The Official Green Lantern Set Pic Thread

cant wait to get some more photos. They were to be at that bar location again today right if i recall. Then they move to another spot?

A little up from last night. Ryan was wearing THE RING when he signed my GL#1. So I got a close up view. Perfect ring!

They were filming a fight scene not a flight scene. GL punches a bad guy and he flys into a truck. That is the purpose of the wires and cables. Fun stuff.

I'll be back tonight for sure.

green1z.jpg

green2h.jpg

green3u.jpg

green6.jpg

green4n.jpg

and it's a fight scene too. again, I don't recall one like this with Hal without his costume in the first draft. i wonder who the 'bad guy' is..

at this point, i wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of that character. besides, according to the guy who took the pictures, he punches the bad guy so hard that he flew in the air, hitting the truck. no way Hal would do that to a civilian.

In the first draft [BLACKOUT]Hal unconsciously protects himself from Jenna's boyfriend and his friends and, If I recall, sends one of them flying trough a brick wall with his ring.[/BLACKOUT] He might still not know the true power of the ring and just be striking back.

On the other hand, Hal sending a "civillian" flying trough a truck... I don't know why, but it smells like undercover Manhunters to me. :woot:

i forgot that. man, just killed the dude. haha.

through a truck is actually mercy compared to a brick wall.

^ Mother****ing huge boyfriend, maybe?

I was going to say its probably this
if I remember correctly aren't him and carol having dinner and then he goes to the restroom after seeing his ring crack open the crab. Then the boyfriend and his friends take him outside to beat him up.

I honestly don't know how much they could have changed from the original in those 2 months they delayed the production.

Actually [BLACKOUT]He goes outside to call Tom (Who has Abin's spaceship) and tell him what the ring just did and bumps into Jenna's boyfriend and his friends in an alley. They drag him to the beach and start beating him up.[/BLACKOUT]

By the way, I double-checked the script and there are no [BLACKOUT]brick walls. Hal just punches them with the giant green hand and knocks them out.[/BLACKOUT]

I'm seriously thinking Manhunters. Who knows? They might be replacing Legion. It'd make sense.

Last edited:
I don't really remember it but that makes more sense, they probably just changed the scene to an alley instead which kinda makes sense. I don't see why they wouldve kept legion in the script, he's so expensive to pull off.

cool set photos, lucky bumbs who got to get an autography from ryan and see the ring.

Indeed.

Damn, I really need to change my avi. I'm starting to think I'm Proto, even.

funny you should mention that spiderbyte the other day on the ironman 2 board i thought
'' why the hell is this dude talking to himself" lol

man i really wish i could get to new orleans during filming urrrrrggh. As i mentioned my mom is going to be going there hopefully within the next few weeks. So if so i will try to have to get to any locations to see anything and all that.

I was hoping for a close up shot of the ring itself. Cool stuff though. That fight scene wasn't in the first draft so I'm eager to see what else changed.

Is it really necessary to quote a meter's worth of obnoxiously large images--forcing us to wait longer for the page to load, and scroll through the same thing twice--just to write the word "neat"? I mean, honestly.

/pet peeve

It's okay. I like my new one better (Smallville FTW!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"