The Official Boxing Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pacman is gonna have a 3 match streak of retiring fighters. First de la Hoya, next Hatton and Mayweather.

Did anyone really believe Mayweather was retired for good? No. He was just waiting for the next worthy challenger to break through and make a monster payday a possibility. If Cotto hadn't been raped by Margarito this summer I think it was set to be him, but now Manny gets the opportunity because of the way he beat De La Hoya and his intercontinental popularity.

I read Manny is dropping down to his previous weight....says he just came up in weight for the Oscar fight

The second part is true, but he's not going back to Lightweight just yet. Pacquiao's already scheduled to fight Ricky Hatton at 140 on May 2nd.

He is going to beat Hatton like a drum....I know Hatton is a guy who can take a beating but this is going to be ugly

just a couple of more weeks till ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS returns

Pacquiao has agreed to fight Hatton...and the Margarito/Mosley fight is on tonight in front of a sold out crowd at the Staples Center....

May 2nd can't come any faster...

To a pretty proud Filipino...me!

wow, Shane Ko'd him, im a big Mosley fan but I never expected that, but I am happy

Anybody still think Margarito would beat Floyd

Last edited:
He is going to beat Hatton like a drum....I know Hatton is a guy who can take a beating but this is going to be ugly

LOL, That's really unlikely. Paquaio's not fighting an over the hill fighter (Barerra/Morales) or a weight drained zombie (Oscar).

No one's going to get beaten like a drum, it will be a competetive fight.

Hatton's going to get the win.

No doubt. Hatton's overrated.

No he's not. Just because he lost to Mayweather doesn't mean he's overrated. He's still the king at 140.

It will be a tough fight for both...

Hatton's a brawler...While I think we all can agree Manny is more tactical and smarter...

Manny used to be a brawler...And because of the new gameplan, he's kinda lost his edge, he eases up at the end too much...

people have said Hattons biggest handicap is discipline, he likes to drink and party in the weeks during his training....stamina is what hurts him and Manny can go a full 12 if needed...

people have said Hattons biggest handicap is discipline, he likes to drink and party in the weeks during his training....stamina is what hurts him and Manny can go a full 12 if needed...
:huh:

Stamina isn't one of Hatton's weakpoints. If anything, he's famous for coming on strong at the end of fights, and fighting 3 minutes of every round. He does let himself go in between fights, and it will catch up to him eventually (if it hasn't started too already,) but there's been no indication of him faltering down the stretch. To say "stamina is what hurts him" is to not know Ricky Hatton.

The weakest points of Hatton's game are his overzealousness in jumping in to land his left (usually with his hands down), and his paper thin skin. He's been working with Mayweather Sr. for a little while now, so hopefully that will button up his defense. And with his quick feet (just as fast as Pacquiao's, arguably), upper-body strength and mauling offense, he could make Pac very uncomfortable on the inside. But Pac will catch Hatton coming in more than once, and, if I had to bet, I'd go with Pac on cuts. But it should be a great fight.

And what Ricky can't? at 140 Hatton is a beast and can hang with the best of them, I remember people saying Tyszu would wipe the floor with him

Mosley/Mayweather needs to get made.

It should have happend years ago, I think Floyd will fight the winner of Hatton v Pacman, then really call it a day

Last edited:

Manny drinks and parties as much as Hatton, maybe even more.

I've never seen Hatton tire out in the championship rounds.

Ive seen his last 3 fights and, to me, he just looks gassed in the later rounds...I can see his fight with Manny going 10 or 11....I think the fight ends in a TKO though

No he's not. Just because he lost to Mayweather doesn't mean he's overrated. He's still the king at 140.

I'm not calling him overrated because he lost to Mayweather; everybody does that. 140 is an incredibly untalented division at the moment, because everybody either moves up to 147 or stays at 135. Being the king there is nothing special. Hatton's good, no doubt, but not as good as his forty plus wins against one loss might have you believe. You could argue Luis Collazo beat him, and he looked terrible against that one Mexican guy he fought most recently whose name escapes me at the moment. And I still maintain that Kostya Tsyzu was defeated mentally by that English crowd.

Pacman's gonna blow him up. Should be fun, though.

anohther great fight last night....Jim Lampley needs to call every boxing match ever...

If Pacman beats Hatton...Pacman Vs Mayweather will finally be on the cards!

Anyone watching 24/7? Such a great show. So many good things...Liev Schreiber narration for one.

I really like both fighters, but I think Pac Man has this one again.

Just one more week for my boy!!!

Did anybody see Froch come back to destroy Taylor? That was NASTY. Fight of the year so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"