Superman Returns The Official Brandon Routh IS Superman thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title of the thread suggests....Brandon Routh IS Superman.

He was awesome in the movie. I liked him from the start but when I finally saw the movie I thought he was even better that I had originaly, thought.

I know people (friends, family....) that liked the movie and people that didnt like the movie...They all agree on something. Brandon Routh was awesome as Superman...

Agreed. Whether people liked the actual movie or not, most agree Routh was great.

Yea, the first time he appears after saving the plane and giving his speech to everyone and Lois, i thought in my mind "HOLYCRAP, this guy fully convinced me he IS Superman".

especially since i just watched STM right before it.

I agree, Brandon Routh was awesome as Superman. However, I feel he may have been too young for the story that Singer was trying to tell. Both he and Kate Bosworth just looked too young to be the parents of Jason. Singer wanted to reboot the series with these young stars as Superman and Lois but have them be parents as well with a decent history between the two, it just didn't feel right. For me, the scene of Superman giving the speech to Jason at the end would have been better if Superman was played by an older actor. I almost felt like Superman could be Jason's brother. It doesn't help for the sequel either that Tristan will be 3 years older while of course Routh will be as well but he won't age as significantly.

Michael Rosenbaum and Josh Duhammel are both 34 and don't look older in these types of press photos than Routh does now:

TransformersPremiere_023.jpg

I think they overdid his makeup in SR. It was especially obvious in that closeup scene when he was flying over the water.

Routh did complain about the amount of makeup during the production of Sr. He said it made him look like a china doll.

Qwerty©;12064855 said:
Routh did complain about the amount of makeup during the production of Sr. He said it made him look like a china doll.
???

I think they overdid his makeup in SR. It was especially obvious in that closeup scene when he was flying over the water.
maybe that's a cgi human. you know SR got lot of bad cgi close-up of routh. just give us another perfect point to criticise it... mind bogging... why can't they just do close up on routh?
too many budget to spend i guess.

What? He did.

maybe that's a cgi human. you know SR got lot of bad cgi close-up of routh. just give us another perfect point to criticise it... mind bogging... why can't they just do close up on routh?
too many budget to spend i guess.
That's a very messed up thinking process you have there :dry:

Reeve-Routh.jpg

routh is looking very good actually. just that his neck is a little thinner and the collar treatment looks bad as compared. it would be a shame if he can't do another superman movie.

^

The thing is that picture looks very little like Routh. The amount of make up he has on and his style of hair make him look 18.

Qwerty©;12101099 said:
^

The thing is that picture looks very little like Routh. The amount of make up he has on and his style of hair make him look 18.
:whatever: how come you love to say the opposite of what i said.

bumping this glorious babe

I like a lot Brandon too , but you bump the thread because of Dylan Dog?

Nah; just felt like it. This is the only thread on all SHH about superman being cast for a film; that means its special ;)

Brandon Routh did a great job as Superman & I'd love to see him as Superman again in a sequel film.

Routh did a very good job for an unknown. Granted some don't like him, but he didn't do too bad with what he got. I like to see him have more lines if MoS get made.

His face is still a little too long and slender for my tastes (reminds me more of a Superboy), but I thought he was pretty fantastic in the role, and in the end, that's what really counts.

Looking forward to a sequel, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Routh did a very good job for an unknown. Granted some don't like him, but he didn't do too bad with what he got. I like to see him have more lines if MoS get made.

I agree:yay:. And I'd love to see him in more Superman movies.

Do you feel that Brandon didn't have a "tough enough" side to be Superman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"