The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody hear that noise? Sounds like a bee's flying around here somewhere. It's kinda annoying.

He did look cool but they made him act stupid which was stupid. His orgin in B&R was stupid as well. A scrawny serial killer who becomes a lab rat.

His origin in the movie was somewhat similar to the origin of the comics but I do kind of find the comic book origin to be better. If that version were used, we would've gotten an intelligent Bane.

Anybody hear that noise? Sounds like a bee's flying around here somewhere. It's kinda annoying.

Ohh that was cute...

Well, I'm not going to fight over a movie sucking or not...You have your opinions I have mine. I'm sorry to offend you guys,etc...

I did like how the score was a little more toned down than it was in BF. Remember that screeching trumpet after the Batmobile went up the building in that movie? My eardrums almost popped!

To me when I see Mr. Freeze in anything he always wants to freeze Gotham lol.
And I think Bane should have been stronger and smarter than he was. I mean Batgirl and Robin beat him in like 2 seconds by kicking off his tube. If you look closely Batgirl's kick is a little late.

The fecophiliac is also a push-over.

No not a pushover, if you read the 'etc' It was pretty much sarcasm. I really don't care what you and others think? Why should I, you guys have poor taste in movies, obviously.

Poor taste in movies? There's no such thing & if you really think that you are more idiotic than we originally thought.

No not a pushover, if you read the 'etc' It was pretty much sarcasm. I really don't care what you and others think? Why should I, you guys have poor taste in movies, obviously.

It wasn't sarcasm... this is you drifting back like a bad odor.

Joel Shuemacher good director?No, horrible...His movies are poorly executed, i'll admit it. I went a little on the deep end about Batman Forever it wasn't that bad, I just think it spent to much time on the villians.

I think he's hit and miss. I enjoy many of his others(St Elmos, Lost Boys, Phone Booth, BF), others not so much at all.

I believe so, its been a long time since Ive looked at that book. Im gonna have to get it out. This might put to rest the long debate on how it was Burton who originally came up with "grotesque" Penguin.

not saying you are, but whats wrong with grotesque penguin? we're getting a grotesque joker.......big deal? who cares if it "scares" the kiddies, batman isnt a kiddie character. burton knew this, nolan knows this. i think schumacher may have known, but WB wanted the kiddie toy batman. sadly, Returns was ahead of its time for comic book movies. nowadays, everyone wants a dark tormented film, back then, it was all about profits and selling toys. kudos to burton for saying FU to the studios and there commericial poison. its like with B89, they had no clue how big batman would be, the when it hit the jackpot, WB was all "ooooo big new franchise, lotsa money, sell the merch.!" then Returns came, underperformed because of the darkness, WB goes "NOOO we need to lighten it and sell more toys to make $$!" so they get schumacher, he destroys the franchise with his "toyetic" vision for batman, stuido goes "oooooh we so screwed up! ok, lets go back to the dark and stuff and see what happens", they realize being true to the character, which they seemed to be getting right the first couple times, is really the way to go.

I think he's hit and miss. I enjoy many of his others(St Elmos, Lost Boys, Phone Booth, BF), others not so much at all.

"Hit and miss" is the perfect way to describe him. And the poor guys seems to try hard in his films.

Like I said killing him was a little bit over board. His movies are alot of hit and misses he is very inconsistant. Phonebooth was a great movie and so are the other ones(pointed out Phonebooth because it was just on television).

It wasn't sarcasm... this is you drifting back like a bad odor.

He's just the most pathetic little thing, isn't he? :applaud

Seriously though, I said it once & I'll say it again, I enjoy this movie, but it's horrible. He could've done a much better job with this movie. It could've been a classic.

I did like how the score was a little more toned down than it was in BF. Remember that screeching trumpet after the Batmobile went up the building in that movie? My eardrums almost popped!

After viewing it the other night for fun, I actually noticed the score is pretty close to being exact to BF.

Like I said killing him was a little bit over board. His movies are alot of hit and misses he is very inconsistant. Phonebooth was a great movie and so are the other ones(pointed out Phonebooth because it was just on television).

His best film for me is def The Lost Boys, that film is truly classic.

not saying you are, but whats wrong with grotesque penguin? we're getting a grotesque joker.......big deal? who cares if it "scares" the kiddies, batman isnt a kiddie character. burton knew this, nolan knows this. i think schumacher may have known, but WB wanted the kiddie toy batman. sadly, Returns was ahead of its time for comic book movies. nowadays, everyone wants a dark tormented film, back then, it was all about profits and selling toys. kudos to burton for saying FU to the studios and there commericial poison. its like with B89, they had no clue how big batman would be, the when it hit the jackpot, WB was all "ooooo big new franchise, lotsa money, sell the merch.!" then Returns came, underperformed because of the darkness, WB goes "NOOO we need to lighten it and sell more toys to make $$!" so they get schumacher, he destroys the franchise with his "toyetic" vision for batman, stuido goes "oooooh we so screwed up! ok, lets go back to the dark and stuff and see what happens", they realize being true to the character, which they seemed to be getting right the first couple times, is really the way to go.

Batman has been both a light and dark character through the ages, it just depends on what interpretation on him your looking at, 40's, 50's, 60's etc. You cant just say hes not a character for kids, because he has been at many times, just as hes been a more dark adult character also.

He's just the most pathetic little thing, isn't he? :applaud

Seriously though, I said it once & I'll say it again, I enjoy this movie, but it's horrible. He could've done a much better job with this movie. It could've been a classic.

I think you are right about that, this movie was garbage but it was enjoying sometimes(even if I was laughing at the nipples)...

How is it trolling when I was asking a question based on Batman????You are the damn troll. Just grow up man I haven't done anything to you.

You just asked was Bane in the series when I've posted pictures & we've discussed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"