The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayweather is winning but its close.

I gave it Maidana 1-5, 12. Mayweather 6-11. Draw

I agree but the thing about beating a champ is u really have to beat him to get the belt. It was really close but I think Mayweather won.

I agree. I have no problem with the decision. It should be that way. I'd be interested in a rematch.

Floyd took over after round 7. People get all confused with the 1000 punches Maidana threw. Maidana could've took it, had he not ran out of gas.

Maybe if Maidana has better speed he would have pulled it off?

Mayweather looked disinterested or just old. Pick one, but he was steps behind today. He barely made it through this fight.

Just a sloppier version of the Cotto fight to me, as soon as Floyd got him to the 2nd half of the fight he was tagging him at will.

Every "overhand right" Maidana throws is like 75% elbow. Along with the rabbit punches and headbutts, I don't see what else he was doing that legally registered.

Mayweather looked disinterested or just old. Pick one, but he was steps behind today. He barely made it through this fight.

I just think Maidana brought it. He was aggressive the entire fight. But Floyd won. :o

The scores were BS, two of the three judges put up the score card of the fight and took out their pre-scored score cards.

This robbery is as bad as the Castillo robbery.

Im in rd 4, so far I have it 4-0 Maidana. Its maidana's pace and fight so far. Lets see what happens next.

just finished rd 8, 5-3 Maidana. Last 3 rds went to Floyd.

Finished the full fight. 6-6 Draw.

Maidana- rds 1-5, 12
Floyd- rds 6-11

Floyd took control in the middle rounds he certainly lost the early rounds.

Amir Khan looked good 147lbs will suit him. He won't be drained as he was at 140.

Last edited:
I dont have a problem with Floyd winning. I could have given Floyd one of the earlier rounds, and round 12 was a toss up for me. It was close.

That's what I'm saying. It's not robbery that he won because he's the champ. But as much as I hate to agree with Iron Stark, he's right. Those judges score cards were way off. Maybe the took into account that Maidana just ran out of gas and started to throw bows and haymakers with most missing and how accurate Floyd got, I don't know. But I thought it was a close fight but I think its clear Floyd won.

Advice for Broner:

You're in a sport that features a ton of Mexican and Mexican-American athletes. This isn't the NBA or NFL. Unless you want a bullseye on your back (might already be too late), truly and honestly watch what you say. See, as a Mexican-American (75%) myself, I can tell you right now that we are a very prideful group of people -- a good portion of us also tend to be hot-blooded -- and this could lead to a bigger and badder wolf to drop down or move up just to knock your teeth out.

That is all.

Broner wants' Pacman a half sleep Pacman would shatter this clowns jaw.

That's what I'm saying. It's not robbery that he won because he's the champ. But as much as I hate to agree with Iron Stark, he's right. Those judges score cards were way off. Maybe the took into account that Maidana just ran out of gas and started to throw bows and haymakers with most missing and how accurate Floyd got, I don't know. But I thought it was a close fight but I think its clear Floyd won.

He didn't really land anything all fight, he was busy, but only connected on 25% of his shots. And when he did land, a lot of it was elbows, rabbit punches and headbutts. Floyd was picking him apart with clean shots, he just stayed on the robes too much early on like he did with Cotto.

Speaking of which, I'd much rather see him face the winner of Cotto/Martinez then another fight with this guy.

Advice for Broner:

You're in a sport that features a ton of Mexican and Mexican-American athletes. This isn't the NBA or NFL. Unless you want a bullseye on your back (might already be too late), truly and honestly watch what you say. See, as a Mexican-American (75%) myself, I can tell you right now that we are a very prideful group of people -- a good portion of us also tend to be hot-blooded -- and this could lead to a bigger and badder wolf to drop down or move up just to knock your teeth out.

That is all.
Yeah, he crosses the line way to often. Mayweather's "Money" persona is an act to sell and to be honest, it works. Whereas Broner is just straight up ignorant. It's a wonder he hasn't been taken care of on the street.
Broner wants' Pacman a half sleep Pacman would shatter this clowns jaw.
If Maidana hurt him badly, I can only imagine what Paq would do to him.
He didn't really land anything all fight, he was busy, but only connected on 25% of his shots. And when he did land, a lot of it was elbows, rabbit punches and headbutts. Floyd was picking him apart with clean shots, he just stayed on the robes too much early on like he did with Cotto.

Speaking of which, I'd much rather see him face the winner of Cotto/Martinez then another fight with this guy.

I agree but the first couple of rounds, Mayweather wasn't throwing anything. I think as the fight went along and Mayweather started to figure him out, Maidana started to fight dirty. I can't believe he came in at 165! That's Super Middleweight territory!

I think if Mayweather was to face the winner of that fight(which will clearly be Sergio), Mayweather would lose. I don't see Cotto beating Mayweather or Sergio and with Sergio's size, speed, and handpower, it would be one heck of a performance by Mayweather to pull that off.

8-4 Floyd, he landed the cleaner more effective punches, I know the stats prove this also. Maidana was aggressive and not deterred at any point but lets not award him the fight for doing better than most expected.

I have no desire to see a rematch, Floyd should move on to Khan.

I think if Mayweather was to face the winner of that fight(which will clearly be Sergio), Mayweather would lose. I don't see Cotto beating Mayweather or Sergio and with Sergio's size, speed, and handpower, it would be one heck of a performance by Mayweather to pull that off.

Still sleeping on Miguel I see? Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that, but in any event I'm thinking it's going to be a good fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"