Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I think War Machine has been treated primarily as a joke so far. Like "haha, he's a less good Iron Man, hilarious!" Stark not letting him suit up for the final fight in IM3, none of the Avengers taking him seriously in AoU, and then when it finally looks like his time to shine Vision swoops in out of nowhere and one ups him. Not the best track record.

I agree. WM needs to establish his own identity, and not just the buddy of Tony Stark who uses an inferior armor. I think it also illustrates a problem with MCU, which doesn't treat all their characters with equal respect. I love MCU, but it isn't perfect and I hope by (finally) adding WM, Falcon to the Avengers roster, they will be treated like Avengers and not a sidekick that plays for laughs.

I thought Rhodey was treated well in IM2. He seemed to be on equal footing with Tony. He should be treated like that.

Looks like Grillo's Crossbone's mask will just a facemark and not a ski mask. I called it, they aren't going to hide Grillo's perfect hair.

Ummm we haven't seen his look yet. the thing he posted on instagram was fan art

RHodey was treated ok in IM2. He kinda had a bit of his own story with dealing with Stark.

Too bad IM3 kinda did away with a lot of that, but at least he showed up in the climax

Cheadle is a good actor but I don't think they've used him that well. On another note, I like Cheadle better than Howard as an actor but I always felt Howard's Rhodey was better.

I wouldn't mind a similar tone to TWS, it was perfect for the story told. I think I remember Markus and McFeely saying that they wanted make the tone of the film "an amalgam" of The First Avenger and The Winter Solider.

Last edited:
RHodey was treated ok in IM2. He kinda had a bit of his own story with dealing with Stark.

Too bad IM3 kinda did away with a lot of that, but at least he showed up in the climax

Cheadle is a good actor but I don't think they've used him that well. On another note, I like Cheadle better than Howard as an actor but I always felt Howard's Rhodey was better.

I agree. I usually prefer Cheadle as an actor. But Howard's camaderie with Downey was more believable. Neither, in my book, really capture how Rhodey is portrayed in the comics. Rhodey always came off more like somebody who had Stark's back, but occasionally would fly off the handle whenever Stark dicked him around. He seems a little more hot-headed compared to both Howard and Cheadle's passive demeanor. But shame on me expecting the MCU to do a direct translation!

yes. for shame!!
don't you know Marvel ruins everything?!

:whatever:

I think it will be very close to that though. They really don't like covering up Actor's eyes, especially someone like Grillo's eyes which is where his intensity can be seen. We'll see what they do.

yea the rumors from the same people who got the info on Cap and IM's new suits said Crossbones has a full mask/helmet

I hope he does just saying thats not the first time he's reposted the mask only style

According to DCMF on twitter, Emily VanCamp starts shooting this week and has said she'll be on Cap 3 till the end of summer, so it seems she'll have a larger role this time around.

According to DCMF on twitter, Emily VanCamp starts shooting this week and has said she'll be on Cap 3 till the end of summer, so it seems she'll have a larger role this time around.

nice :up:
hope its true

Funeral for the people killed by the event that triggers CW? Bit surprised that another event is needed after everything that happened in AoU!

Same here. I'd imagine the Hulk v. Hulkbuster fight alone would be enough to trigger this, not to mention Sokovia.

well if they stress how badly f***ed up the planet has been because of these superhero battles, nearly ten years of constant apocalyptic destruction, it gives a bit more credence and sympathy to the Pro-Reg side, I suppose

Plus, they didn't show any actual deaths in South Africa, and Sokovia is a fake place, so if they want to make the tragedy seem more real, they may have to trot out the corpses. Not in a gory or unnecessary way mind you, but something to really drive the point home in a way the previous films haven't

So I got bored, and wrote the first half of a story treatment for how Id love to see Civil War turn out. Figured I'd just post it here, in case anyone would like to read it:

Captain America: Civil War
Proposed Outline

---The film opens with Cap leading the New Avengers on a mission against Dr. Blood. He has been running genetic experiments to create meta-humans. He nearly escapes, only to be shot and wounded by The Winter Soldier, who flees the scene before Cap can catch him. He returns to the doctor's fortress, where they liberate the surviving test subjects, including Dr. Karla Sofen. Recovered information shows a connection to Baron Helmut Zemo, a new player in the international underworld with a keen interest in metahumans. Unbeknownst to the Avengers, Zemos's henchman, Crossbones, has made off with one of the test subjects: Nitro.
---Back in the United States, Tony Stark, Hank Pym, and C.I.A. head Henry Peter Gyrich unveil a grand plan, headlined by the Superhuman Registration Act, which would unite all the worlds super-resources under one governing body. One of the key points involves negotiations with Wakanda, which have stalled with stubborn King T'Chaka. Cap calls in, questioning aspects of the S.R.A. Tony disregards his concerns and orders him to stop chasing Bucky on the Avengers' time.
---Cap ignores said order, and leaves with Sam and Natasha to track Bucky before he can leave the country. Coincidentally, King T'Chaka is set to make a speech regarding the S.R.A. Treaty. Crossbones is there with Nitro, as is Bucky. A three-way fight ensues between the three heroes, Bucky, and Crossbones.
---Back to Blood's fortress, Vision and Wanda are having "a moment", while he helps her cope with Pietro's death. Meanwhile, Rhodey receives secret orders from Stark.
---While this, is all happening, the fight continues. However, Nitro approaches the stage and detonates, killing T'Chaka and hundreds of bystanders. In the devastation that follows, Bucky and The Avengers help with evac, while Crossbones escapes.
---This attack sparks an immediate outcry of support for the S.R.A. Nearly overnight countless international meetings are arranged, and the legislation is fast-tracked towards becoming international law. A grieving Prince T'Challa arrives to speak with Stark.
---All this happens while the Avengers are returning. When they get back to HQ, they find that Gyrich and Ross have taken over. Cap wants to take the fight to Zemo, but is ordered to stand down. Bucky is promptly arrested. Stark arrives with T'Challa to show off his grand plans to Cap, which work towards a future of unification to prepare for the next invasion. However, all Cap cares about is freeing Bucky, who has been thrown into a tiny "super-prison" created by Pym and Lang.
---Crossbones reports back to Zemo, who proclaims that all is proceeding as he has foreseen. A Masters of Evil lineup is teased, including Abomination and Yellowjacket.
---Back at HQ, Stark has begun rounding up powered people from around the world, including a young vigilante from New York. He is setting up an Avengers Acadamy, and offers T'Challa a chance to get involved. Meanwhile Cap seeks advice from Vision, who advises him to wait and think. He tries to leave on his own, but is arrested by Rhodey on orders from Gyrich.
Stark contacts Hawkeye to teach at the Acadamy. When he demands to speak to Cap, Stark reveals the location of the farm to Gyrich. But when the C.I.A. arrives, Clint is gone.
---Inside Pym's prison, which also houses the likes of Yellowjacket, Abomination, and Blood, Cap and Bucky catch up on old times. It's revealed that Peggy has died, and Cap is increasingly doubting if he has any place in the new world. What if Stark is right?
---Meanwhile, Sharon has determined those still loyal to Cap: Wanda, Sam, Natasha, and Clint. She steals the Ant-man suit and breaks Bucky and Cap out. The group flees into the night to track down Zemo

I thought that too, I guess it depends on the size of the funeral.

I was researching online and found out how Civil War will end

The North wins and slavery is abolished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95