Days of Future Past The Official Edi Gathegi/Darwin Thread

I suspect he will die. Typical but not unexpected.

A bit dissapointing though considering the possibilities of his powers are near limitless, he could have been a really useful character to have in future movies.

A bit dissapointing though considering the possibilities of his powers are near limitless, he could have been a really useful character to have in future movies.

Well I did say I suspect. I'm not a 100% certain but this is Hollywood where the black guy always dies and we see so little of him, no x-uniform and not there at the end on the beach. I'm just rambling, I don't really know for certain.

Dude already said he hopes they use more of stuff in the sequels (if people come out to see this movie)

I don't think he dies.

I'm guessing he doesn't join the team once the govt. steps in. Not everyone, especially a black man in the 60s, would be happy to take orders from a government that barely gives you civil rights.

Poor Darwin. Even Riptide got some love this time. Why are they leaving him out?

Maybe his powers are key to the plot? Kinda of like how Rogues power was in X1 and Xavier in x2 or Leech in x3?

Thats why they haven't shown it....

I think there is a reason, definetly.

maybe the effects are the most complex from the whole movie, who knows?

his powers is a really interesting one, definetly.

I think he could be the red shirt In the film.I think Darwin bites it during the Hellfire
club's attack on CIA headquarters.

Over at MSNBC Movies page you know why Angel Isn't seen much with the X-Men In the
trailers.

He seems to be the most powerful, he's basically like wolverine, so he definitely didn't die during the movie.

I'm thinking Darwin's powers might be pretty important to the plot. He's one of the more powerful characters in the film but we haven't seen his abilities on screen at all.

It seems from the Havok trailer that they'll be honoring his African/Spanish origins with that accent he had..

Yahoo! Movies UK asked X-MEN: FIRST CLASS cast members James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Rose Byrne, Jason Flemyng, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, Alex Gonzalez, Edi Gathegi, Zoe Kravitz, Lucas Till and Caleb Landry Jones which mutant power they would want in real life.

Edi Gathegi (Armando Muñoz/Darwin) – “I’ll tell you a story – I was an ‘X-Men’ fan growing up. I woke up every Saturday morning and I was glued to the TV when the ‘X-Men’ cartoon was on. And when the movie came out I loved it. It was the best superhero reimagining that I’d ever seen. I loved the ‘X-Men’ series. But Wolverine was the guy I loved when I was a kid. For some reason – the adamantium, the swagger, it was all about Wolverine. My character’s relatively new – he was created maybe five years ago – and if my character were around when I was a kid, he’d definitely be my favourite character. I tell you what the powers are and you go, ‘Wait a minute, that’s awesome.’ He wasn’t around when I was a kid, but if he were it’d be all about Darwin.”

Last edited:
Just a random thought, but I was wondering how the civil rights movement at the time will factor into this film. They set the film against that backdrop for specific reasons obviously. I'm wondering if racial tensions are part of the reason why the two black mutants on the team aren't in uniform at the final battle.
Though we do know that Angel betrays the team for the Hellfire Club.

Racial tensions?

Darwin and Angel Salvadore are not just part of the X-Men line-up

It wouldn't be right to have this movie set in the 60's and not bring up or establish racial tension, even between mutants...

I totally agree. It would be a missed opportunity to have it set during this particular time period and not bring that up. Especially considering how much of the X-Men's key theme stems from the Civil Rights movement in the 60s.

I totally agree. It would be a missed opportunity to have it set during this particular time period and not bring that up. Especially considering how much of the X-Men's key theme stems from the Civil Rights movement in the 60s.

I could see Darwin being placed in a situation where he effectively has to choose between fighting for Civil Rights vs Mutant Rights.

May be he ended up working for CIA, but not joining X-men at the mansion. I wonder how

spoiler

Angel joins Hellfire club though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"