World The Official Beast Wars Thread

Look who I met..CHEETOR!!!
IMG_0237.jpg

Well, Beast Wars itself is over 10 years old now. But yeah, voice actors rarely look like I imagine them based on the characters they voiced. Still, pretty awesome to meet him. :up:

When he was doing the live scripted reading, he still pulled off Cheetor's voice, which is strange to me because Cheetor sounds so young.

He told us that he was handed the script for Futurerama when the voice actors were going to be replaced. He said he would of refused any parts tho.

Yeah, I'm watching the G1 cartoons now and it's made me realize that the Predacons were really far superior to the Decepticons in terms of not being idiots. I mean, the Preds screw up a lot, but Megatron could've probably taken down most of the Maximals by himself and Inferno was a stone-cold badass until the transmetals came along.

Somewhat along that same line, I liked that Primal's Maximals were totally the wrong people for the job they wound up with. Unlike Optimus Prime and his honed, hardened military forces, they were completely out of their depth. I look at Primal's crew like the Army Core of Engineers to Prime's Marines--they've been to boot camp and they've had some training, but they're really not the guys you want on the front lines. Primal himself was a fairly smart commander, but he was absolute s*** in a fight. If not for Dinobot defecting and the Axalon lucking out by getting a tough but seemingly retired demolitions and infiltration expert on its crew, they would've gotten spanked in no time.
The one thing that bothered me about the show was that whenever a new character is introduced, they do the same thing like with X-Men or even Dragon Ball Z and make them nearly unstoppable. Then, like, the next episode, they're just as easy to fight as the next guy (to an extent). I mean, I'm sure every show does that, but it does get irksome.

Still, loved the show and to this day it remains one of my absolute favorites.

Yeah, we definitely saw that with Inferno and Rampage. Inferno was super-powerful, then the Transmetals came along and he became basically a comedic character. Rampage sort of went back and forth, although he wasn't anywhere near as fearsome as his origin would seem to indicate after his first episode.

How did Rampage die again? Didn't have something to do with sharing his Spark with Dinobot II?

Possibly. Depth Charge stabs him right in the spark with a piece of raw energon, causing a huge explosion that kills both Rampage and Depth Charge. It may have been because his spark was weakened after a part of it was used to create Dinobot, but that's speculation.

I think it's pretty much unanimously agreed that the death of Rampage let Dinobot's original personality return to Dinobot 2.

I need to re-watch the show. That finale with Depth Charge killing Rampage and then Dinobot returning is just awesome.

That doesn't make any sense to me, given that Dinobot 2 was a totally different being with a different spark. That brings back the idea of interchangeable souls for Transformers, which I don't like.

No. There was supposedly a deleted scene in an earlier episode where Dinobot 2 was supposed to download some of Dinobot's core programming, which we know influences personality but is different from the spark thanks to Beast Machines. That would make sense to me. Dinobot 2, free of Rampage's evil influence on their shared spark, recalls that bit of Dinobot's code and realizes that his predecessor had the right idea. That works for me because it's a whole new character deciding to work against Megatron for sensible reasons rather than some quasi-mystical return of Dinobot through his clone.

I like that better, too. They should have left that in.

I need to watch Beast Wars again. The ending was epic. RIP Depth Charge :csad:

Depth Charge was second only to Dinobot. All the deaths in that show were pretty epic, come to think of it. Dinobot's death? Aw man... :waa::up:

I'm glad I got mine from Amazon when I did. The prices people are charging there are crazy.

Eh, season 1 wasn't particularly great anyway. The series really started to get good right at the end of season 1.

I'd just like to have them seeing as I haven't seen them in 13 some odd years.

Eh, season 1 wasn't particularly great anyway. The series really started to get good right at the end of season 1.

It had a lot of good single-episode story arcs. Plus Season 1 is as long as 2 and 3 combined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"