The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

I'm not a guy that normally is into boxing but i gotta say, this Wilder - Fury fight is definitely something that has captured my interest... Fury's charisma is off the charts and i consider myself a fan of him now, after watching so many of his interviews, fights... He is just one of those magnetic people.

I feel that he is truly an underdog in this fight too. Coming out of a bumpy "retirement" and not looking that great on his "warm up" bouts he had previously. Also fighting against a extremely successful fighter who has an impeccable resume and is firing on all cylinders. Still i hope Fury can pull off something special on December the 1st.

Go Fury!

I'm not a guy that normally is into boxing but i gotta say, this Wilder - Fury fight is definitely something that has captured my interest... Fury's charisma is off the charts and i consider myself a fan of him now, after watching so many of his interviews, fights... He is just one of those magnetic people.

I feel that he is truly an underdog in this fight too. Coming out of a bumpy "retirement" and not looking that great on his "warm up" bouts he had previously. Also fighting against a extremely successful fighter who has an impeccable resume and is firing on all cylinders. Still i hope Fury can pull off something special on December the 1st.

Go Fury!
I plan on getting the PPV. Sorry to rant but I don't like the idea of DAZN. I know a lot people are saying that it's a good thing but forcing fighters to sign to your app or they won't get any money fights is wrong. Joshua/White 2 is a fight no one is asking for. But I do agree with you. Really looking forward to Wilder/Fury.

Floyd Mayweather to fight Tenshin Nasukawa at RIZIN’s New Year’s Eve event in Japan

mayweather_tenshin_rizin_14.1541388493.jpg

"Stay tuned for future news regarding the rules the bout will be contested under, as well as other match-ups for the card."

It for certain won't be an MMA bout, if I'd to guess it will be no kicks, no knees, no elbows with "maybe" more lenient clinching but doubtful, I severely doubt it will be in 4oz gloves either. I'd basically anticipate a boxing match just under the RIZIN FF banner.

I hope he knows what he's getting into, even if he gets boxing rules, it's in Japan & under RIZIN, we all know how Pride used to work with their relaxed PED testing & the alleged rigged fights. I know RIZIN isn't Pride, but lets just say there have been some questionable things went on with them as well in their brief history.

I can't see it being anything other than boxing rules. I would be interested in kickboxing rules, maybe Floyd has been training that all this time and he is a natural at it. That would be insane :eek:

But nah, I expect straight up boxing match.

It almost certainly will be a pure boxing bout, Floyd's not stupid, you don't stay undefeated as long as he has by taking absurd gambles. Even if this is a pure boxing match, I don't like this bout at all given it's venue & the promotion.

I am just amazed how desperate he has become. How much money must he spend to need another paycheck like this?

When have you ever seen a press conference from Floyd Mayweather be so.. lacking in confidence or conviction with his words. What's his motivations for taking this fight against this Japanese kid? If it's money I'd love to know how much he's been promised. There's something very fishy about this contest..

Checked out the guys Tyson Fury is sparring with while in preparation for Wilder.

Joe Joyce - "Strong, though, aggressive, athletic..." Height of 1.98m. Record of 6 wins, all KO's and 0 losses.

Guido Vianello - Height of 1.98m. "Super quick."

Lawrence Okolie - "Okolie is known for his long reach, excellent footwork and exceptional punching power." Height of 1.95m. He is also a cruiserweight with a record of 10 wins, 7 of those KO's and 0 losses.

Guido and Lawrence share close similarities to the way Wilder fights... style wise. Lawrence seems to have the same type of raw power and unloads in a similar manner. Joe Joyce seems like a solid tank. Interesting trio.

I am just amazed how desperate he has become. How much money must he spend to need another paycheck like this?

I still get the feeling that we will see a rematch with Canelo. This version of Floyd will get knocked out tho.

I still get the feeling that we will see a rematch with Canelo. This version of Floyd will get knocked out tho.
I would have said no way, but considering he was trying to get people to pay for a rematch with Manny, which got so little traction they seemed to have dropped that, I guess a rematch with Canelo might be an actual possibility.

I don't know how Canelo possibly makes weight. I'm sure Floyd will want it at 154, 160 max. Canelo is trying to go up to Super middleweight right now and rumors of him challenging at light heavyweight are in the wind as well.

Floyd doesn't dictate terms anymore. It is why he is having a bizarre fight in Japan.

The McGregor fight should have been his last hurrah, it was a spectacle & nothing more, the biggest MMA star comes fights boxing's biggest star in a boxing ring.

He's messing with his legacy now, I mean in some ways I think less of the likes of Mike Tyson & even Roy Jones because of how their careers fizzled out as opposed to going out on or close to the top. Truth be told, he looked old in the McGregor fight, it looked like age finally caught up with him. I think a Mayweather in his prime would have toasted McGregor inside 5 as opposed to the 10 rounds it did take inside his arena.

This Japanese kid he's fighting is a 27-0 kickboxer, much like with the Conor fight, it's not like kickboxers & predominantly striking mixed martial artists don't know how to throw a punch or don't have speed. He could get absolutely lit up if he doesn't take it seriously or doesn't have it anymore.

But, as Brendan Schaub said on Twitter -

I think this fight stinks & admittedly it's only because RIZIN is essentially Pride.. and we all know what went on there.

I really don’t see the point of any of these cross-format contests unless you have a mix of rules.

Usyk vs Bellew about to start.

Usyk won by KO on the 8th round. He's a beast.

That was a nasty, nasty left that floored him. Caught him literally right on the button & I don't care who you are, if you get hit on the chin like that by a 10 year old it's going to put you on wobbly legs at least nevermind an animal like Usyk. Here's the clip of the finish on ESPN's Youtube -

Was Bellew winning? Most, but not all, of the media outlets I follow on Twitter seemed to have Bellew up at the time by 1-3 rounds.

Good lord, that was vicious. Near perfect contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"