The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic. My take on how colors could look.

ubyRK.jpg

Also, I think Cavill is tall enough, but he's just very wide right now, which makes him appear shorter.

Adams beside Snyder 1. To his credit , he is in front of Adams a bit here but does not appear much taller then her. (she is wearing 3 inch heals) He is listed as 5"-7" which may be about right if Adams is 5"-4".
amyadamssetmansteelcbmr.jpg

Snyder next to Adams 2... ahem...
amyadamsonsetofmanofste.jpg

Cavill next to Snyder... Not towering IMO...
30044720354056304876910.jpg

...obvious attempt to avoid the sign behind him?...

33990454033276284511940.jpg

Snyder beside a man in red cape!
zack-snyder-343776.jpg

zack-snyder-343770.jpg

Butler is said to be 6'-2" but Jimmy Fallen is said to be 5'-10"
you be the judge...
gerard-butler-jimmy-fallon-singing.jpg

Somebody's got a Kryptonian yard stick around here!...

Don't get me wrong... I think Cavill is going to be great, but he is not 6-1, at least not 6-1 in Earth feet!

Last edited:
^^^

No way man, this isn't Wrestling where they exaggerate Height all crazy! He is either 1 inch shorter or over IMO.

My guess is this Girl is around 5'2", Amy Adam's is listed at 5'4", Henry is gonna tower over Amy!

I give him 5'11" tops in that pic. That's if she is even 5'2".

Adams beside Snyder 1. To his credit , he is in front of Adams a bit here but does not appear much taller then her. (she is wearing 3 inch heals) He is listed as 5"-7" which may be about right if Adams is 5"-4".
amyadamssetmansteelcbmr.jpg

Snyder next to Adams 2... ahem...
amyadamsonsetofmanofste.jpg

Cavill next to Snyder... Not towering IMO...
29609123330989005255712.jpg

...obvious attempt to avoid the sign behind him?...

33990454033276284511940.jpg

Snyder beside a man in red cape!
zack-snyder-343776.jpg

zack-snyder-343770.jpg

Butler is said to be 6'-2" but Jimmy Fallen is said to be 5'-10"
you be the judge...

Sombody's got a Kryptonian yard stick around here!...

If Snyder is 5'7" then Butler and Cavill are 5'11"; Butler maybe even 5'10"

Oh, and I think the suit blows the SR suit out of the water

Snyder next to Cavill...

Snyder next to Butler...
zack-snyder-343770.jpg

Butler next to Fallen... (who is not known to be a giant)

Again, I think Cavill is going to be awesome... just not a huge guy. 5'-10" -5'-11".

Fallon next to DeNiro!
jimmy-fallon_tickets_4040.png

Last edited:
Snyder next to Cavill...

Snyder next to Butler...
zack-snyder-343770.jpg

Butler next to Fallen... (who is not known to be a giant)

Again, Cavill next to Snyder...
henry%2Bcavill%2Bzach%2Bsnyder.jpg

Again, I think Cavill is going to be awesome... just not a huge guy. 5'-10" -5'-11".

Sorry but Cavill isnt 5'10 or 5'11 he's atleast 6" if not 6'1

Jay Leno is listed as 5'11, clearly Cavill is taller than him, if anything this picture shows Cavill is 6'1 if not taller than that

henryheight.jpg

I don't understand why your feel the need to nitpick in such painstaking detail. People wouldn't even notice things like this if you weren't post a gallery's worth of pictures comparing Cavill's height to several people then comparing their height to other people's.

Why must the internet be so anal retentive?

Last edited:
Sorry but Cavill isnt 5'10 or 5'11 he's atleast 6" if not 6'1

Jay Leno is listed as 5'11, clearly Cavill is taller than him, if anything this picture shows Cavill is 6'1 if not taller than that

henryheight.jpg

This Pic above all others, without any doubt, proves to me that Cavill is at-least 6'2-1/2 or 6'3" with his shoe's on.

I have been watching Jay Leno religiously for the past 11 years, I record every single episode and watch him every single night. Although Jay is listed at 5'11", I have heard him say many times that he is 6 feet when chatting with his celeb guests.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought Jay was taller then he actually is, as Jay is taller then the vast majority of the guest that come on his show, I always looked at Jay as taller man.

Cavill looks a good 2 inches taller here, I cannot see how anyone can even put Henry in the 5 whatever range after seeing this pic.

I'm a bit shocked I didn't think of looking for a height comparison next to Jay, awesome job DCnightwing!!! :up:

^^^

And who are you comparing his height to in these Vids? I don't see how you are projecting height based on these Vids, he is standing next to some woman that probably have heals on and that he is taller then.

And... He grew since then!!! :D

:)

Last edited:
^^^

And who are you comparing his height to in these Vids? I don't see how you are projecting height based on these Vids, he is standing next to some woman that probably have heals on and that he is taller then.

Okay, compare him in this clip to Ed Begley Jr, who is 6'3-6'4 (same height as Reeve, Hemsworth, Routh (with boots on) etc), according to Wiki (6 feet and 3.5 inches). He's the one who shakes his hand here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ws0OLanSAlI#t=106s

The difference is obvious.

Last edited:
Classic. My take on how colors could look.

ubyRK.jpg

Also, I think Cavill is tall enough, but he's just very wide right now, which makes him appear shorter.

Awesome!! This shade of blue is great as well! I always preferrd the darker blue myself. Fleischer and Earth One Supes being prime examples of that.

I don't understand why your feel the need to nitpick in such painstaking detail. People wouldn't even notice things like this if you weren't post a gallery's worth of pictures comparing Cavill's height to several people then comparing their height to other people's.

Why must the internet be so anal retentive?

I don't get it either. Complaining about an inch or two. :whatever: I mean, this is a movie. They always make actors look taller (or smaller) if needed. Tom Cruise anyone? :oldrazz: Besides I always thought for Supes 6'1 or 6'2 would be better than 6'3 or beyond. Simply because he could ´´disappear in the crowd`` as Clark Kent more easily. Just by wearing shoes with no lifts and having a kind of slouchy pose, not nerdy or anything but you can easily make yourself an inch or two shorter by just subtly changing the way you hold yourself or walk. And in the Super suit, considering it has boots and all boots have an inch or two lift in the them, he of course stands very tall and confident. So in theory, if Supes is 6'1, he could make himself appear to be 5'11 as CK and 6'3 as Supes. Helps the whole disguise issue a bit. :awesome:

Oh well until the promoting of the movie begins in about 6 months I guess I'll have to put up with people complaining about inches, hair supposedly being parted the wrong way, hair not being dark enough, people being too old, people not wearing trunks on the outside of their pants, people having the wrong skin colour, an actor only having one sweater and the director wearing too casual clothes on set, among other things. :sleepy:

Conan is closer to the height of Reeve, 6'3-6'4. He would definitely dwarf over Cavill.

obrien_and_leno-300x300.jpg

custom_1242894879046_jay-leno-and-conan-obrien.jpg

You made a good point here, Conan is looking about 4-5 inches taller then Jay. Conan is listed as 6'4, considering the Pic of Cavill next to Jay, he looks to be inbetween Jay and Conan, Cavill looking a bit closer to Jay.

The whole point is that Cavill is not going to have any height issue's on screen, considering the average height of a man in America is 5 feet 9.2 inches, Cavill easilly clears this. For a woman it is 5 feet 3.8 inches. Amy is 5'4" Cavill 6'1", maybe taller if them boots he is wearing have any extra oomp to em, Cavill will be towering over her and I'm sure the majority of the cast (other then Shannon of-course).

:)

Last edited:
Oh, and I think the suit blows the SR suit out of the water

I agree, though I never really hated the SR suit itself either. I was a bit iffy on the tribal pattern on the suit, but I like them better now that there are pics of the full suit, they don't look that bad. Plus I think it's alongside the new comic suit (the armoured one) in my mind for an interesting take on the classic suit, but still keeps the essential feel of the classic.

Luke Evans is 6' (183 cm) who played Zeus in Immortals movie, this pic shows Cavill to be at least equal to his height (Though I think that judging by this pic Cavill is at 6' 1".)

Luke-Evans-attends-the-Immortals-premiere-in-Los-Angeles_12.jpg
_DSC8487%20Luke%20Evans%20Henry%20Cavill.jpg

Hollywood actors (especially the leading man types) have been known to exaggerate their heights. So when the casting of a 6’1” Superman was announced, it was a legitimate worry whether this was a real 6’1” or an embellished 5’10" or 5’11”. But all the circumstantial evidence suggests it's the former. Celebheights.com lists Cavill as 6’½”. Now, they’re not necessarily the final authority. But they strive for accuracy and they love to “out” shorter actors who fib. So something very close to 6’1” looks to be about right.

Wow... Just one tiny comment and people go off on it like a gossip column, hehehe. I don't mind the height, that he isn't 6'4". I just wondered. :cwink:

But no one is saying he is 6'4... :confused:

So it's no surprise a 6'4 guy looks taller than him...

I'm just showing how a man of 6'4 (Reeve's height) looks in comparison to Cavill onscreen. There's a discernable 4 inch difference between between them there.

Height is irrelevant though, since he isn't playing the Donner version or the Supes of the comics, but his own reinvented version. I'm okay with a 6'0 Superman.

I actually like the fact that Zod (Shannon) is taller, at 6'3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"