The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

Easter has no chance against Garcia. After, at most, 5-6 rounds, Garcia is going to own him.

Guess I whiffed on that one.... :o

EDIT: In his last fight, I saw Easter fade somewhat after about 5-7 rounds and this wasn't a Garcia caliber opponent.

Watching Spence....Mikey....Please....Don't....

Easter ain't Errol.....

Mikey's folk are talkin' $#!t.....That fight is NOT happening unless Mikey's handlers are idiots. This is all PR.

Looks like Fury Wilder is confirmed.

I know it's probably all staged but the build up is going to be amazing. Two trash talking undefeated fighters. PPV or not, I'm getting this. Hearns and AJ have to feel like idiots. The plan was to fight Wilder in April and Fury next year but now they are fighting each other and will show that Wilder is a name in the USA. I honestly think this will put heavyweight boxing back on the USA map. Wilder actually does good numbers on Showtime and PBC when he fights on tv.

I know it's probably all staged but the build up is going to be amazing. Two trash talking undefeated fighters. PPV or not, I'm getting this. Hearns and AJ have to feel like idiots. The plan was to fight Wilder in April and Fury next year but now they are fighting each other and will show that Wilder is a name in the USA. I honestly think this will put heavyweight boxing back on the USA map. Wilder actually does good numbers on Showtime and PBC when he fights on tv.

Fury/Wilder fighting will no doubt piss Hearn/AJ off highly because in some ways it's going to close the door somewhat, but not completely, on one of AJ's potential big paydays as one of them is going to lose.

Fury/Wilder fighting will no doubt piss Hearn/AJ off highly because in some ways it's going to close the door somewhat, but not completely, on one of AJ's potential big paydays as one of them is going to lose.

Yeah, he would have made more fighting both Fury and Wilder while both were still unbeaten.

Did you guys see Errol Spence blast Terrence Crawford? He said exactly what I've been saying. Smoke and mirrors. That Bob Arum knows how to build a star and Crawford hasn't fought anyone. He hasn't!

Khan beats Vargas but not too impressive a performance.

Yeah, of the sport.

Feel free to address me directly next time.

Just saw this, unfortunately Darth already addressed you pretty good, in one of the few times he's actually made sense in here too, to make matters worse.

But yes, he's cooked. So much so that Floyd seems to be angling again for another easy pay day. That in itself says enough. If Manny were still truly dangerous Floyd wouldn't even consider it.

As far as tonight goes, I expect Canelo to win (again) if he can stay in the middle of the ring and not gas out...which I suppose is always a possibility with him.

After all that $#!@ talking GGG did, he was the one who got walked down. Canelo was faster, sharper, had the stronger shots (again) was never in trouble and just outclassed him, like he did the first fight.

GGG doesn't have enough tools when he can't just run over somebody and clearly, after 24 rds, he can't hurt Canelo. He deserves respect and has a granite chin as well, but Canelo is the superior boxer. Period. Even Sanchez told GGG he was losing after 7 rds...

Last edited:
I had GGG winning the fight. I thought Canelo was gonna walk away with it after round 7 with his body work and GGG looking slow and tired but then GGG i felt really controlled the second half of the fight, mixing in more power shots while still consistently using the jab and having Canelo actually look hurt at times. I'm conflicted on round 12 because Canelo tried to press the issue and felt a little more active to me at times in that round but GGG's shots had more weight in the round. But in the end i gave the fight to GGG. I gave both to GGG honestly.

Utter nonsense yet again, you just knew before the rematch even started that the only way GGG was winning this was if he knocked Canelo spark out, because if it was even vaguely close & went the distance, that he wouldn't be getting a decision win.

I'll give it one thing, this one was at least closer to being a draw this time around than the first. I had it 116-112 GGG, but there was a couple of close rounds in there but worst case was 114-114 IMO.

After all that $#!@ talking GGG did, he was the one who got walked down. Canelo was faster, sharper, had the stronger shots (again) was never in trouble and just outclassed him, like he did the first fight.

GGG doesn't have enough tools when he can't just run over somebody and clearly, after 24 rds, he can't hurt Canelo. He deserves respect and has a granite chin as well, but Canelo is the superior boxer. Period. Even Sanchez told GGG he was losing after 7 rds...
GGG is straight up and down. He has no head or foot movement which is why they avoid certain fighters with movement. I had Canelo winning but can see how people can say either one won. I knew GGG wouldn't adjust when they kept daring Canelo to stand and fight..........meaning don't box, just brawl.

That's the thing though, Canelo literally never stopped coming forward, he did exactly what they begged him to do. And for most of the fight GGG was trying very awkwardly to box, very slowly and uncomfortably. I will say I thought GGG did more meaningful work late in this fight than the first one, but it was too little too late.

Particularly in the middle rds when he started getting busier, a lot of it was pawing or slapping shots, nothing behind any of it. I don't see how he won more than 4 rds, 5 is extremely generous...

If little Canelo had GGG going backwards, walking him down, beating him up, I can only imagine what Ward would've done to him. It would've been a massacre. They were smart not to take the fight.

Joshua vs Povetkin tonight.

Am I reading this correct that AJ vs Povetkin was £20 last night? :loco:

I like AJ & all but I was never going to be paying £20 to be watching that fight unless the undercard was stacked.

Am I reading this correct that AJ vs Povetkin was £20 last night? :loco:

I like AJ & all but I was never going to be paying £20 to be watching that fight unless the undercard was stacked.
Yes it was.

Is DAZN doing well? I'm curious to the numbers of it.

Nice KO by Joshua on Povetkin who has only lost to Klitschko before his whole career. Joshua vs the winner of Wilder Vs Fury has got to happen at some point in the not too far future. Hopefully he fights them both.

Don't get the AJ hate.

Beat's whoever is in front of him, still leaning how to manage/dictate fights.

Wilder Fury confirmed for Dec 1st. Should be interesting

It’s not really his or his team’s fault but he will have lost something by letting Wilder and Fury fight each other before he fought them both himself.

Lennox Lewis lost the chance to take up his legacy another notch when Riddick Bowe refused to fight him. It isn’t enough to just beat who’s in front of you in a 1 on 1 vs sport full of champions like boxing. Even Klitschko gets little credit for dominating for a whole era. You need real scalps of top boxers on your CV when you go for greatness (like the guys of old had) and even if you were up for it and they ran away, it still limits your legacy unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"