much better fighter than before. That just makes me wonder why he never tried to be a better fighter when the original Batman was around.

Besides me hating the Penguin altogether, Danny Devito's Penguin was nothing like what we got in TAS or the comics, he was a freak of nature, something the Penguin from the comics wasn't truly meant to be which really bothered me. However, I will give Michelle Pfieffer the satisfaction of knowing that she's the main reason I watch the movie, her character was interesting & very hot. I think I'll pop the movie in when I get ready to go to sleep.

Two-Face is a very big man but I don't think he could beat Batman in a fight. At the most I'd say he'd be able to get a few good punches in that could make Batman feel sore in the morning. As for the Joker, he's shown that he can be very physical at times. In TAS he got some very good hits in & in ROTJ he was a much better fighter than before. That just makes me wonder why he never tried to be a better fighter when the original Batman was around.

Hmmmm. I actually prefer the deformed, sewer dwelling Penguin to the comic version though. It adds something to an otherwise boring character.

I never said Two-face could beat Batman, just that he's more of a physical threat. And Joker can get physical but he's weak and no match for Batman. Joker's main "weapon" is that he is psychotic...and anything goes sometimes, I mean he did kill Jason Todd. By beating him then locking him and his biological mother in a room with a bomb.

Besides me hating the Penguin altogether, Danny Devito's Penguin was nothing like what we got in TAS or the comics,

Are you sure?

batmanadventures1.jpg

Are you sure?

batmanadventures1.jpg

In appearance, yes. Thats because WB wanted Penguin based of the Returns design. However in the way he acts, its nothing like the way he is portrayed by DeVito.

Now, if Im remembering correctly, in an issue of Secret origins there was a Penguin story that had him with the shrp teeth and eating raw fish. And this was before Returns.

In appearance, yes. Thats because WB wanted Penguin based of the Returns design. However in the way he acts, its nothing like the way he is portrayed by DeVito.

Now, if Im remembering correctly, in an issue of Secret origins there was a Penguin story that had him with the shrp teeth and eating raw fish. And this was before Returns.

True. that comic was from around 1989, or 1990, I believe? Not sure but I do have it, if we are talking about the same one. Bats had a beard and long "bat" ears and he rescued a red-headed guy?

Isn't it bizarre that Warner Bros kicked Burton off the Bat franchise for such things as making the Penguin a hideous freak and scaring children, yet also made sure the Penguin appeared Burton-like in a cartoon marketed at children?

Isn't it bizarre that Warner Bros kicked Burton off the Bat franchise for such things as making the Penguin a hideous freak and scaring children, yet also made sure the Penguin appeared Burton-like in a cartoon marketed at children?

Yes, it is. However they started designs and production for TAS while Returns was still being done. In the book Batman Animated there is a aprt where, I believe i was Timm, was saying he remembers going to the set doing sketches of DeVito in costume so that they could get a simlar look because WB wanted the character to be relevant in appearance to what poeple would see in the movie. WB didnt expect the backlash they were gonna get, thats why it was so easy for Timm and Co. to redo Penguins design when it came time to do TNBA. That design was supposedly what Timm originally had planned for TAS.

True. that comic was from around 1989, or 1990, I believe? Not sure but I do have it, if we are talking about the same one. Bats had a beard and long "bat" ears and he rescued a red-headed guy?

I believe so, its been a long time since Ive looked at that book. Im gonna have to get it out. This might put to rest the long debate on how it was Burton who originally came up with "grotesque" Penguin.

Hmmmm. I actually prefer the deformed, sewer dwelling Penguin to the comic version though. It adds something to an otherwise boring character.

I never said Two-face could beat Batman, just that he's more of a physical threat. And Joker can get physical but he's weak and no match for Batman. Joker's main "weapon" is that he is psychotic...and anything goes sometimes, I mean he did kill Jason Todd. By beating him then locking him and his biological mother in a room with a bomb.

I know you didn't say he could beat him but I was just saying that he could only get a few hits in as Batman is trained in martial arts & can virtually take down anyone from his rogues gallery. I think that the Joker is weak compared to Batman but I'm sure that he's at least good at street fighting but Two-Face is definitely the stronger one of the two.

One of the things I always thought made the Batman rogues so threatening, even on the fighting level, was the fact that they are so unpredictable and insane. Batman goes into a confrontation with these guys not really knowing what exactly they will try next.

You guys are fighting over the stupidest things. I've never seen members on this board carry on stupid BS arguments about age and other things...

For and foremost, WHO GIVES A S*IT about your age, grow up. If your going to get on here and trash people by calling them 'kids' get out of here, thats useless garbage.

Second, Batman and Robin,Batman Forever was garbage...Stop fighting over it, it will never ever get better.

Third,Danny Devito's impersionation on the Penguin was horrible, terrifying disgusting,which might make it better. But still he was off the frame it was horrible.

End Note, quit fighting over BS.

This is coming from the dude who wished death on a director for making one bad Batman movie.

You guys are fighting over the stupidest things. I've never seen members on this board carry on stupid BS arguments about age and other things...

For and foremost, WHO GIVES A S*IT about your age, grow up. If your going to get on here and trash people by calling them 'kids' get out of here, thats useless garbage.

Second, Batman and Robin,Batman Forever was garbage...Stop fighting over it, it will never ever get better.

Third,Danny Devito's impersionation on the Penguin was horrible, terrifying disgusting,which might make it better. But still he was off the frame it was horrible.

End Note, quit fighting over BS.

From reading this post, I'll infer that you are a fecophiliac.

This is coming from the dude who wished death on a director for making one bad Batman movie.

I didn't even realize that was the same person until you just said it. I won't even bother replying to him now, he's a waste of time.

Bane had a cool look in B&R, just the worst characterization ever.

I think he works best as a hitman, even for hire, but he should be unstoppable, ruthless, but also a bit smart. Certainly not a giant brute who can't speak like he was in B&R.

There wouldn't have been a damn thing wrong with him working for Poison Ivy but he should've been cunning & devious & should've suggested ways to defeat the Bat & Bird. If Bane were portrayed right, that'd move this movie up from a 5/10 to a 7/10 for me. Anyway, the look was definitely cool, too bad Jeep died before the movie even got to be released.

Bane had a cool look in B&R, just the worst characterization ever.

I think he works best as a hitman, even for hire, but he should be unstoppable, ruthless, but also a bit smart. Certainly not a giant brute who can't speak like he was in B&R.

He did look cool but they made him act stupid which was stupid. His orgin in B&R was stupid as well. A scrawny serial killer who becomes a lab rat.

Joel Shuemacher good director?No, horrible...His movies are poorly executed, i'll admit it. I went a little on the deep end about Batman Forever it wasn't that bad, I just think it spent to much time on the villians.

Batman and Robin you will never ever get me to bend on not saying that was garbage. It's acting was horrible,Arnold's redicioulous one liners and the nipples on the costumes. Not to mention they also wore those terrifying silver suits. It was horrible...

Also, on another note. How have my posts been garbage, I have said maybe two posts in this forum and both of them are my opinions. If you don't like my opinion great, keep it yourself. God what I heard from other threads saying you guys were jackasses, I didn't think they were telling the truth but I guessed wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"